Hasi

Europiccola tweaks

Felt like starting a collection of what makes life easier with an (old) Europiccola.
Please chime in with your tweaks that iron out design flaws or improve performance...

• Like 1

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

04662a79b264fc1136c88490f538efac.jpg

Added a snipped off pinhead to locate the corresponding lead-in of boiler screw thread. Went in smoothly between knob and cover

Before, I've always needed two or three attempts to screw the cap back on after refilling boiler....

• Like 2

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

715a3257efa387fe5c4a7866ab49640d.jpg

Office solution: bent paper clip to close one of the three holes in steam tip. Makes for a great swirl!
My old Lady doesn't have a 3D steam arm, so my range of motion next to overflow pipe and hot group is very limited. The original 3-hole tip just meant whirlpooling and bubbling. Very James Bond but not suitable for latte art.

• Like 2

says Hasi.

Added a snipped off pinhead to locate the corresponding lead-in of boiler screw thread. Went in smoothly between knob and cover

Before, I've always needed two or three attempts to screw the cap back on after refilling boiler....

Couldn't you just screw anti clockwise first so you can feel when it finds it's seat?

Laissez les bons temps rouler

1 minute ago, ashcroc said:
1 hour ago, Hasi said:

Couldn't you just screw anti clockwise first so you can feel when it finds it's seat?

Funny enough, at least with my Pavoni, you miraculously cannot feel anything by twisting counterclockwise... it was pure guesswork going forth and back until it would finally bite. Small pinhead, big improvement!

• Like 2

says Hasi.

Wouldn’t it be easier with one  of these ..

85B7A702-64F4-40B6-8D79-20FBB7A536F7.jpeg

C1C8706A-C7AC-49ED-B6F9-30A3B0E3E344.jpeg

• Like 1

sure thing mate! The work of a professional :cool:
Keep them tweaks coming!

In my case, the paper clip was already lying around :angel:

• Like 3

says Hasi.

34 minutes ago, Hasi said:

sure thing mate! The work of a professional :cool:
Keep them tweaks coming!

In my case, the paper clip was already lying around :angel:

Do you want one ? 

Do you want one ? 

considering it for a while now... I'll let you know mate

can you put a thuya burr veneer on?

• Like 1

says Hasi.

17 minutes ago, Hasi said:

considering it for a while now... I'll let you know mate emoji41.png

Ok you have my number 🤭 .. No to the burr but I can drill lots of little holes in it might look like it 😳.. 

• Like 1

I’ll have to give the paper clip idea a go. Now where’s that paper clip..... if only I worked in an office NOOOOOO!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

considering it for a while now... I'll let you know mate  

Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Nudge nudge...

Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
say no more say no more!
  • Like 2

says Hasi.