Just now, jlarkin said:

Have you actually put this in the sales section with a price and info? 

No as did not have permission to post it.

Think I rushed straight in and dropped a clanger posting it on the site.

I've had my own business 5 yes so not just a freeloader and do know a thing or too about coffee businesses and would give good free advice to anyone

8 minutes ago, jlarkin said:

Have you actually put this in the sales section with a price and info? 

Don't know how,😯

6 hours ago, Drewster said:

I agree-ish........

Let anyone come along and shove their stuff into "For Sale" as soon as they like.....
Everyone has the choice to investigate/buy it or whatever - and they may take into account the "history" of the seller (or indeed lack of it)..
This might allow members to grab a bargain (with all the caveats inherent).

It would certainly save many dozens/hundreds of (frankly pish-take) one liner/one smilie posts just to get up to the 5 post restriction
(once again members can react to that how they like).

I think the "issue" is that the restriction is to prevent "outsiders" gaining access to BUY bargains (without "contributing" to the forum in any other way...
At least an "unknown" seller MIGHT be giving someone a decent bargain... even if they are never heard from again....
an "unknown" buyer could just get the "benefit" with nothing given back......

Obviously the 5 posts of pish restriction isn't a real hurdle for buyer or seller.

I would like to see some sort of "hold prior to moderation" on new users posts... just to weed out this sort of piffle (And some of the more obvious spammers)...... OBVIOUSLY this would be an overhead for Mods... and I wouldn't volunteer to wade through the crap myself so can't really expect others to do so.

One thing I've learnt in my 5 years of selling coffee on the streets with my car.

NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER

Just because I came on this site to do someone a favour and make a good living out of the same thing I did does not make me a criminal or bad person.

Where I was placed I had to have a clear criminal record and treat people with respect.

Think on.

Pleased to confirm Mick and I are in dialogue.

I will be visiting this weekend.

• Like 1

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

31 minutes ago, Mick H said:

One thing I've learnt in my 5 years of selling coffee on the streets with my car.

NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER

Just because I came on this site to do someone a favour and make a good living out of the same thing I did does not make me a criminal or bad person.

Where I was placed I had to have a clear criminal record and treat people with respect.

Think on.

You are quite right - Don't judge a book by it's cover....

Although I am totally at a loss as to why you quoted that post... a post that had nothing "judgemental" in it....
It would seem that you don't judge a post by its content?

But...
a) I am not convinced you came on this site to do anyone a favour...
as far as I can tell you came on this site to flog your car/machine (I am not judging that as good or bad - just a fact)
b) I have not the faintest idea if you make a good living out of it or if you've never made a penny....
and either way tbf I don't really care.
c) Also either way - wouldn't make you criminal or bad - as far as I am aware nobody has accused you of either...
d) Good for you - having a clear criminal record (I'll read that as you have NO criminal record)....
Generally speaking I expect or assume most people I meet have no criminal record
(there may well be exceptions - but I wouldn't have "known" and I wouldn't have assumed)
e) ditto with treating people with respect..... although that is pretty well a given in a service industry?
(Although I do remember certain "Chinese Restaurants" in London's China Town who made a "thing"
out of being rude and abrupt to customers)

If I were interested in buying your car/machine (which I'm not by the way) I'd do a couple of 
"Google" searches on the components to check prices etc to assess it's worth/value/how much of a bargain
it might be...
From that I might make a judgement about how much of a "favour" you were doing......

All that aside - I hope you'll hang about and contribute to the forum, 5 years "in the trade" will no doubt
give you a wealth of experience and I am sure you can give some good advice etc.

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

6 minutes ago, Drewster said:

You are quite right - Don't judge a book by it's cover....

Although I am totally at a loss as to why you quoted that post... a post that had nothing "judgemental" in it....
It would seem that you don't judge a post by its content?

But...
a) I am not convinced you came on this site to do anyone a favour...
as far as I can tell you came on this site to flog your car/machine (I am not judging that as good or bad - just a fact)
b) I have not the faintest idea if you make a good living out of it or if you've never made a penny....
and either way tbf I don't really care.
c) Also either way - wouldn't make you criminal or bad - as far as I am aware nobody has accused you of either...
d) Good for you - having a clear criminal record (I'll read that as you have NO criminal record)....
Generally speaking I expect or assume most people I meet have no criminal record
(there may well be exceptions - but I wouldn't have "known" and I wouldn't have assumed)
e) ditto with treating people with respect..... although that is pretty well a given in a service industry?
(Although I do remember certain "Chinese Restaurants" in London's China Town who made a "thing"
out of being rude and abrupt to customers)

If I were interested in buying your car/machine (which I'm not by the way) I'd do a couple of 
"Google" searches on the components to check prices etc to assess it's worth/value/how much of a bargain
it might be...
From that I might make a judgement about how much of a "favour" you were doing......

All that aside - I hope you'll hang about and contribute to the forum, 5 years "in the trade" will no doubt
give you a wealth of experience and I am sure you can give some good advice etc.

I aim to stay around after the car has gone.

I enjoyed selling people coffees of all description and them telling me they beat Costas and Starbucks hands down.

I enjoyed the job because I was passionate about the coffee I made so will give people advice on there predicaments wether it be there blends or there machines.

Every day I drove past a roasting factory on my way home and bought a fresh bag for the next day and therein lies the first and best bit of advice.

Cheers

I noticed that you are Sheffield based.  Whose beans were you picking up and serving ?

a grinder a lever and some beans

Every day I drove past a roasting factory on my way home and bought a fresh bag for the next day and therein lies the first and best bit of advice.

How many days post roast the beans are?

Never asked but foil bag always warm was a family business that's been doing it for 100 year plus

7 minutes ago, Mick H said:

Pollard's

Havent used them since the days that they had a shop behind Cole Bros.

Just now, working dog said:

Havent used them since the days that they had a shop behind Cole Bros.

All shops closed now used to have one on ecclesall road and in meadowhall

I remember the meadowhall one.  Think it was near where Sainsburys use to be