Iwan

Hello! Looking for a grinder.

Hello!

I've borrowed my dad's gaggia classic (indefinitely..) and looking for a grinder to go with it!

I've worked in a few cafes over the years, and I really miss making coffees, making them at home seemed a good solution. 

My budget's around the £200 mark, and I'm looking for something quite small- don't mind going second hand. If you've any recommendations, or anything for sale, please let me know!

Thanks,

Iwan 

Mk2 mignon is a good pairing for the Classic & usually goes for around your budget (or a bit less) 2nd hand

Laissez les bons temps rouler

I've been looking at the mignons, and the manuale seems good although I'm not sure whether the lack of timer would be an issue or not. Does any one have any experience with it?

I've been looking at the mignons, and the manuale seems good although I'm not sure whether the lack of timer would be an issue or not. Does any one have any experience with it?

I use a mk2 in manual mode & don't find it a problem. I find it easier than adjusting the timer when I change beans. It may be a different matter if I had a specialita with it's LCD display but that's more than £100 over your budget.

Thanks for your help! I'm going to keep an eye out for an used mignon mkii I think, and if I lose patience waiting I'll go for a new manuale!

Also, does anyone know why I can't comment in the for sale section--do I need to reach a certain number of posts? 

Thanks for your help! I'm going to keep an eye out for an used mignon mkii I think, and if I lose patience waiting I'll go for a new manuale!
Also, does anyone know why I can't comment in the for sale section--do I need to reach a certain number of posts? 
Think it's a 5 post minimum to access the for sale section.

On 15/07/2019 at 18:12, mdeyn93 said:

Yet to use but this seems like a great option in that price range. (Admittedly just over). Has some good reviews. https://coffeehit.co.uk/collections/coffee-brewing-coffee-grinders/products/baratza-sette-30-ap

I have a friend who has the Sette *30* ... it didn’t do so well for the fine-tuning of an espresso shot... however, there is a mod that can be done to help tide you over until an upgrade.

If you don't mind hand grinding, get one of the top Three rated one's plus you can switch between grinds for V60 Filter if you want to dabble in that.

• Like 1

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

I have a MK2 Eureka MIGNON in the beautiful polished chrome finish.
Just fitted yesterday new Burrs invoice to prove
On eBay at present on auction so you can see the photos.
I’m new here but can’t seem to access or post for sale on the forum why??
Also have a Gaggia Classic 1425watt 2002 with OPV Mod 9 Bar and RANCILLIO wand which is new.
Been throughly cleaned de scaled with Gaggia descaler and backflushed with PULY.
New head gasket running like a dream!
I’d post on here but can’t seem to access.?b9bafa2d13f79bbd6c7eb78b1d4665ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You require 5 posts to be able to access the for sale section. Looks as though you have that now.

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________