Katie

Porlex mini burr replacement?

My much love Porlex mini hand grinder that serves me well after a year of 4 times daily use at last seems to be losing its edge a bit.  I love this wee grinder, I use it at home and it gets popped in my work bag daily,  after purchasing another for my partner I realise that mine is a bit worse for ware now and takes quite a bit more grunt to get through the beans compared to the new one. It gets cleaned out once or twice a week. Can the ceramic burrs just be replaced or is there something more going on in there that means its just had it now?

Thank you and kind regards

Katie

My much love Porlex mini hand grinder that serves me well after a year of 4 times daily use at last seems to be losing its edge a bit.  I love this wee grinder, I use it at home and it gets popped in my work bag daily,  after purchasing another for my partner I realise that mine is a bit worse for ware now and takes quite a bit more grunt to get through the beans compared to the new one. It gets cleaned out once or twice a week. Can the ceramic burrs just be replaced or is there something more going on in there that means its just had it now?

Thank you and kind regards
Katie
A quick google threw up This result.
  • Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler

A quick google threw up This result.

I got my Porlex Mini from there. Was cheaper than anywhere I would find in the uk at the time. Took a bit longer to arrive but I wasn’t bothered about that. I think if you sign up for their newsletter they will send a 5% discount code too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Aldi instant

That's helped me out also, thank you.

• Like 1

Home 1 -- Melitta Varianza CSP

Home 2 -- Lido 3 & 2012 Gaggia Classic (modded)

Outside -- Porlex mini (modded) & Aeropress

No worries. 

I work for MaxiCoffee so if any of you have questions, I check the forum regularly 😊 

• Like 1

Thank you all for your help.
New burrs it is then
Or spend a bit more & get the aergrind in the for sale section. The steel burrs are worth the extra.

Laissez les bons temps rouler