Jump to content
Katie

light roast blends

Recommended Posts

There has been a bit of a drought recently with my favourite,  light roast blend morning cup of Coffee . Rave does not have a new Crows nest blend online yet. I purchased a Kl of Blue mountain blend from Grind house coffee and whilst it is a reasonable substitute and with no Crows nest on Rave site yet I am needing to order again now and was wondering if any of you guys have a recommendation for a bright, light roast blend or single origin that would match up.  I love the brightness and acidity of the Crows nest and I use a cafetere for filter brewing during the day at work.  Any suggestions for an alternative would be fab. Previous blends of crows nest have included a 50/50 mix, lightly roasted of Kenya Kimandi AB and Honduras Clave del sol honey ----- Kenya Tinganga Estate and Guatemala Bosques de San------ -  El Salvador los Pirineos and Burundi Masha. These were all light roast and a 50/50 blend of each.  If anyone can advise off the back of that a substitute that would be fab :)

Thank you and kind regards 

Katie 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Katie said:

There has been a bit of a drought recently with my favourite,  light roast blend morning cup of Coffee . Rave does not have a new Crows nest blend online yet. I purchased a Kl of Blue mountain blend from Grind house coffee and whilst it is a reasonable substitute and with no Crows nest on Rave site yet I am needing to order again now and was wondering if any of you guys have a recommendation for a bright, light roast blend or single origin that would match up.  I love the brightness and acidity of the Crows nest and I use a cafetere for filter brewing during the day at work.  Any suggestions for an alternative would be fab. Previous blends of crows nest have included a 50/50 mix, lightly roasted of Kenya Kimandi AB and Honduras Clave del sol honey ----- Kenya Tinganga Estate and Guatemala Bosques de San------ -  El Salvador los Pirineos and Burundi Masha. These were all light roast and a 50/50 blend of each.  If anyone can advise off the back of that a substitute that would be fab :)

Thank you and kind regards 

Katie 

I wasn’t convinced that I needed to try it, but Rocko mountain from CoffeeCompass has been very good as an espresso. Not yet tried it on pourover. 

The foundry also do Rocko mountain, but I’ve not tried it so can’t comment. Others in the forum swear by it though. I think it’s sold out about 3 years in a row now before they could replenish green bean stocks, so might be worth giving it a fair go...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you :) 

i managed to find a very nice Brazil Santos lightly roasted with Adams & Russell with a similar profile. I will certainly check out the one you recommended too  :) 

Much appreciated

Katie 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crankhouse and Square Mile do quite few blends and roast light-ish (Square Mile is more of a medium). Have a look at North Star as well. Crankhouse is brilliant and they do happen to have a discount code as well at the moment.

I just put an order of 4 bags at Campbell and Syme, a roaster I haven’t tried - fingers crossed...

I wasn’t convinced that I needed to try it, but Rocko mountain from CoffeeCompass has been very good as an espresso. Not yet tried it on pourover. 
The foundry also do Rocko mountain, but I’ve not tried it so can’t comment. Others in the forum swear by it though. I think it’s sold out about 3 years in a row now before they could replenish green bean stocks, so might be worth giving it a fair go...

It’s not the same as it used to be, no more strawberry bomb and it doesn’t seem to be in favour these days. Still a nice bean though.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/07/2019 at 19:42, Katie said:

There has been a bit of a drought recently with my favourite,  light roast blend morning cup of Coffee . Rave does not have a new Crows nest blend online yet. ...........

Thank you and kind regards 

Katie 

Sorry Katie!  I'd recommend either our Kagumoini or Bollodu, both likely to end up in the next crows nest!  Unfortunately we've had to delay crows nest's release due to other priorities


beans beans the musical fruit....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Clifton Coffee EQ blend might be an option. They change if seasonally and during the summer months this tends to be a brighter coffee. We used to buy a lot of it as thought was very good for the price


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/08/2019 at 14:34, ShortShots said:

Sorry Katie!  I'd recommend either our Kagumoini or Bollodu, both likely to end up in the next crows nest!  Unfortunately we've had to delay crows nest's release due to other priorities

Thank you. :)  that’s much appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/08/2019 at 14:40, rob177palmer said:

The Clifton Coffee EQ blend might be an option. They change if seasonally and during the summer months this tends to be a brighter coffee. We used to buy a lot of it as thought was very good for the price


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will take a look at that too. Thank you :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • About:

    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

    New Members:

    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

    Terms of Use

    Advertising

    Coffee Forums Media Kit

    Buy Advertising Space

    Donate

    Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)

×
×
  • Create New...