Jonathan007

Expobar Brewtus DB hot water boiler issue

Come to operate the hot water wand on Friday and nothing came out.

I have noticed in the past that the pressure seemed to be dropping but now there is no water at all, not even a sound when I operate the hot water tap/wheel.

Just wondered if anyone has experienced this issue or in fact knows how to fix?

I don't really have a lot of time on my hands to start opening things up.

Possibly pressure- stat stuck  OR limit stat needs re-setting. Most likely pressure-stat

• Like 1

Do you still have steam?

• Like 1

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

2 hours ago, DavecUK said:

Do you still have steam?

Steam wand is still as good as ever brew head still good but the hot water, nothing at all...

46 minutes ago, Jonathan007 said:

Steam wand is still as good as ever brew head still good but the hot water, nothing at all...

Check for a blockage in the hot water tap...and next time give a bit more information, otherwise you will be led down the garden path. Also location and whether you use hard water or not, recently descaled etc.. can al be useful. Your blockage could be scale or something else...I don't know.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

48 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

Check for a blockage in the hot water tap...and next time give a bit more information, otherwise you will be led down the garden path. Also location and whether you use hard water or not, recently descaled etc.. can al be useful. Your blockage could be scale or something else...I don't know.

Appreciate that Dave thanks.

What I can add is I never hardly ever used the hot water wand at all so I can't imagine it has a blockage.

I'm from Cumbria and I use tap water, always have, it's not hard at all.

When I turn the hot water tap there is nothing, no water no sound, nothing at all, like its dead.

Could it be something other than a blockage. taking into account the minimal amount of times it's been used, I'm talking no more that 5 times.

Thanks for the help so far, if you need more info please ask away.

Jon

Well if the boiler is heating and the steam wand produces steam, the only reason hot water is not coming out is because either there is a blockage, or the valve is faulty, causing a blockage.

Dave its a twin boiler.
Would this make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The steam wand is fed from the same boiler that feeds the hot water tap...so no, being a twin boiler doesn't matter.

Just watched a good vid on the tube. I understand it better now thanks. I’ll go check for blockages tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro