Hasi

VB Kaffee - Consolidated UK shipment round 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, ronsil said:

Pleased to confirm the safe arrival today of 2 x straw filled 'pizza' boxes. Hate pizza but love the contents of these.

Thank you @Hasi for facilitating & @Nicknak for posting forward.

Look forward to starting on them towards next weekend

I’ve started mine already 🥴 .. very nice @Hasi .. Might try the roast level you recommend it if you do it again . 😂

Edited by Nicknak
  • Like 1

I’ve started mine already .. very nice [mention=17678]Hasi[/mention] .. Might try it light if you do it again . 
too dark these?

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Hasi said:

too dark these? emoji51.png

Sorry . No not what I meant .🤯 . I asked for it medium . 😎 .What I meant to say was try them roasted in the way you have found best for them ..👍.. edited above post 😇

Edited by Nicknak
  • Like 2

Sorry . No not what I meant . . I asked for it medium . .What I meant to say was try them roasted in the way you have found best for them .... edited above post
Which beans are they?

Laissez les bons temps rouler

22 minutes ago, ashcroc said:
40 minutes ago, Nicknak said:
Sorry . No not what I meant .emoji2962.png . I asked for it medium . emoji41.png .What I meant to say was try them roasted in the way you have found best for them ..emoji106.png.. edited above post emoji56.png

Which beans are they?

Sigri 😋

• Like 1

Sigri
They good.
Found with the ones I had a slight underdose (55g instead of 60g/1l in syphon) really brought the flavours out.
  • Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler

1 minute ago, ashcroc said:

They good. emoji16.png
Found with the ones I had a slight underdose (55g instead of 60g/1l in syphon) really brought the flavours out.

They very good , Very voluptuous in every sense .😂

• Like 2

I'm really enjoying the Vöcklabrand, 2 flat whites down so far. I haven't had a coffee this easy to dial in in a long time. It's a lovely blend @Hasi

• Like 1

LR, Niche & a steady stream of beans

I'm really enjoying the Vöcklabrand, 2 flat whites down so far. I haven't had a coffee this easy to dial in in a long time. It's a lovely blend [mention=17678]Hasi[/mention]
Ha! Thank you for the flowers
I've created the blend for a restaurant, there we've discovered the same easy to work with attitude
  • Like 1

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Ayyyyy! They came yesterday! Thanks @Hasi for them. Any recommended ratios/times on the monkey puzzle? I’m thinking I’ll give it a go first before the Fortuna!

also, thanks @Nicknak for sending them through once they crossed the border!

42486EA7-E024-494A-8797-32E0ECE93C8F.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I got mine today, the little note made me laugh.

Couldn't resist trying the La Fortuna already, my grind was a little too fine so I will try again. Already good though, should be awesome once dialled in.

Thanks @Hasi and @Nicknak

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1280.jpeg

Edited by Nick1881
  • Like 4

Niche Zero, Lelit Bianca, Claris Ultra filter, Torr Tamper with NickNak handle, BT Wedge distribution tool, Felicita ARC scales, MildredM towels. Fully converted by Coffee Forums UK.

Ayyyyy! They came yesterday! Thanks [mention=17678]Hasi[/mention] for them. Any recommended ratios/times on the monkey puzzle? I’m thinking I’ll give it a go first before the Fortuna!
also, thanks [mention=19622]Nicknak[/mention] for sending them through once they crossed the border!
42486EA7-E024-494A-8797-32E0ECE93C8F.thumb.jpeg.28cafeb9e83ebcec0a6731bf57773180.jpeg
great stuff!
Re ratios... I'm still experimental about taking the Monkey Puzzle to espresso, pulling 16in/38out with various grind settings. But looking fwd to everybody's recipes
  • Like 1

says Hasi.

I got mine today, the little note made me laugh.
Couldn't resist trying the La Fortuna already, my grind was a little too fine so I will try again. Already good though, should be awesome once dialled in.
Thanks [mention=17678]Hasi[/mention] and [mention=19622]Nicknak[/mention]
IMG_1278.thumb.jpg.f905721ce5dbb48c17f01a4e57de6ee4.jpg
IMG_1280.thumb.jpeg.4a15230305c32c38122266e08cb42917.jpeg
Ha!
... and I had great fun writing all these notes
  • Like 1

says Hasi.

Hi @Hasi 

Arrived yesterday and thank you to Nick also for posting on

One slight issue though asked for 500g each of Sigri and monkey puzzle (order #31) and received Monkey puzzle and Panama la fortuna, no issue in itself with this however is there any from looking at the bag you can see if label matches contents just in case they incorrect label correct content? Just conscious someone else might have got an incorrect set (am happy with both having had the panama before from you).

Started in on the monkey puzzle in Moccamaster this morning @63g/1.25L filtered water and getting a more earthy chocolate herb note, reminded me more of an Indonesian than an African

Thanks again 

John

• Like 1

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 113Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

2 hours ago, johnealey said:

Hi @Hasi 

Arrived yesterday and thank you to Nick also for posting on

One slight issue though asked for 500g each of Sigri and monkey puzzle (order #31) and received Monkey puzzle and Panama la fortuna, no issue in itself with this however is there any from looking at the bag you can see if label matches contents just in case they incorrect label correct content? Just conscious someone else might have got an incorrect set (am happy with both having had the panama before from you).

Started in on the monkey puzzle in Moccamaster this morning @63g/1.25L filtered water and getting a more earthy chocolate herb note, reminded me more of an Indonesian than an African

Thanks again 

John

For heaven's sake 🤦‍♂️

Copied yours erroneously into my roasting list. My fault... I'm really sorry!!
Stupid enough, label is correct as our whole process wouldn't allow for a mix-up (that I could think of). You can check underneath label right below zipper, batch number is also stamped onto bag itself.

Hope you'll still enjoy them beans from other side of the world 😖

• Like 1

says Hasi.

Well, the Vocklabrand is a winner!

Cracked it open today, guessed the Niche setting, got lucky. 18:43 in 35 seconds at 6 bar. 

Very nice! 👍

Now.......how to tweak it????

Thanks again.

• Like 1

GS3, Ceado E92, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1 hour ago, lake_m said:

Well, the Vocklabrand is a winner!

Cracked it open today, guessed the Niche setting, got lucky. 18:43 in 35 seconds at 6 bar. 

Very nice! 👍

Now.......how to tweak it????

Thanks again.

My best results so far have been 18.5:37 in about 30-33seconds. That's with 3-4 seconds pre-infusion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thank you guys!
straight 1:2 ratio works very well with Vöcklabrand, we're currently down to 16g in on ZM/Minima (35s) and 16.5g in on MXP/Rocket Evo2 (30s bloom w/ valve open, then 30s shot). Both at 6bar

• Like 1

says Hasi.

Any good starting point on the Sigri @Hasi?

Any good starting point on the Sigri [mention=17678]Hasi[/mention]?
I'd pull it a tad longer (like 1:2.5) and really slow.
mostly taking the Sigri to my old LaPav so dosage is different (13g in, aiming for 30g out which is difficult enough on a Europiccola) - long low pressure pre-infusion and a very gentle pull (up to 50s).
@coffeechap did quite some magic with Sigri in the past, perhaps he can recall his recipe?

says Hasi.

Got back from holiday today to find mine waiting for me, it’ll probably be next week before I try them, but I’m very much looking forward to it. Thanks Matt

• Like 1

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)