Coldstone

Uncertain

Want a new Grinder, not sure which one

1)Profitec Pro T64

2)Fiorenzato F64 Evo

3)Ceado E7x manual

4) ECM 64 automatic

I solely drink espresso 6 to 8 cups a day, some impartial advice please pros and cons would very much be appreciated

my Machine is Quickmill Alexia Evo, just arrived but not Grinder so cannot comment if its good or not

Many thanks in Advance

Want a new Grinder, not sure which one
1)Profitec Pro T64
2)Fiorenzato F64 Evo
3)Ceado E7x manual
4) ECM 64 automatic
I solely drink espresso 6 to 8 cups a day, some impartial advice please pros and cons would very much be appreciated
my Machine is Quickmill Alexia Evo, just arrived but not Grinder so cannot comment if its good or not
Many thanks in Advance

Hi, welcome.

I used to own the T64. Great grinder. I didn’t hear good things about the ecm 64 auto. Apparently the motor is not that great, but they might have changed it, not sure. The titanium one however is better. I do hear good things about the 64 evo, but can’t come t as I never owned one.

Question: what’s your budget? If you are thinking of getting from new, you are talking £600 plus. There are better grinders than those for that price bracket, specially if you go second hand (unsure if you are considering).

Also, bear in mind retention. The T64 retains 7g in the chute of the previous dose grinds. Most commercial grinders adapted for domestic use will do something similar. Have you considered Eureka models? They are bullet proof, much easier to adjust day to day, to clean too, unlike the ones you mentioned. They are also well rated here.

If you are a home user and are dead set on hoper fed, commercial like grinders, I personally would go with Eureka or the Ceado e37s instead of any of the ones above. The reason I owned the T64 is because it was the only one slim enough which would fit in the space I had.

If you think single dosing is the way to go, I’d seriously consider the Niche Zero (I have one).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the valuable info, i'm retired to Cyprus and certain items are difficult to obtain, my budget is around the 6/7 hundred mark  so Ceado 37s is out of reach although i would dearly love on , Space is not a problem , Niche Zero cannot find anyone that ships to Cyprus , 

So many things to consider , apparently Fiorenzato are having manufacturing problems and will not deliver till September, meaning i will have the Alexia without a grinder for 2 months.

Anyway thanks for your time and trouble, solid advise, thanks again 

I have listened to your advice and seeing as you own the Profitec T64  and is in your words ''AGreat Grinder'' i have ordered one today should arrive next week 

Many thanks again 

• Like 1

I have listened to your advice and seeing as you own the Profitec T64  and is in your words ''AGreat Grinder'' i have ordered one today should arrive next week 

The main reason i went with the T64 was the price 791 euros, 37s 1690 both at caffe Italia.ie 

dont think the Ceado would have given me 900 euros better coffee in the cup, T64 will arrive Wednesday 24th, i will let you know in a few weeks how i get on with it 

Many thanks again 

I have listened to your advice and seeing as you own the Profitec T64  and is in your words ''AGreat Grinder'' i have ordered one today should arrive next week  The main reason i went with the T64 was the price 791 euros, 37s 1690 both at caffe Italia.ie 

dont think the Ceado would have given me 900 euros better coffee in the cup, T64 will arrive Wednesday 24th, i will let you know in a few weeks how i get on with it 

Many thanks again 

Good to know. Let me know how you get on. Any reason why you didn’t consider any Eureka grinders?

This was my mini review back then:

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/topic/27491-profitec-t64-grinder-mini-review/

My main obstacle was finding a retailer that shipped to Cyprus within the EU, i had looked at the Eureka Zenith 65 E and the Atom i liked them both but unfortunately caffe italia does not deal with Eureka, as for the Niche Zero after looking at videos and the complexity of cleaning and calibrating i just gave up. what really swayed me with the T64 was the worm gear and the ''O'' rings it has all over especially at the buurs keeping it nice and tidy much easier the clean 

Edited by Coldstone

My main obstacle was finding a retailer that shipped to Cyprus within the EU, i had looked at the Eureka Zenith 65 E and the Atom i liked them both but unfortunately caffe italia does not deal with Eureka, as for the Niche Zero after looking at videos and the complexity of cleaning and calibrating i just gave up. what really swayed me with the T64 was the worm gear and the ''O'' rings it has all over especially at the buurs keeping it nice and tidy much easier the clean 

I think you have significantly misinterpreted the calibration on the Niche Zero. It’s not required. All it is is so that the marker dot aligns where the burrs touch. It’s optional, if you want to share settings, does not affect anything.

Also, I don’t know what makes you say about the complexity of cleaning. It’s the easiest grinder ever for cleaning that’s for sure! Far simpler than the T64, as you need to be extremely careful not to cross thread the adjusting collar (normal with that type of design). Moreover, the T64 requires Allen keys for disassembling, of different sizes, and can be fiddly. The Niche requires none.

Did you check bellabarista.co.uk? Coffee Itália has a very poor reputation (a lot discussed in this forum) with pre and post customers services. A quick search online will reveal that very quickly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coldstone said:

The Niche zero is like a four piece jigsaw, anyone can do it.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)