M_H_S

Mahlkonig k30 shell

Strange request I know. But wondering on the off chance if anyone has a k30 shell or faulty k30 lying around. Please let me know. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

You still looking? @M_H_S

AKA Toffee chips

You still looking? [mention=19184]M_H_S[/mention]
Yes. Have you come across one?

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

@coffeechap

@coffeechap
Thanks. We are in touch via pm

Thanks. We are in touch via pm

Out of interest. What grinders innards are you looking to put inside the case?

Laissez les bons temps rouler

It's actually the same motor used in the k30, the Ditting ek11 but it's from Cafina commercial super auto machine.

I can already see it won't be as easy as I thought. The burr adjustment ring looks different as it's operated via a motorised worm gear!

The burrs look a bit different too. Will know better once I get inside.

• Like 1

It's actually the same motor used in the k30, the Ditting ek11 but it's from Cafina commercial super auto machine.

I can already see it won't be as easy as I thought. The burr adjustment ring looks different as it's operated via a motorised worm gear!

The burrs look a bit different too. Will know better once I get inside.

Looking forward to the thread with pics.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

The motor and burr cahamber will not work as a whole unit inside a k30 the motor is the same so could be used if you had the rest of the grinder, I have that same motor assembly as you have with the motorised grind adjustment, was looking to use it in a different project though 

AKA Toffee chips

Looking forward to the thread with pics.
Well this is the starting point... Stay tuned0dfa423ff3345de7241f327004ee8b5e.jpg

The motor and burr cahamber will not work as a whole unit inside a k30 the motor is the same so could be used if you had the rest of the grinder, I have that same motor assembly as you have with the motorised grind adjustment, was looking to use it in a different project though 
I may be able to get hold of the separate burr chamber suitable for the k30 so please still let me know about the k30 shell when you return from holiday.

Let me guess what the project is... As I have a feeling you may be thinking what I was. If so it would be good to share notes. To mount it diagonally on a stand and use it as a single dosing flat burr monolith. Are we thinking the same thing? Or is anyone else?

Could I buy this redneck flat?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, M_H_S said:

I may be able to get hold of the separate burr chamber suitable for the k30 so please still let me know about the k30 shell when you return from holiday.

Let me guess what the project is... As I have a feeling you may be thinking what I was. If so it would be good to share notes. To mount it diagonally on a stand and use it as a single dosing flat burr monolith. Are we thinking the same thing? Or is anyone else?

Short answer is yes

AKA Toffee chips

Could I buy this redneck flat?
You mean once its successfully done?

6 hours ago, M_H_S said:

You mean once its successfully done?

YESSS 😍

If its successful, I think I'd progress to making my own casing for it and likely keep for life lol!

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)