Coffee Forums banner

Green coffee bean price

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Hasi 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how much a wholesaler/distributor would normally pay for one pound of green coffee beans from Central America? (i.e. not retail price)

Thank you all for your inputs!

#9 ·
You have seen the exact numbers that you have requested mate.
Be more specific and we can sort things out!

Green beans can be anything between actual beans and Cup of Excellence award winning single bag speciality coffee.

What is it that you want to know?

#10 ·
Hi Hasi,

Yes - I do apologize for the unclear question. I meant to ask what is the real actual cost per pound of green coffee beans that is for general consumption (I'm not sure if there are grades for this category, but I'm not referring to soluble-coffee grade. Something more like Lavazza, Starbucks etc.. if that makes sense?)

I'm also referring to just arabica beans from Central/South America - what are the prices that most wholesaler tend to pay? I would guess it's between $1-$3 per lb? Since most retail price is around $6/lb.

I hope this makes my question more specific... Again, I apologize for not being clearer initially.

#12 ·
Commodity coffee goes purely through brokers' hands, so you can check current coffee prices at different stock exchanges.

Speciality coffee may be anywhere between the prices I've mentioned above. Be it an easy-to-harvest and not-very-outstanding standard Brazilian for a few quid or the latest Cup Of Excellence winning single bag crop.

Arabica (which is a bold generalisation, go here for details) makes for some 60% of global coffee production, however, only 5% of all Arabica crop yields high quality. Now, market demand obviously affects prices to a point where a single bag can easily be five digits. Before decimal that is.

If you have the name of a farm and coffee variety you may find green prices online or upon request from importers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.