Anyone wanting a start up business look no further🤐

IMG-20190614-WA0034.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for posting your introduction...my life = now complete.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the forum, Mark! Is this your set up or are you selling set ups? If you wish to advertise on Coffee Forums UK please click here or contact an Admin via email [email protected] or send a PM to Tait, Glenn or Rhys. 

16 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

Thanks for posting your introduction...my life = now complete.

Grab a cup and relax, Dave. Please don't be harsh to new members. 

Edited by PPapa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PPapa said:

Welcome to the forum, Mark! Is this your set up or are you selling set ups? If you wish to advertise on Coffee Forums UK please click here or contact an Admin via email [email protected] or send a PM to Tait, Glenn or Rhys. 

Not selling set ups just my old one so can upgrade

Trying to do someone a big favour if they want a start up as I started with it

3 minutes ago, Mick H said:

Not selling set ups just my old one so can upgrade

Ah I see - what's in your mind? There's a for sale section which you will be able to unlock once you are more active user.

1 minute ago, PPapa said:

Ah I see - what's in your mind? There's a for sale section which you will be able to unlock once you are more active user.

Thanks PPapa

It's no good on my drive PPapa someone could be selling the liquid gold for a few quid

Someone may want a mobile coffee car and this is in tip top order.

Fracino duel fuel 2 group heads the real deal and I've had it since new so looked after every day

Welcome Mick,

As @PPapa said once you've settled into the forum you'll be able to list it over on the for sale section.

Might be worth posting a short introduction on the new members section and joining in on some threads. It's a great community we've got here and we always welcome new members, that said I don't think you'll have much success joining then immediately trying to sell a setup before anyone has any 'feel' for the kind of person you are.

• Like 3

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

1 hour ago, PPapa said:

I suppose I just think using the introduction area to give a 1 liner of kit for sale, isn't exactly in the spirit of the forum and remember the majority of you thought I was wrong when I suggested removing the 5 post restriction for access to the sale areas. Which would stop this sort of wrongly placed post and keep all the sales stuff where it belongs.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

10 hours ago, DavecUK said:

I suppose I just think using the introduction area to give a 1 liner of kit for sale, isn't exactly in the spirit of the forum and remember the majority of you thought I was wrong when I suggested removing the 5 post restriction for access to the sale areas. Which would stop this sort of wrongly placed post and keep all the sales stuff where it belongs.

Morning everyone hope you've all had your daily early morning caffeine fix,😁

Well the 5 post restriction was easily overcome with multiple pieces of rubbish.

Ian

• Like 1

Minima ma ma ma Eureka Zenith

15 minutes ago, Eyedee said:

Well the 5 post restriction was easily overcome with multiple pieces of rubbish.

Ian

😁

43 minutes ago, Eyedee said:

Ian

It's why I think the restriction is a big waste of time. This guy will advertise his setup, sell it or not, but like many others will probably not be heard from again unless there is something else to shift. It would be better just to let them post immediately into classifieds....of course no one agrees and we get this rubbish generated.

• Like 1

I agree-ish........

Let anyone come along and shove their stuff into "For Sale" as soon as they like.....
Everyone has the choice to investigate/buy it or whatever - and they may take into account the "history" of the seller (or indeed lack of it)..
This might allow members to grab a bargain (with all the caveats inherent).

It would certainly save many dozens/hundreds of (frankly pish-take) one liner/one smilie posts just to get up to the 5 post restriction
(once again members can react to that how they like).

I think the "issue" is that the restriction is to prevent "outsiders" gaining access to BUY bargains (without "contributing" to the forum in any other way...
At least an "unknown" seller MIGHT be giving someone a decent bargain... even if they are never heard from again....
an "unknown" buyer could just get the "benefit" with nothing given back......

Obviously the 5 posts of pish restriction isn't a real hurdle for buyer or seller.

I would like to see some sort of "hold prior to moderation" on new users posts... just to weed out this sort of piffle (And some of the more obvious spammers)...... OBVIOUSLY this would be an overhead for Mods... and I wouldn't volunteer to wade through the crap myself so can't really expect others to do so.

• Like 2

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

I go one step further, If I was selling something on the forum (not something I usually do, not sure I ever have). Then I would not care if the buyer was a member with 5 posts, or simply dropped on, seagulled the forum purchased my item and left. My interest is selling my item...I suspect most sellers of stuff would feel the same.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Drewster said:

I agree-ish........

Let anyone come along and shove their stuff into "For Sale" as soon as they like.....
Everyone has the choice to investigate/buy it or whatever - and they may take into account the "history" of the seller (or indeed lack of it)..
This might allow members to grab a bargain (with all the caveats inherent).

It would certainly save many dozens/hundreds of (frankly pish-take) one liner/one smilie posts just to get up to the 5 post restriction
(once again members can react to that how they like).

I think the "issue" is that the restriction is to prevent "outsiders" gaining access to BUY bargains (without "contributing" to the forum in any other way...
At least an "unknown" seller MIGHT be giving someone a decent bargain... even if they are never heard from again....
an "unknown" buyer could just get the "benefit" with nothing given back......

Obviously the 5 posts of pish restriction isn't a real hurdle for buyer or seller.

I would like to see some sort of "hold prior to moderation" on new users posts... just to weed out this sort of piffle (And some of the more obvious spammers)...... OBVIOUSLY this would be an overhead for Mods... and I wouldn't volunteer to wade through the crap myself so can't really expect others to do so.

Only doing someone a favour I think I'm ripping myself off with the price would never sell something dodgy.

If someone wants to earn a living with it they will as I have.

1 minute ago, Mick H said:

Only doing someone a favour I think I'm ripping myself off with the price would never sell something dodgy.

If someone wants to earn a living with it they will as I have.

If it's something someone wants and they think it's a fair price then I'm giving somebody on this forum first shout.Rather than the outside world so by being a member your getting benefits

39 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

I go one step further, If I was selling something on the forum (not something I usually do, not sure I ever have). Then I would not care if the buyer was a member with 5 posts, or simply dropped on, seagulled the forum purchased my item and left. My interest is selling my item...I suspect most sellers of stuff would feel the same.

I think it could be argued both ways, and neither is right or wrong. One aspect that comes to mind . . .  If I’m selling something here I tend to think I am offering forum members the chance to buy something they know will have been well cared for at a good price. If I want a better price I’d take it to eBay and not bother here. Or if I’m giving something away, I’m happy to do that with forum members but would be a bit miffed if someone joined just to nab a freebie!

But I KNOW there are many ways we can view this!

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

2 minutes ago, MildredM said:

I think it could be argued both ways, and neither is right or wrong. One aspect that comes to mind . . .  If I’m selling something here I tend to think I am offering forum members the chance to buy something they know will have been well cared for at a good price. If I want a better price I’d take it to eBay and not bother here. Or if I’m giving something away, I’m happy to do that with forum members but would be a bit miffed if someone joined just to nab a freebie!

Not posted this anywhere but here.

Have emailed coffee car businesses but they were happy with what they had but said would bare me in mind.

All the free advertising companies and we know who they are want it for nothing which is disrespectful so never go there.

5 minutes ago, MildredM said:

but would be a bit miffed if someone joined just to nab a freebie!

I'm sure if you were giving something away, you would never feel pressured let someone who just joined to grab it....I wouldn't

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mick H said:

If it's something someone wants and they think it's a fair price then I'm giving somebody on this forum first shout.Rather than the outside world so by being a member your getting benefits

Have you actually put this in the sales section with a price and info? 

• Like 1

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com