goodcoffeemadcity

Gaggia Classic preferably with mods / extras

Hi all.

I've been thinking about modding my coffee deluxe, but I've come to the conclusion it would be a better option to move it on and look at buying a classic, either to mod myself or preferably with a few of the common mods already done to save some time. I would definitely do the OPV mod and fit a silvia steam wand, but also a PID is very tempting. I would also be looking at upgrading the shower screen and baskets.

So I'm open to a Classic with any or all of the above mods/extras, or if one comes along for a good price without any mods I might also consider it. Also looking for a Mazzer OD grinder (mini / super jolly probably) which I'll post in a separate thread. Thanks!

What's your budget?

I have a 2011 model that was kept in storage and unused.

I had it fitted with a PID, a Rancilio Steam Wand and a pressure gauge (modded down to 9 bar).

I'm not really looking to sell it, but I would like to get a similar set up of the Rancilio Silva.  

The timer on the front is magnetic so lifts right off.

coffee.thumb.jpg.70811e61862221208f8955bee7efa159.jpg

Looking to get a bargain if I can to be honest. The last fully modded classics I can see on the sold forum went from £160-200 (2 of them inc delivery) , so I guess around that but ideally more to the lower end. Those machines were coming with lots of extras like a brass dispersion plate, IMS shower screen, bottomless portafilter, IMS baskets etc, so I'd be ideally looking to get those bits too for that budget.

Can I ask what PID it is? And are there any other extras like above?

What would you be looking for price wise?

3 minutes ago, goodcoffeemadcity said:

Controls the brew temperature much more accurately than the in-built temp sensor.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Controls the brew temperature much more accurately than the in-built temp sensor.
Think his question was more like 'is it an Auber, MrShades etc'.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

6 hours ago, goodcoffeemadcity said:

Looking to get a bargain if I can to be honest. The last fully modded classics I can see on the sold forum went from £160-200 (2 of them inc delivery) , so I guess around that but ideally more to the lower end. Those machines were coming with lots of extras like a brass dispersion plate, IMS shower screen, bottomless portafilter, IMS baskets etc, so I'd be ideally looking to get those bits too for that budget.

What would you be looking for price wise?

It's Mr Shades.

I'm not really looking to let it go to be honest.  I've only just paid £150 for machine, £100 for PID, £40 for pressure mod and £20 for steam wand and I'm getting superb results.

If starting over, I'd probably go for Rancilio just because I think it looks better, but I'm delighted with the coffee I'm making.

That's fair enough, if you do want to decide you want to sell it please let me know what kind of price you'd be looking for. Cheers!

Hi . Did you get fixed up with a Classic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll have a 2002 1425Watt boiler with new RANCILLIO wand and OVP Mod done to 10 bar dynamic pressure = 9 bar static pressure.

2 baskets, portafilter, scoop, etc

All serviced new head gasket descale/backflush.

£170 postage £8.

Going on eBay soon.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)