nicholasj

My absolutely new set up!

.....and producing coffee I could never achieve before.  A happy camper indeed.

4CD9A907-E331-48EA-8356-F3F5245E981A.jpeg

• Like 16

ACS Minima, Niche Zero and a VST 18g ridged basket.

I like that.  Simple and neat 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sage DTP | Santos #4

Lovely, lovely, lovely!!! Envious, I am :D 

• Thanks 1

Home 1 -- Melitta Varianza CSP

Home 2 -- Lido 3 & 2012 Gaggia Classic (modded)

Outside -- Porlex mini (modded) & Aeropress

That looks very smart.

• Like 1

Gear:   Gaggia Classic, La Pavoni Europiccola, Niche zero.

At work:  Aeropress, Porlex mini.

Looks very nice.

Can I ask what the dial on the grouphead is please?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DDoe said:

Looks very nice.

Can I ask what the dial on the grouphead is please?

Thank you......it's the group pressure gauge.

1 hour ago, nicholasj said:

Thank you......it's the group pressure gauge.

Aaahh, thanks.

I was hoping it was a thermometer. I'd like to add a thermometer to my Mara but have only come across a black digital version that would look so out of place

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DDoe said:

Aaahh, thanks.

I was hoping it was a thermometer. I'd like to add a thermometer to my Mara but have only come across a black digital version that would look so out of place

There is a pid which shows the temp.  It's all a bit new, but for me it's a great machine.

Edited by nicholasj
Grammar!

@nicholasj

How are you liking the combo? I'm on the fence of getting the same exact one. 

Tyler

On 04/08/2019 at 16:02, coosawx said:

@nicholasj

How are you liking the combo? I'm on the fence of getting the same exact one. 

Tyler

I think it's a great combination.  I did lots of research.  Whilst most of the time I make espresso's, I'm now making milk drinks too for my wife and also myself.  It's a great steamer too. Probably a single boiler PID would have been sufficient but it would have restricted me.  The Niche is fantastic and such an ease to use and dial in. 

I'm very happy and especially as I opted for duel boiler over HX or single boiler, notwithstanding my usage being on the low side.......but more than capable if usage increases, even substantially.   

I'm sure you've seen the reviews for both!  

An incredibly cost effective and very modern setup. Looks terrific. 

• Thanks 1

Londinium 1, Pharos, Ceado e37s, Gene Cafe, Aerobie

Posted (edited)

Mine at the moment, slightly upgraded.

qSXoNe7FSMtzRMDHG8SZTgLsK-IzTAMjhhpw_Xi8

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My reviews at http://coffeestuff.byethost12.com/ (now ad free)  Crem One 2B, ACS Vesuvius, Izzo Duetto MK1, ACS Minima, Lelit Bianca Prototype, Lelit Mara X Prototype, BTC Machines, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK, Eureka Atom Speciality 75, VDT Vibration thing: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ (old site)

@DavecUK

Is that the paddle lifted from the Bianca then?

Any difference in performance between the two?

If it becomes a reasonably priced aftermarket optionbto retrofit a needle valve to any e61 machine that does somewhat reduce the USP of the Bianca.

Interesting times!

53 minutes ago, Bainbridge said:

@DavecUK

Is that the paddle lifted from the Bianca then?

Any difference in performance between the two?

If it becomes a reasonably priced aftermarket optionbto retrofit a needle valve to any e61 machine that does somewhat reduce the USP of the Bianca.

Interesting times!

It only reduces the USP of the Bianca if you didn't read my Bianca review carefully enough....the Bianca is more than just about the paddle. There is a write up available on my review site and I am adding videos as I finish editing them and updating the review on an ongoing basis with different types of machine. In the interest of fairness I will look at the Profitec system as well if they send me one....if they don't, well I don't care enough to buy one just for experiments.

My reviews at http://coffeestuff.byethost12.com/ (now ad free)  Crem One 2B, ACS Vesuvius, Izzo Duetto MK1, ACS Minima, Lelit Bianca Prototype, Lelit Mara X Prototype, BTC Machines, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK, Eureka Atom Speciality 75, VDT Vibration thing: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ (old site)

On 11/07/2019 at 15:02, nicholasj said:

Nice to see the tupperware tray under the group, exactly what I have done for the last 20 years...keeps everything clean when rinsing etc..

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DavecUK said:

Nice to see the tupperware tray under the group, exactly what I have done for the last 20 years...keeps everything clean when rinsing etc..

Yes, always used this little Tuppaware, even with my Silvia before.  And like you I put a few cut outs of non slip stuff to prevent scratching the stainless steel.  

8 hours ago, DavecUK said:

Mine at the moment, slightly upgraded.

qSXoNe7FSMtzRMDHG8SZTgLsK-IzTAMjhhpw_Xi8

Very nice....easy to fit onto the pres

@DaveC

very nice upgrade with the wood.  Easy to fit onto the pressure valves?

are they available?

cheers

On 11/07/2019 at 15:02, nicholasj said:

Everyone else is too polite, or not observant enough. Nespresso pods?

• Like 1

@Junglebert

Yes, well spotted.  For emergencies only.....or the wife!😀

677D119B-C76A-4EA2-8B4F-4455DA701CCB.jpeg

14 hours ago, nicholasj said:

@DaveC

very nice upgrade with the wood.  Easy to fit onto the pressure valves?

are they available?

cheers

They are a tight fit on the shafts, but that means they don't wobble about....the centre caps are chromed plastic, so look OK (well good enough for me), but there might be a brass chromed centre cap option that costs more and a no cap option, but then you want a nice chrome domed fixing bolt and I am not sure how great it would look. The wood is walnut and matches the Lelit paddle quite well.

I have had the kit almost  1 year, never got around to fitting it. The factory were thinking of offering it as an option or as an accessory....the problem is it is not cheap....I would estimate it could add as much as £75 or more for 2 walnut handles and  2 walnut knobs. My view was that people are quite finicky about customisation wanting burl fantasy wood ripped from a magic roundabout unicorns arse and that any standard option wouldn't be popular....I like it, but then I am more easily pleased than some.

• Thanks 1