joey24dirt

Local to me...

I’m just wondering who lives local to me and owns either a DTP or BE? I’m in teeside and may need assistance with a little project I’m helping with.

I don’t own a sage currently so would be looking to do some test fitting of a part that’s being made.

I could of course chuck a cheeky offer in with@rhys and see what happens

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

If it's anything I'm in York on the weekend of the 2nd to the 4th, and still have my BE... Could probably make it to you on the Sunday at some point?

• Like 1

If it's anything I'm in York on the weekend of the 2nd to the 4th, and still have my BE... Could probably make it to you on the Sunday at some point?

Do you mean you would travel up from York? I’m about and hour and twenty from York that’s all

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Haven't you heard,@joey24dirt? Everywhere north of Leicester is a 30 min drive from everywhere else. At least, that's what my southern friends think!

I've lost track of the amount of times someone has said "oh, they're quite near you... Lancaster/York/Newcastle/Liverpool/Glasgow?"

...and I don't even live in the North!!

• Like 1

Haven't you heard,[mention=15112]joey24dirt[/mention]? Everywhere north of Leicester is a 30 min drive from everywhere else. At least, that's what my southern friends think!

I've lost track of the amount of times someone has said "oh, they're quite near you... Lancaster/York/Newcastle/Liverpool/Glasgow?"

...and I don't even live in the North!!

Haha this is true

@SkateReclaimCreate

And of course the roads are far quieter up here. Still using the old Roman roads here

• Like 2

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

From someone living south of the Thames you are definitely all up North ..  So are Northeners ..

• Like 2

From someone living south of the Thames you are definitely all up North ..  So are Northeners ..
South of the Thames, eh?
Do you know my mate, lives down your way?
Folkestone, that's near you, right?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jymbob said:

South of the Thames, eh?
Do you know my mate, lives down your way?
Folkestone, that's near you, right?

Might do , is he more generous with his birthday cake 😂

Basically you're all northerners.
South is where they grow coffee, or Austria maybe...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, joey24dirt said:

Do you mean you would travel up from York? I’m about and hour and twenty from York that’s all emoji51.png

If there’s a coffee in it for me I’m game for anything... :)

• Like 1

Might do , is he more generous with his birthday cake
There was plenty! I blame whoever was cutting the slices
  • Like 2

If there’s a coffee in it for me I’m game for anything...

Of course

@SkateReclaimCreate

There was plenty! I blame whoever was cutting the slices

If you’re ever doing commissions I’ll be ordering some of that. So so good

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@SkateReclaimCreate

@joey24dirt do you just need me to bring the machine or do you need me to bring any other bits and bobs of the kit? Would hope to be with you by about midday on the Sunday, but will let you know closer to the time :) 

• Like 1

[mention=15112]joey24dirt[/mention] do you just need me to bring the machine or do you need me to bring any other bits and bobs of the kit? Would hope to be with you by about midday on the Sunday, but will let you know closer to the time  

I’ve just checked my work planner and I’m actually on call on the 4th so that’s screws things up a little.

All it is I’m wanting to do is test a prototype portafilter. As sage have whacked their 54mm pf prices up, I’ve spoke to someone I know and we have got a 3D printed one to try. May as well make our own to keep the costs down, and saves me having to modify them

• Like 1

@SkateReclaimCreate

12 minutes ago, joey24dirt said:

I’ve just checked my work planner and I’m actually on call on the 4th so that’s screws things up a little.

All it is I’m wanting to do is test a prototype portafilter. As sage have whacked their 54mm pf prices up, I’ve spoke to someone I know and we have got a 3D printed one to try. May as well make our own to keep the costs down, and saves me having to modify them emoji106.png

Ah 😕 not sure I'll be able to get up on the Saturday though, as I'm looking after my grandad post-op. Not sure if there's any way to make it work, but I don't think I'll be up again until end of August which I guess is a while away.

• Like 1

Ah  not sure I'll be able to get up on the Saturday though, as I'm looking after my grandad post-op. Not sure if there's any way to make it work, but I don't think I'll be up again until end of August which I guess is a while away.

It’s ok don’t worry about there’s no great rush to have it tested, I was just seeing what was close nearby. I could go down to Lakeland in Northallerton to test it haha

• Like 1

@SkateReclaimCreate

25 minutes ago, joey24dirt said:

It’s ok don’t worry about emoji4.png there’s no great rush to have it tested, I was just seeing what was close nearby. I could go down to Lakeland in Northallerton to test it haha

John Lewis also have a lot on display if there’s one near you

• Like 1