catpuccino

Another way to use single dose containers... ūüĆĪ

Ordered too many of these because like many here I lack self control.

Water propagation. Time to expand the herb expire. (p.s. @DavecUK there's a chocolate mint up there as per your topic!).

20190713_173458.thumb.jpg.62a1db754f6c70cafddaec92f51ae55e.jpg

• Like 4

@catpuccino Where did you get these containers? What size are they?

Londinium R - KafaTek Monolith Conical - Versalab M3

4 minutes ago, Sparkyx said:

@catpuccino Where did you get these containers? What size are they?

They're 60ml, comfortably holds around 20g...22g if you push it.

There are a lot of these available cheaply on eBay in different shapes and sizes (especially if you're happy to wait for shipping from China), all seem to have good tight fitting lids ideal for freezing. 

I got these ones with the skirting so they can stand up:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50ml-plastic-centrifuge-test-tube-vial-container-x-25-STERILE-standing-skirted/111378766350?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

8 minutes ago, catpuccino said:

There are a lot of these available cheaply on eBay in different shapes and sizes (especially if you're happy to wait for shipping from China), all seem to have good tight fitting lids ideal for freezing. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50ml-plastic-centrifuge-test-tube-vial-container-x-25-STERILE-standing-skirted/111378766350?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Thank you! :D 

Londinium R - KafaTek Monolith Conical - Versalab M3

2 hours ago, catpuccino said:

These vials look promising (& affordable!).¬†Do you feel you can get as much air out of the tube as you can with a plastic bag ‚Äúvacuum‚Ä̬†system? I‚Äôd certainly find the tubes much¬†more convenient than my current system (freezing in bags, first removing as much air as possible¬†with a straw),¬†but would I still be able to remove¬†as much air as I can with a plastic bag?¬†Is¬†one method any better than the other?

1 hour ago, Slowpress said:

These vials look promising (& affordable!).¬†Do you feel you can get as much air out of the tube as you can with a plastic bag ‚Äúvacuum‚Ä̬†system? I‚Äôd certainly find the tubes much¬†more convenient than my current system (freezing in bags, first removing as much air as possible¬†with a straw),¬†but would I still be able to remove¬†as much air as I can with a plastic bag?¬†Is¬†one method any better than the other?

You're storing single doses in bags, without a vacuum sealer? Sounds like too much work to me! 

With a 18-22g dose in these there's a small amount of room left at the top for air sure, but more importantly they seem very good at remaining air tight under cold temperatures. 

• Like 1

Very nice indeed. I tried growing herbs and I just neglected them and they died. I mean, they flourished and spread like wildfire to begin with. But then they pretty much all gave up the ghost at once. I think that basically makes me the world’s worst gardener.

• Haha 1

1973 La Pavoni ++ Niche Zero ++ Aeropress ++ V60

Coffee by the Casuals

1 hour ago, catpuccino said:

You're storing single doses in bags, without a vacuum sealer? Sounds like too much work to me! 

With a 18-22g dose in these there's a small amount of room left at the top for air sure, but more importantly they seem very good at remaining air tight under cold temperatures. 

I store batches of¬†4 doses in a small bag¬†(‚Äúvacuum-straw‚ÄĚ seal), and when needed, I very quickly remove required beans & pop¬†the bag back in freezer (having quickly¬†removed¬†air, of course). Pretty fast, really, but not as convenient as single-dose test tubes.