I went with the Lelit Bianca as it's a little cheaper and comes with a great selection of accessories. I also love the look of the machine with the wood.

The Bianca also have the pressure profiling paddle, so you can do all kinds of different shots and replicate other more expensive machines.

Another benefit is that with the Bianca you can change the reservoir position from the back to either side, or remove it completely when plumbed in.

I will have to leave the fight for the R58 corner to someone else as I have no experience of it, I'm just going from the spec list.

Niche Zero, Lelit Bianca, Claris Ultra filter, Torr Tamper with NickNak handle, BT Wedge distribution tool, Felicita ARC scales, MildredM towels. Fully converted by Coffee Forums UK.

I've had both (Well I still have a Bianca), Lelit Bianca every time.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Not sure how the valure of the r58 is justified at mo.

The Bianca offers you much much more than the r58 at a lower price .

• Like 1

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

I *think* of these 2 I would choose the Bianca. (Only saw them at WOC2018, I did not use them)

On 24/06/2019 at 13:16, DavecUK said:

I've had both (Well I still have a Bianca), Lelit Bianca every time.

Hi Dave 

I have been using my bianca for 4 months now -- and I encouter an issue from time to time -- 

sometimes my Bianca will warm up to the right temp within the boiler but the group will be barely warm to the touch - and this after 90 minutes of having been truned on - ,,I have to pump a few ounces of water - and wait another 15 minutes for correct extraction temperatures at the group . Am I experiencing air lock issues in the thermosyphon ? 

What can I do to avoid this 

thanks 

Yes, find out where the thermosyphon is leaking from. If it's fittings, tighten, remake. If it's one way valve or group, descale. If you have not used hard water (Brita style filters and in tank filters are not very good), then check for something stuck under one of those 2 valve seats e.g. swarf

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

On 26/06/2019 at 18:49, DavecUK said:

Yes, find out where the thermosyphon is leaking from. If it's fittings, tighten, remake. If it's one way valve or group, descale. If you have not used hard water (Brita style filters and in tank filters are not very good), then check for something stuck under one of those 2 valve seats e.g. swarf

Hello Dave
So I contacted Lelit head office and as expected they suggested that I perform a flush ,,not any flush a 400 ml flush which I did, ,,For now the problem seems to have gone away. -- They think it might have been , a badly seated water tank or the hose that is located in the water tank was not seated securly onto the inlet filter, they also mentioned the inlet filter itself, supplying water to the hose, might have been clogged ,, see photo -However , I am not convinced -- I think it is the brew boiler set up-I think a tilted brew boiler is not the best way to prevent air locks ,,most e61 DBs use an immersed outlet tube feeding the E61 group from well within the brew boiler . see the photo they sent me  

image002.jpg

Brita style filters and in tank filters are not very good

Depends on tap water, no?

Some parts of UK don’t get scale with tap water, you know.

Cheap kettle which was already in the flat when I moved in almost 3 years back and I’m sure hasn’t seen “proper” water prior...
86fb4be688e3676c586262e0add388c3.jpg
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PPapa said:

Cheap kettle which was already in the flat when I moved in almost 3 years back and I’m sure hasn’t seen “proper” water prior...

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

That’s amazing @Ppapa 

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

6 hours ago, PPapa said:

Could you bottle some of your water and sell it to us poor souls who use Thames Water supplied tap water 🥴.. Cheaper than Ashbeck of course ..

2 hours ago, Nicknak said:

Could you bottle some of your water and sell it to us poor souls who use Thames Water supplied tap water 🥴.. Cheaper than Ashbeck of course ..

I’m in! Group buy?

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Barely any here... I use a Brita jug to get rid of chlorine/fluoride smell and taste, but having an RO system to filter out those 12.5ppm is complete waste.

Hence a reply to Dave’s praise that everyone should have an RO system without even figuring out details. Is he sponsored by Osmio?

3605b27ed1b35dffdcc4b289926d829d.jpg