Gregory

Hi from Warsaw, looking for a grinder

Hi from Warsaw, Poland to all users! I was lurking lot of coffee forums, but here the atmosphere is really friendly and users are experts! ::)

I'm an experienced coffee lover, but newbie espresso fan. After googling I discovered home barista forums, blogs and found out that 100€ Delonghi machine will not provide me a proper espresso… "So I have just bought my new Gaggia Classic" 

Since few weeks I enjoy single espresso from ESE pods and think about most important device which is grinder. Second hand market of coffee grinders in Poland (where I live) is rather small and I don't want to buy used stuff without opportunity to see it before. So I want to buy a new one, a grinder that will help to learn make a proper espresso with a non-pressurized basket. 

My budget today is about 200-250 £. Next year, my budget for grinder would be about 600 £

So I have a choice, buy today some cheap (Graef) grinder, learn how to make espresso, and in few months upgrade. Or buy today Eureka and upgrade in let say 2 years.

Do you think, Graef or Lelit will let me learn on non-pressurized basket, or in my case Macam M2M or Eureka Mignon is a must?

In my local shop I have choice of:

Graef CM 800 - 120 £
Lelit Fred PL043MMI - 170 £
Ascaso i-1 mini - 235 £
Rancilio Rocky SD  - 240 £
Macap M2M - 255 £
Eureka Mignon (old ver) - 270 £

Hi from Warsaw, Poland to all users! I was lurking lot of coffee forums, but here the atmosphere is really friendly and users are experts! ::)
I'm an experienced coffee lover, but newbie espresso fan. After googling I discovered home barista forums, blogs and found out that 100€ Delonghi machine will not provide me a proper espresso… "So I have just bought my new Gaggia Classic" 
Since few weeks I enjoy single espresso from ESE pods and think about most important device which is grinder. Second hand market of coffee grinders in Poland (where I live) is rather small and I don't want to buy used stuff without opportunity to see it before. So I want to buy a new one, a grinder that will help to learn make a proper espresso with a non-pressurized basket. 
My budget today is about 200-250 £. Next year, my budget for grinder would be about 600 £
So I have a choice, buy today some cheap (Graef) grinder, learn how to make espresso, and in few months upgrade. Or buy today Eureka and upgrade in let say 2 years.
Do you think, Graef or Lelit will let me learn on non-pressurized basket, or in my case Macam M2M or Eureka Mignon is a must?
In my local shop I have choice of:
Graef CM 800 - 120 £
Lelit Fred PL043MMI - 170 £
Ascaso i-1 mini - 235 £
Rancilio Rocky SD  - 240 £
Macap M2M - 255 £
Eureka Mignon (old ver) - 270 £
The mignon is a good match for a Classic. I use a mk2 with my Tebe (same internals as a Classic) myself.
Bella Barrista do the Manuale for £239 which should save you a bit. I run my mk2 in manual mode anyway (too much messing around with the timer when changing beans) so I wiuldn't miss not having it.
If you can stretch to a bit more, the Specialita with it's 10% larger 55mm burrs will be even better.
  • Thanks 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Thank you very much for your opinion! I decided to buy mk2 for £250 and it seems it was best choice for that money..

Yesterday after using 250 g of beans I have adjusted a good level of grinding and finally made my first doppio espresso on my GC.

Wysłane z mojego ANE-LX1 przy użyciu Tapatalka

• Like 1

Sorry that we didn't reply to your question in time. I hope you enjoyed your first homemade (I presume) fresh ground espresso! 

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

Czesc @Gregory 

Heading over to Warsaw soon, where's the best place for kava? 

Mignons are a great start into the world of grinders btw, you won't go far wrong with one of those.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Hi Rhys! Plenty of them, in city centre best are  Relax Cafe Bar (Zlota 8a), Ministerstwo Kawy (Marszalkowska 27/35 ), CoffeDesk (WIlcza 42), and  Kawiarnia Filtry (Niemcewicza 3) - my favorite one in my neighbourhood :)

Czarna Fala (Raclawicka 99) - not in the centre, however they roast and sell very nice beans - one of my favourite local roasters. 

Smacznego! :)

• Like 1

Hi there,
The Graef Cm80
is one great little grinder.
Having tried many others I find I keep coming back to this.
It’s simple, quiet and most importantly it grinds down to almost a talc like consistency without clumps or mess.
It’s a conical grinder and dosserless; I just weigh the coffee in my portafilter before extraction, that way it’s more consistent and accurate.
I have a Eureka and an Iberital also but the Graef is still my favourite!
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 01/08/2019 at 07:59, Gilly said:

Hi there,
The Graef Cm80
is one great little grinder.
Having tried many others I find I keep coming back to this.
It’s simple, quiet and most importantly it grinds down to almost a talc like consistency without clumps or mess.
It’s a conical grinder and dosserless; I just weigh the coffee in my portafilter before extraction, that way it’s more consistent and accurate.
I have a Eureka and an Iberital also but the Graef is still my favourite!
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just when I thought I'd settled on the grinder I want...!

Looks like I have more research to do after all