Wobbit

All the gear...

Afternoon guys,

Having spent the last 5-6 years playing with pour over type coffees, moving house and finding myself with more counter top space, I decided it was time to venture into espresso and milk based coffee.

Drove up to Bella Barista today to see David, he was a great help, not pushy and didn’t try to make me spend too much.

Ended up choosing a Lelit Mara, the deluxe model with the wooden bits. Chuffed to bits with it. 

I’ve paired it with a Niche, great grinder from my limited experience, only had a MBK feldgrind before.

I have gotten though a bag of beans already, this is not easy! The shots are getting better, I’m getting over caffeinated!

Rob 

23E17F9B-7BF4-4819-A389-A85FAEEC7F29.jpeg

• Like 7

Whooop! Congratulations on your new set up - love the Lelit 😁 

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Afternoon guys,
Having spent the last 5-6 years playing with pour over type coffees, moving house and finding myself with more counter top space, I decided it was time to venture into espresso and milk based coffee.
Drove up to Bella Barista today to see David, he was a great help, not pushy and didn’t try to make me spend too much.
Ended up choosing a Lelit Mara, the deluxe model with the wooden bits. Chuffed to bits with it. 
I’ve paired it with a Niche, great grinder from my limited experience, only had a MBK feldgrind before.
I have gotten though a bag of beans already, this is not easy! The shots are getting better, I’m getting over caffeinated!

Rob 
23E17F9B-7BF4-4819-A389-A85FAEEC7F29.thumb.jpeg.4a217cc00a8251d4b817f56aad559662.jpeg

Congratulations! I have the same set up (minus the wooden knobs) and love it. I’m sure you’re going to have a lot of fun.

Lelit Mara 62, Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

Thanks guys! Here’s an updated picture, two weeks into ownership and I’m getting some pretty good results, my milk steaming is pretty inconsistent and latte art is witchcraft! 

2A99CF49-B4BB-42AB-B44B-76D62A5F1659.jpeg

• Like 4

great setup, looks a great combo

• Thanks 1

Loving that coffee shelf. Congratulations on that setup. I think that's pretty much what I will be going for once I have the space. Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

Home 1 -- Melitta Varianza CSP

Home 2 -- Lido 3 & 2012 Gaggia Classic (modded)

Outside -- Porlex mini (modded) & Aeropress

On 24/06/2019 at 18:11, Wobbit said:

Afternoon guys,

Rob 

23E17F9B-7BF4-4819-A389-A85FAEEC7F29.jpeg

Looking good!  I've got the Lelit Bianca and love it. I would love the Niche, but for now I'm getting along ok with a mazzer major.

• Like 1

Lelit Bianca/Mazzer Major/Several odd cups, one milk jug and a yen to do good latte art/ Four horses/four cats/3 dogs/7 chickens. :o

Latte art is witchcraft lol

i know how you feel 😁

Milks expensive too especially at rate Iv been using it since I got my izzo Pompeii 

Iv actually thought about buying a cow  lol

love the setup 👍

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Rob,

Great combo ;)

How many seconds flush are you doing approximately ? My father in law just got his today and we’ve been eye balling it until his group head thermometer comes. 

Edited by blankets

4 minutes ago, blankets said:

Hi Rob,

Great combo ;)

How many seconds flush are you doing approximately ? My father in law just got his today and we’ve been eye balling it until his group head thermometer comes. 

Thanks, it’s much better than I am at making coffee.

The cooling flush varies depending on how long the machine has been left on for, no longer than 15 seconds when it’s been on for an hour or so, as an educated guess. It’s mostly flush until the bubbly boiled water stops.

11 minutes ago, Ozzie78 said:

Latte art is witchcraft lol

i know how you feel 😁

Milks expensive too especially at rate Iv been using it since I got my izzo Pompeii 

Iv actually thought about buying a cow  lol

love the setup 👍

This is the best I’ve mustered with full fat, but yeah I’m probably buying 50% of all the milk sold in my local off license 😂

85C649D6-B524-4BDE-9FBF-86FAAD6283D2.jpeg