christos_geo

Brand new La Sportiva Solution climbing shoes 42.5

For the climbing junkies out there ! Got a boxed and unused pair of 2019 La Sportiva Solution climbing shoes that I bought a couple weeks ago in size 42.5 (UK 8.5) for sale.

Bought a pair of 42 at the same time to compare fit and decided to keep those, wore the 42s first time yesterday :)

This shoe is not for the beginner climber as it's pretty aggressive but arguably one of the best fitting and most technical shoe out there, and also Adam Ondra's favourite! (

)

Size wise, I wear a 44.5 (9.5uk) street shoe size and 43.5 (9 &1/3) in Scarpa Vapors and both 42 and 42.5 Solutions felt great but keeping the 42 as I have a lower volume foot.

Will upload actual pictures tonight.

RRP is anywhere between £120 (online) to £150 (high street).

Yours for £90 +P&P !5d65402cabbd349325e4fa1d1e7b4073.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

LR - EK43S; Ceado E37S; Aergrind; Comandante MK3 - Syphon & V60 - patience

Aw, if I could squeeze my size 10s into them I'd bite your hand off! GLWTS

• Like 1

Aw, if I could squeeze my size 10s into them I'd bite your hand off! GLWTS
When there's a will there's a way :) I'm currently using the plastic bag trick to break them in.
Why don't you try them on at a local store for size and if they are comfy (in climbing shoe sense ie bloody excruciating if worn more than 20 min) then get these ones but for cheaper :)

• Like 1

As promised6ab5c0875ff113d58e201f3f466a5865.jpg79199b072e395358d43c814f2b557882.jpg43c5612e1a1a148e4cbaaca608b23668.jpgf4ba67279dec3c3f554fd7109793782b.jpg0d5dc3bef3bf5f59860e8a3f4cc8184d.jpg

Forgive my naivety but what is an aggressive shoe?

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Unless its changed since I last climbed. Aggressive shoes tend to be more flexible, generally a tighter fit and narrower at the front. You wouldn't really want to wear a pair for a long climbing session as they are not very comfortable, but they give you better ability to grip with your feet so are great for short technical climbing sessions.
  • Like 1

Gear:   Gaggia Classic, La Pavoni Euopiccola, Niche zero grinder.

When there's a will there's a way smile.png.386586528d215eb32622a010fd075179.png I'm currently using the plastic bag trick to break them in.
Why don't you try them on at a local store for size and if they are comfy (in climbing shoe sense ie bloody excruciating if worn more than 20 min) then get these ones but for cheaper smile.png.386586528d215eb32622a010fd075179.png

Tried some Miura VS 8.5s this evening, closest the store had. There's tight and there's not getting feeling back in your toes for 5 mins! I'll reluctantly pass.

I have size 41 solutions. Probably my favourite climbing shoe. Shame these are too big, definitely getting another pair.

4 hours ago, Drewster said:

As @GrowlingDog correctly stated these tend to have much softer rubber and glove like fit with practically zero dead space. They are also very downturned thereby forcing your foot into a talon-like shape and typically have high asymmetry. They aim to direct all your downward force through your big toe. They can be excruciating to wear for long periods and you would have to remove between climbs. Depending on the materials used, the shoe will somewhat mould to your foot, but you also eventually get used to the pain. Climbers toes are not something to aspire to. .  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jymbob said:
On 10/07/2019 at 16:36, christos_geo said:
When there's a will there's a way smile.png.386586528d215eb32622a010fd075179.png I'm currently using the plastic bag trick to break them in.
Why don't you try them on at a local store for size and if they are comfy (in climbing shoe sense ie bloody excruciating if worn more than 20 min) then get these ones but for cheaper smile.png.386586528d215eb32622a010fd075179.png

Tried some Miura VS 8.5s this evening, closest the store had. There's tight and there's not getting feeling back in your toes for 5 mins! I'll reluctantly pass.

I've not actually tried the VS but was considering them at some point, however they work best for high volume feet whereas mine are on the narrow side (see chart). Having used my solutions over the past couple of days I can say that I will be climbing with plastic bags round my feet for a few more sessions. I did manage to send a few routes though that were previously troubling me. Switching back to my Scarpas, which are also bloody tight, felt like wearing cosy slippers. 

If you want an excellent technical bouldering shoe and have slightly wider feet try the blue Scarpa VSR, or the orange VS (lace for better fit). Those were a bit wide for me. They only need 1 EU size downsizing from street shoe size.   

tabella climbing.jpg

26 minutes ago, fatboyslim said:

I have size 41 solutions. Probably my favourite climbing shoe. Shame these are too big, definitely getting another pair.

Have you found them to break in nicely after a few sessions? I'm hoping they will as I'd rather drink instant coffee than attempt to smear in them :)  

I love the precision on the toe but still need to get used to the super insensitive fully moulded heel. And my only gripe is the thin fast lock strap, supposedly it's been improved on these newer ones. . 

11 hours ago, christos_geo said:

Have you found them to break in nicely after a few sessions? I'm hoping they will as I'd rather drink instant coffee than attempt to smear in them :)  

I love the precision on the toe but still need to get used to the super insensitive fully moulded heel. And my only gripe is the thin fast lock strap, supposedly it's been improved on these newer ones. . 

They were a bit tight on the top of the heel initially and still when they are really dry but usually they are still a bit damp from the previous session :D

The heel is mega, super comfy for those gigantic hero-move heel hooks.

I had a pair of Genius' before these and they basically deformed both my big toes. They were cripplingly painful, solutions are like slippers in comparison.

• Like 1

Starting to feel better now, but you're right, the heel is amazing! Still a bit too painful to get good toe hooks but they'll soften up soon enough.

I was actually considering the geniuses as they look fantastic and love the snugness that lace offers, but now you've mentioned the toe crippling pain I can happily forget about them.

You wouldn't really want to wear a pair for a long climbing session as they are not very comfortable, but they give you better ability to grip with your feet so are great for short technical climbing sessions.

I think you meant to say “as your toes will go numb” :p.

I had a pair of Tenaya Oasi and they were the comfiest aggressive shoe I ever had.

I think you meant to say “as your toes will go numb” tongue.png.f64d0efd708c143e1a7297913ec28caa.png.

I had a pair of Tenaya Oasi and they were the comfiest aggressive shoe I ever had.
Tenayas are great too, finally managed to convince my friend to go for some solutions as his oasis had seen better days. .
c41773b572e5ab9077eed12e0a25ec11.jpg

• Like 1

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)