Rom

Coffee Compass Mystery 11

Just ordered my a kilo 

Thinking about the 2kg of greens, but  I really need to use up my older greens.

Does any one know why my letter's are slanting ? what have I pressed. 🤔

Londinium I / Monolith Conical / Macap MC4 / Cormorant CR600 Roaster

Posted (edited)

Does any one know why my letter's are slanting ? what have I pressed. 

The I  italic button between the B bold button & the U underline button.  Hitting all 3 would give you This!

Edited by ashcroc
  • Thanks 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Thanks, sorted.

Londinium I / Monolith Conical / Macap MC4 / Cormorant CR600 Roaster

Last 2 have been disappointing imo, but at 14 quid a kilo it's always worth a punt

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Gaggia Classic Chrome - Mignon Specialita 55

Last 2 have been disappointing imo, but at 14 quid a kilo it's always worth a punt

It didn't help that they were following the stunner that was mystery #8 either.

8 was great, 9 was okay and I don’t like to talk about 10 although the rest of the family liked it

Gaggia Classic, Brasilia RR55OD

I had a preview of what was going to be 11 about 4 weeks ago, can't confirm if it's the beans they ended up with but the ?11 was a lot nicer than 10.

It's was  heavily in the roasted section of the taste wheel, mild smoke taste with a roast aftertaste.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FuzzyFeltDeath said:

I had a preview of what was going to be 11 about 4 weeks ago, can't confirm if it's the beans they ended up with but the ?11 was a lot nicer than 10.

It's was  heavily in the roasted section of the taste wheel, mild smoke taste with a roast aftertaste.

In that case I'll risk it. 8 was great 9 not so much and I had to updose to 20g into 35g in 30s to get anything worth drinking out of 10.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

Ordered 2kgs, can't wait to try it

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Lelit Bianca PL162T / SGP

Just ordered a K, we'll see...

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

Posted (edited)

Ordered 2kg and have been drinking it for a bit less than 2 weeks.

This one has been a massive disappointment. I can't wait to be done with it. Mk10 was actually pretty ok, not as good as Mk8 but pretty good value for money. I found it well balanced. This one is sour, I tried to grind finer to the point I was clearly over-extracting it and yet it still was very sour. While I really enjoy Yirgacheffe beans, this is different and has left me frustrated. It may be that the Mignon is not good enough but I never had an issue with it before.

I will have to play with the brew temperature now. I'm really looking forward to reading what the others think about this batch.

Edited by Quenteagle

Just received a mystery parcel. It was another kilo of "Mystery 11" with a note saying, "Dear Customer, We tried the first roast of our new Mystery Mark 11 after a few days rest and we were unhappy with it. You were one of those to receive the first lot, please accept this replacement."
Full marks to Richard and his team! 
Real preemptive customer service. 
It will be interesting to see how the two compare.

• Like 6

Just received a mystery parcel. It was another kilo of "Mystery 11" with a note saying, "Dear Customer, We tried the first roast of our new Mystery Mark 11 after a few days rest and we were unhappy with it. You were one of those to receive the first lot, please accept this replacement."
All you need now is a grinder that needs seasoning!
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Rob666 said:

@Quenteagle - Maybe this of interest to you?

• Like 1

1973 La Pavoni ++ Niche Zero ++ Aeropress ++ V60

Coffee by the Casuals

Got the same parcel, great service indeed!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Lelit Bianca PL162T / SGP

Has anyone tried the new mystery 11 in an aeropress?

I have just received the same parcel.i am very impressed with the customer care.
I will try tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So what's the verdict on the "new" Mystery 11?   Was thinking about chucking a kg of this in my CC order in the next few days.

I got the same 2nd bag (mystery mk 11.5?) Haven't even tried the first yet..... Is it that bad!? Feels a shame to write off a kilo

Posted (edited)
On 01/08/2019 at 19:30, filthynines said:

@Quenteagle - Maybe this of interest to you?

Thanks for tagging me @filthynines , otherwise I would have missed this.

My wife contacted them and I have to admit I was impressed. We actually ordered the Mystery 10 on the last day it was for sale, there was some mix up and they sent us the first Mystery 11 batch. I suspect that since our order showed Mystery 10 as opposed to 11 they never knew they had to send us a new batch.

They replied to her email within a few hours and sent us the 11.5 batch via express delivery, we got it the next day. It was roasted from the day of our email. I am now waiting a few days for the beans to vent and will try it on Saturday.

Very happy with their customer support

PS: they explicitly told us to bin the first batch so quality must have been quite bad.

Edited by Quenteagle
  • Like 3

Bin it?
I can't believe it's that bad. Surely at worst just add some milk and sugar to cover the blushes but not waste it...

That is a great service by CC. Well done to them. I haven't ordered any from them since 9 as I was a tad disappointed with it after 8 which was excellent. May give them another crack as they are a great price and worth a try.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2