picalilli

scales recommendations for dtp

Anyone have any recommendations of a good set of budget scales to use with the dtp? I'm looking for ones that will fit underneath the PF so I can weigh as it pours. These ones seem like they might fit the bill:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01DGLFVS0/ref=psdc_3538314031_t2_B074TB9L2D

would be nice to have a set with a built in timer too, like these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074TB9L2D/ref=psdc_3538314031_t2_B0759J83GT

but they seem quite big, and I'd take them fitting under the PF over the timer feature.

Posted (edited)

Neither will fit under your PF they are only good for weighing out and pour over, have a look for the Joe Frex copy version

Some sort of version from  Here

Edited by Jony

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

I have a set like the top ones. They fit ok with my Mara but I need to tilt the cup slightly to get it in and out, however, my cups are not "bowl" shaped they are straight sided and this could well make them slightly taller.

They do me fine but I'm not too worried about being very accurate with the product weight. I'm sure I could, and probably should, do better but I'm still happy with my coffee and that's what counts - to me at least.

I would like a better set but that sort of thing is reserved for presents.

I have a set like your top link (used to be branded Amir) & they fit my Tebe driptray fine with a flatwhite/latte cup or shot glass. A naked portafilter would give more clearance buit that can be a bit tricky on the dtp as your only real option is drilling out your spouted one.

For timer I use the stopwatch on my watch or phone.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Thanks all - I’ve gone for the joe Frex copy ones linked by Jony from blu star. Shipping from EU and apparently if they don’t fit the letterbox they will hold at the post office but don’t leave a note telling you (odd!?) but hopefully they will arrive. 

Anyone ordered from blu star before?