Cooffe

Sage Barista Express. 22 Months Old

Hi all, for sale is my Sage Barista Express. Purchased new on Oct. 2017 (receipt shows this). Not had any issues with it, regularly used filtered water (Brita), and later in it's life, filled with Ashbeck - started with this about 10 months ago. Regularly backflushed/maintained after use. One small defect as far as I can tell on the front of the drip tray - looks like a dent but have ran my finger over it and can't feel it, one of the images below shows it quite well. Everything is still present, apart from the two cleaning tablets.

Burrs are in good condition - didn't use the grinder regularly as I bought a Feld2 and used that, followed by a Eureka Atom, so hasn't been used in a good few months - maybe 10 - 12 or so. Have made 1/2 coffees per day with it, but did take a bit of a break mid way through when I was having some personal issues and wasn't around as much as I'd liked to have been!

Would ask for £350 (+P&P) for it, but am open to sensible offers. Would rather a pick-up as I have/keep no boxes - space in my flat is limited!

Included is:

• Portafilter x2 (1x Naked - machined out by our very own Joey to a very high standard, 1x standard) - I also have both shot splitters for these.
  • All filter baskets x4 (2 dual walled ones, and 2 single walled ones, one single and one double of each)
  • Sage Temperature Controlled Milk Pitcher - I think 350ml
  • Motta 53mm Levelling tool
  • 3D printed funnel that should fit under most grinders. I never had an issue using it with my Atom. It's not the best print, so will throw it away if not taken with the sale, but it did me well, and is made of food safe PLA as far as I was told.

May consider splitting some parts later down the line if there's no interest, but not in a huge rush, so not currently.

Images below:

66450671_940428899637306_1094142184216592384_n.thumb.jpg.67145503a3286f7405f5d42e6a66d7f7.jpg

66683907_1046845462187073_7354511030539517952_n.thumb.jpg.cd394f3ba06e34be76a5e0ee19938e0b.jpg

66690468_572475359948580_4491006087473922048_n.thumb.jpg.ffec0a10cf36113d9f8bcefe2ee493a6.jpg67177562_972688906395460_6110638022867288064_n.thumb.jpg.15b316ab0af5ef1527b3ad4cfd92ca44.jpg

66721201_373898269935999_4418396740462313472_n.thumb.jpg.88441a4ffcab949aa759de440f62b5fd.jpg

66640890_1318280235000718_8377226499874357248_n.thumb.jpg.a0f6ee5744a15159c94e23650c0f6bcb.jpg

67205592_356900538322769_2922326087847378944_n.thumb.jpg.2c521cfcb9c55654544703efd726b5e8.jpg

67097731_353980395292969_2510707464559656960_n.thumb.jpg.b33c81c0b633eb87455ebdcbf3917cfa.jpg

Forgot to mention: Based in West Midlands by Birmingham

These are just over £400 from John Lewis with 2 years warranty - I think you may have to lower your expectations.

1 hour ago, Rscut said:

These are just over £400 from John Lewis with 2 years warranty - I think you may have to lower your expectations.

As stated in the original post. I'm open to sensible offers. I'm including an extra Portafilter (that has been made bottomless). The portafilters sell for £55 on their own, without the bottomless mod. I'm also including a Motta distributor worth £30 when I bought it new. It also has the temperature control jug. Take from it what you will.

You mentioned you may split down the line, any decision yet ? (naked Portafilter on my radar - advert in wanted section).

Regards.

5 hours ago, hubcap said:

You mentioned you may split down the line, any decision yet ? (naked Portafilter on my radar - advert in wanted section).

Regards.

Happy to split now and sell for £65+P&P if you're good with that? P&P should be about £3 I think. I'm also driving to York tomorrow and back down on Sunday if you are anywhere not too far from the route between Birmingham/York?

Happy with that, if you want to go to pm etc'.

• Like 1

Price Update/Drop:

No longer comes with Bottomless PF.

Still has the Motta Levelling tool and all other accessories.

Asking price is now £280 + P&P (or collection from west midlands).

If it's not sold soon-ish, I am going to advertise it elsewhere.

Cheers!

Price drop - now £260 + P&P (Will only be posted at buyer's risk, however).

Reminder that it only comes with the Motta Distribution tool now, as the Naked PF has been sold.

Hiya, think I’m interested in this but as new to this coffee malarkey... what does the naked PF thing mean? Does that mean I’ll need to buy something else to make it work or was the other thing just an upgrade?

Am I right in thinking the machine isn’t under warranty anymore? And could you find out the cost for a courier to TR1 2DA please? 

2 hours ago, ingaincornwall said:

Hiya, think I’m interested in this but as new to this coffee malarkey... what does the naked PF thing mean? Does that mean I’ll need to buy something else to make it work or was the other thing just an upgrade?

Am I right in thinking the machine isn’t under warranty anymore? And could you find out the cost for a courier to TR1 2DA please? 

Hi, it doesn’t have the naked portafilter any more, just the original with a spout and a shot splitter. All the naked refers to is the fact the bottom has been drilled out, which is useful to see your extraction. You can type in on google and look at images for a side by side comparison “Naked portafilter vs normal portafilter”.

The machine was bought in October 2017 and John Lewis offers 2 year warranty, however I am not sure whether it is transferrable. I still have the original receipt, though.

The shipping to the postcode with insurance is about £25 with parcelforce, however I wouldn’t accept liability if it were damaged in transit (just to make it clear).

The sender is always liable. The carriage company will only accept a claim from the sender.

The sender is always liable. The carriage company will only accept a claim from the sender.
Not quite true. If the recipient arranges the courier, they have the contract with them & therefore the liability.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, ashcroc said:
35 minutes ago, DDoe said:

Not quite true. If the recipient arranges the courier, they have the contract with them & therefore the liability.

Yep that is true.

In this case the seller is talking about Parcelforce which, I believe, do not offer the service for a buyer to arrange collection.

The seller in this case could have gone ahead thinking liability would not be theirs.

Sorry, should have made the distinction.

Edited by DDoe

Posted (edited)

Sorry to be blonde but are we saying that Parcelforce or the seller would or wouldn't accept liability for any damages?

I'd love to hear some thoughts of more seasoned members on here - is this something you would recommend buying for a newbie? I've previously been advised on here that it'd be better to get a good second hand grinder and something like a Gaggia Classic but that was in comparison to the full price Barista Express... Any thoughts would be hugely appreciated. 

Many thanks, 

Inga

Edited by ingaincornwall

Posted (edited)

If sent by parcelforce the person sending the item (in this case the seller) assumes liability for it's arrival, in the same condition as when sent. In the case of loss or damage only the sender can make a claim from parcelforce as they have paid for the service and therefor have the contract with them.

Edited by DDoe

Sorry to be blonde but are we saying that Parcelforce or the seller would or wouldn't accept liability for any damages?
I'd love to hear some thoughts of more seasoned members on here - is this something you would recommend buying for a newbie? I've previously been advised on here that it'd be better to get a good second hand grinder and something like a Gaggia Classic but that was in comparison to the full price Barista Express... Any thoughts would be hugely appreciated. 
Many thanks, 
Inga

I think it depends a lot on what you want to get out of a first setup tbh. The grinder in here is (im pretty sure) the same set as their dose control and smart grinders which are pretty meh for espresso but do totally get the job done fine, and im guessing the machine is a pretty similar deal. You'd probs have a super convenient extremely passable first setup at whats now a pretty decent price. You could arguably get a much better quality espresso for your money if you got a gaggia classic and a good ex commercial grinder at a similar price point but you'd prob need to do a lot more tinkering and learning to get yourself there (Basically what i did with my first set of kit)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

BLUE Mazzer Major, Expobar Office Leva Dual, Sage Smart Grinder pro, Delonghi EC221.B(modded to hell)

On 16/08/2019 at 18:47, Cooffe said:

This is now advertised elsewhere as well.

£250 delivered to Truro?

On 17/08/2019 at 16:21, Cooffe said:

Hi, it doesn’t have the naked portafilter any more, just the original with a spout and a shot splitter. All the naked refers to is the fact the bottom has been drilled out, which is useful to see your extraction. You can type in on google and look at images for a side by side comparison “Naked portafilter vs normal portafilter”.

The machine was bought in October 2017 and John Lewis offers 2 year warranty, however I am not sure whether it is transferrable. I still have the original receipt, though.

The shipping to the postcode with insurance is about £25 with parcelforce, however I wouldn’t accept liability if it were damaged in transit (just to make it clear).

Just quoting your message in case you haven't seen the last replies... are you still selling your Barista Express?

13 minutes ago, ingaincornwall said:

Just quoting your message in case you haven't seen the last replies... are you still selling your Barista Express?

Hi Inga, apologies - was out all day yesterday and shattered when I got back. Didn't see this notification when I checked earlier. If you'll do £260 posted then I'll be happy with that. Might need to give me a day or two to find a box and some tape/bubble wrap though if that's OK? If you're happy with that we can move to PM.

7 minutes ago, Cooffe said:

Hi Inga, apologies - was out all day yesterday and shattered when I got back. Didn't see this notification when I checked earlier. If you'll do £260 posted then I'll be happy with that. Might need to give me a day or two to find a box and some tape/bubble wrap though if that's OK? If you're happy with that we can move to PM.

Let's do it. Thank you!

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for their feedback on what to buy and apologies for completely ignoring it... whoops! 😂 Figured at this price point I couldn't really say no and I'm sure it'll do us for a while and I guess we can always upgrade further down the line... however, with a toddler I'm not sure how much time I'll actually have to worry about upgrading anytime soon... we shall see. Thanks very much for everyone's help anyway, really appreciate it. I'm sure I'll be back soon to figure out how to use the beast :) 

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)