Katie

light roast blends

There has been a bit of a drought recently with my favourite,  light roast blend morning cup of Coffee . Rave does not have a new Crows nest blend online yet. I purchased a Kl of Blue mountain blend from Grind house coffee and whilst it is a reasonable substitute and with no Crows nest on Rave site yet I am needing to order again now and was wondering if any of you guys have a recommendation for a bright, light roast blend or single origin that would match up.  I love the brightness and acidity of the Crows nest and I use a cafetere for filter brewing during the day at work.  Any suggestions for an alternative would be fab. Previous blends of crows nest have included a 50/50 mix, lightly roasted of Kenya Kimandi AB and Honduras Clave del sol honey ----- Kenya Tinganga Estate and Guatemala Bosques de San------ -  El Salvador los Pirineos and Burundi Masha. These were all light roast and a 50/50 blend of each.  If anyone can advise off the back of that a substitute that would be fab :)

Thank you and kind regards 

Katie 

2 hours ago, Katie said:

There has been a bit of a drought recently with my favourite,  light roast blend morning cup of Coffee . Rave does not have a new Crows nest blend online yet. I purchased a Kl of Blue mountain blend from Grind house coffee and whilst it is a reasonable substitute and with no Crows nest on Rave site yet I am needing to order again now and was wondering if any of you guys have a recommendation for a bright, light roast blend or single origin that would match up.  I love the brightness and acidity of the Crows nest and I use a cafetere for filter brewing during the day at work.  Any suggestions for an alternative would be fab. Previous blends of crows nest have included a 50/50 mix, lightly roasted of Kenya Kimandi AB and Honduras Clave del sol honey ----- Kenya Tinganga Estate and Guatemala Bosques de San------ -  El Salvador los Pirineos and Burundi Masha. These were all light roast and a 50/50 blend of each.  If anyone can advise off the back of that a substitute that would be fab :)

Katie 

I wasn’t convinced that I needed to try it, but Rocko mountain from CoffeeCompass has been very good as an espresso. Not yet tried it on pourover. 

The foundry also do Rocko mountain, but I’ve not tried it so can’t comment. Others in the forum swear by it though. I think it’s sold out about 3 years in a row now before they could replenish green bean stocks, so might be worth giving it a fair go...

Thank you :) 

i managed to find a very nice Brazil Santos lightly roasted with Adams & Russell with a similar profile. I will certainly check out the one you recommended too  :) 

Much appreciated

Katie 

Crankhouse and Square Mile do quite few blends and roast light-ish (Square Mile is more of a medium). Have a look at North Star as well. Crankhouse is brilliant and they do happen to have a discount code as well at the moment.

I just put an order of 4 bags at Campbell and Syme, a roaster I haven’t tried - fingers crossed...

I wasn’t convinced that I needed to try it, but Rocko mountain from CoffeeCompass has been very good as an espresso. Not yet tried it on pourover. 
The foundry also do Rocko mountain, but I’ve not tried it so can’t comment. Others in the forum swear by it though. I think it’s sold out about 3 years in a row now before they could replenish green bean stocks, so might be worth giving it a fair go...

It’s not the same as it used to be, no more strawberry bomb and it doesn’t seem to be in favour these days. Still a nice bean though.
  • Like 2

On 16/07/2019 at 19:42, Katie said:

There has been a bit of a drought recently with my favourite,  light roast blend morning cup of Coffee . Rave does not have a new Crows nest blend online yet. ...........

Katie 

Sorry Katie!  I'd recommend either our Kagumoini or Bollodu, both likely to end up in the next crows nest!  Unfortunately we've had to delay crows nest's release due to other priorities

beans beans the musical fruit....

The Clifton Coffee EQ blend might be an option. They change if seasonally and during the summer months this tends to be a brighter coffee. We used to buy a lot of it as thought was very good for the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 08/08/2019 at 14:34, ShortShots said:

Sorry Katie!  I'd recommend either our Kagumoini or Bollodu, both likely to end up in the next crows nest!  Unfortunately we've had to delay crows nest's release due to other priorities

Thank you. :)  that’s much appreciated. 

On 09/08/2019 at 14:40, rob177palmer said:

The Clifton Coffee EQ blend might be an option. They change if seasonally and during the summer months this tends to be a brighter coffee. We used to buy a lot of it as thought was very good for the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will take a look at that too. Thank you :)