Glenn

LSOL Administrator Position Vacancy

I'd like to personally thank Fatboyslim and Daren for managing LSOL for the past couple of years.

Fatboyslim would like to step down as co-administrator of this and the criteria for the new applicant is below

If you fit the criteria and would like to have a go at running LSOL please send a private message to @fatboyslim and @Daren with a very brief note on why you want to run it.

Glenn

Hi all, 

After 2 brewtastic years I'm throwing in the towel on running LSOL. I've certainly learnt a lot and made many great coffee friends. We have a great subscriber base of loyal LSOLers and it would be great if we could continue on with someone else running things. Daren is currently intending to continue on running the accounts side of things. 

Me and Daren decided there should be a few criteria that any potential coffee buying enthusiast should fit:
- Member of the forum for at least 6 months
- Previously subscribed to a quarter of LSOL. 
I think it's important we pick someone who is a known quantity and knows what LSOL is about. 

I would say running the subscription takes approximately 1-2 hours a month of your time and definitely comes with the perk of getting sent loads of free samples! I'm more than happy to help whoever takes over getting started on their coffee buying adventure. 

If you fit the criteria and would like to have a go at running LSOL please send a private message to fatboyslim and Daren with a very brief note on why you want to run it.

Thanks all!

- Fatboyslim

• Like 7

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

All the best in your retirement[mention=2050]fatboyslim[/mention].

Many thanks for all the fantastic coffee you've sourced.

• Like 5

Laissez les bons temps rouler

All the best in your retirement[mention=2050]fatboyslim[/mention].

Many thanks for all the fantastic coffee you've sourced.

Well said@ashcroc - couldn’t have put it better myself. Thanks for everything@fatboyslim and to@Daren for continuing to work his magic with the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Lelit Mara 62, Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

Huge thanks @fatbiyslim, you got us some absolutely amazing coffee!

• Like 4

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind

Cheeky bump for this, anyone fancy running a coffee subscription?

Last bump for this, anyone interested in running lsol? We've had one person express an interest if no one else steps forward. Cheers everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fatboyslim said:

Last bump for this, anyone interested in running lsol? We've had one person express an interest if no one else steps forward. Cheers everyone.

My vote is for "one person".... Nice bloke/bloke-ette 

• Like 2

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

I am delighted to announce we have found my replacement. Returning to the role after many years, @coffeechap has agreed to take over running LSOL along with @Daren who will still run the accounts.

All the best coffeechap!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, fatboyslim said:

I am delighted to announce we have found my replacement. Returning to the role after many years, @coffeechap has agreed to take over running LSOL along with @Daren who will still run the accounts.

All the best coffeechap!

See - I told you "one person" was a decent chap..........

On 30/07/2019 at 12:53, Drewster said:

My vote is for "one person".... Nice bloke/bloke-ette 

Thanks Chap!!! You're a diamond!

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Nice one chap.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Pleasure to be back on board

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

AKA Toffee chips

Can't keep a good man down. Well done, chap.

• Like 2

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Good to see you back in the saddle @coffeechap (that's not to say I'm glad to see the back of fbs)

Ironic that you were also one of the early driving forces to DSOL

Looking forward to some more great beans

a grinder a lever and some beans

Congrats toffeechips.

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

FBS it's sad to see you hang up your LSOL apron after having brought us so many great coffees (I think our tastes align somewhat!) But I can only imagine what a time consuming hassle and responsibility it is, so thanks again to you, and 3 cheers to Dave for stepping in, I'm sure we'll be in good hands. I enjoyed his DSOL back when I knew the power of the dark side.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

• Like 3

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Good to see this continuing, was thinking it might end as I'm sure there's a fair bit of work involved. Cheers coffeechap and thanks to fbs.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

What's the point...it'll only change soon!

Many thanks to both, fbs for doing it and toffee chips for continuing it!

LSOL has definitely introduced me to some coffees and roasters I wouldn’t have had before. Having community around the mysterious beans is just as great.

• Like 1

LSOL has been awesome - fbs & toffeechips you have done a superb job. It has delivered the best and the most interesting roasts and there’s nothing quite like that feeling of exploration and exclusivity it brings. There genuinely can’t be many beans clubs on the planet to rival it. (though maybe DSOL would argue!)  It may have been the daunting prospect of filling those shoes that held folk back from continuing it, but if anyone can, coffeechap is surely the man. Bravo Dave!

Londinium-R - Kafatek Monolith Flat (yes, that one) 

Nice one CC

From the DSOL you’ve come back to the light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Posted (edited)

Ha ha, how short the memory of the forum is, DSOL was the first club however I set this one up and handed over the reigns many moons ago, I felt that I should give it another go and hopefully get you some amazing coffees just like mr slim, however I do appreciate they are some big shoes to fill

Edited by coffeechap
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

AKA Toffee chips

Just an update to this thread, due to unforeseen personal circumstances I won’t be able to take this on, I believe mark and Daren have a back up plan and am sure they will do a fab job

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

AKA Toffee chips

Posted (edited)

Sorry to hear that Dave. Of course we have a plan B... I'd like you all to welcome the new LSOL buyer person... hairy hogg

I have every confidence he won't mess it up :D

Edited by fatboyslim
how do I tag someone?

It's times like this that you wish you did not choose such a weird username!

Big shoes to fill here, however I have cut and paste such useful terms as 'Jucy Banger' ready to use and have been googling the best suppliers of Ethiopian beans....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mr LSOL - October offering here -> Clicky <-