filthynines

Gene Cafe 101

Considering buying new but checking here first. Anybody selling theirs? Birmingham area preferred. 

1973 La Pavoni ++ Niche Zero ++ Aeropress ++ V60

Coffee by the Casuals

The gentleman who bought mine a few months ago implied he didn’t have much time and was thinking about selling it on. I can’t find my post, his post or remember his name. The fact that the search function and inbox history is playing up doesn’t help. If I remember or find I’ll ping him here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Found it:@GerryM if I remember correctly was thinking of selling it on a few months back.

This was the original FS thread from me:

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/topic/43191-modded-gene-cafe-cbr-101a-240v-bb-warranty-until-22nd-august-2019-%C2%A3300-collected/

• Thanks 1

Mines coming up for sale soon, but It would be pick up from Essex.

• Thanks 1

Londinium I / Monolith Conical / Macap MC4 / Cormorant CR600 Roaster

13 hours ago, filthynines said:

Considering buying new but checking here first. Anybody selling theirs? Birmingham area preferred. 

When you get it, let me come have a play please :)

Posted (edited)

I think the one @gerryM had ended up in a part ex with something else and as a result found its way to my garage, ive been using it on and off trying to persevere with it but not getting great results yet despite using greens fom Rave and reading the notes and the threads - so far ive realised that its quite a sensitive beasty with weights and you cant trust the temp read out. I think ive been spoilt with a LSOL subscription in the past.

Edited by jimbojohn55
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

keep calm and grind flat

1 hour ago, jimbojohn55 said:

I think the one @gerryM had ended up in a part ex with something else and as a result found its way to my garage, ive been using it on and off trying to persevere with it but not getting great results yet despite using greens fom Rave and reading the notes and the threads - so far ive realised that its quite a sensitive beasty with weights and you cant trust the temp read out. I think ive been spoilt with a LSOL subscription in the past.

us lucky roasters... thanks Gene for putting the guy off!

11 hours ago, jimbojohn55 said:

And I suspect you’re not quite ready to give it up and move it on just yet?

Coffee by the Casuals

Will pm later @filthynines

• Like 1

keep calm and grind flat

Please don't forget to keep everything visable on the Sale forum until a price is agreed.
No PMs until this stage is reached.

Ron 

@filthynines If your interested

Purchased from Bella Barista April 2011

Large chaff collector

Original box and BB instruction guide

Roasted about 25 kg

£230 cash on collection, located close to Jun 30/31 of M25

I know it might be to far to travel, but I would like it collected so I can run through some roasts with buyer.

P1050124.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the heads-up @iroko - it would be too far for me so I’ll pass. Good price though - you should have no problem shifting it at that price. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Coffee by the Casuals

@iroko, for clarity to prospective buyers, does it have the 230V or 240V heating element?

19 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

@iroko, for clarity to prospective buyers, does it have the 230V or 240V heating element?

UK 240v

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)