PPapa

Blenders - any recommendations?

I have binned my Nutri Ninja bullet blender as the jugs were getting smelly, the blade assembly was difficult to clean and still got messy/dirty and it would leak into the motor/base which was difficult to clean as well! I mainly used it for smoothies, so pretty basic on/off worked for me.

I’m thinking of a blender that doesn’t leak through the bottom and it’s easier to clean. Glass jug would be preferable.

Any recommendations? I’ve been looking for one for months now and I really should get one ASAP!

Might a stick blender be an option? Think there's one with several attachments coming up at Lidl in a week or 2.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

If a stick blender is what you want, then it has to be a Bamix, I’ve had one for about 15 years, still as good now as when I bought it.

Thanks both, but I’d rather go for a jug blender.

Whats your budget?

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero White | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr  | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

Mrs Snakehips highly recommends the Magimix 11610 Series.

See here  for some detail.

Super quality and easy to clean, doesn't smell if you clean it.

As it happens we have one that is about two years old and has seen very little use, available for sale.  It has pretty much only on used for making soup and is superb condition. The blend cups have never been used.  The reason we, the royal we that is, have recently bought a hand blender is because Mrs S was struggling to handle the  2.2kg glass jug of the Magimix.   It was a case of new blender or new wife and, foolishly, I opted for the former.

2131594603_cYb6R4EnRjeaduxpL8cBw.thumb.jpg.9f5cfc4ab16d2ce886f438d363ef0e13.jpg

If you have any interest in our blender then let me know and I will happily discuss details.

The recommendation is genuine regardless.

• Like 1

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Your guessing was quite successful :)

so i can only recommend, do not go for salter brand.

• Like 1

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero White | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr  | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

Magi mix or kitchen aid I have kitchen aid was £90 on eBay, it doesn't unscew out at the bottom if that's a issue for you.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

23 minutes ago, Snakehips said:

Mrs Snakehips highly recommends the Magimix 11610 Series.

See here  for some detail.

Super quality and easy to clean, doesn't smell if you clean it.

As it happens we have one that is about two years old and has seen very little use, available for sale.  It has pretty much only on used for making soup and is superb condition. The blend cups have never been used.  The reason we, the royal we that is, have recently bought a hand blender is because Mrs S was struggling to handle the  2.2kg glass jug of the Magimix.   It was a case of new blender or new wife and, foolishly, I opted for the former.

2131594603_cYb6R4EnRjeaduxpL8cBw.thumb.jpg.9f5cfc4ab16d2ce886f438d363ef0e13.jpg

If you have any interest in our blender then let me know and I will happily discuss details.

The recommendation is genuine regardless.

I was looking at the Magimix Le Blender, which I believe shares the same base (just fewer jugs)! What sort of price are you after? 

8 minutes ago, PPapa said:

I was looking at the Magimix Le Blender, which I believe shares the same base (just fewer jugs)! What sort of price are you after? 

How about £105 shipped to you via DPD ?

• Like 1

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

1 hour ago, Snakehips said:

How about £105 shipped to you via DPD ?

While I think your offer is awesome and includes quite few extras, I am not sure I would justify the cost of it. I did a look around and used ones have been sold for £50~60 before ([1][2]) and refurbished ones with 1 year warranty are being sold for £80

I'll need to sleep on it. I am quite torn between Sage Boss To Go which looks decent and seems to address the issues I had with Nutri Ninja and Magimix Le Blender which has few more bells and whistles and a glass jug with some spares readily available to buy. 

I think a blender that fits on the top of Grinders and driven by the bottom burr would be a fantastic idea...

Edited by DavecUK

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

The best blenders are Vitamix or Blendtec but they’re not cheap. I have a Vitamix and it’s amazing, commercial parts will last a really long time and you can make all sorts of things from nut butters to soups and ice creams. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

I think a blender that fits on the top of Grinders and driven by the bottom burr would be a fantastic idea...

I am surprised Niche haven’t thought of it ? ? 

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles  /  1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  /  Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1  /  Kalita wave  /  Stag kettle  /  OCD  /  Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer  /  gold B Plus stirrer  /  Push Tamper  /  Puqpress  /  15g & 18g vst  /  IMS 35μM  /  LDT  /  Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers  /  LW Bean Cellars & Caddy  /  Decent thermometer  /  Acme Evo 150ml cups  /  Espazzola  /  Hottop  /  Acme and Loveramics cups /  embroidered by me bar towels  /  coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  /  in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass  /  6 gorgeous guineas  /  a dog  /  a very lovely and understanding husband 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MildredsBarTowels

14 minutes ago, PPapa said:

While I think your offer is awesome and includes quite few extras, I am not sure I would justify the cost of it. I did a look around and used ones have been sold for £50~60 before ([1][2]) and refurbished ones with 1 year warranty are being sold for £80

I'll need to sleep on it. I am quite torn between Sage Boss To Go which looks decent and seems to address the issues I had with Nutri Ninja and Magimix Le Blender which has few more bells and whistles and a glass jug with some spares readily available to buy. 

@PPapa  Absolutely no problem.  I hope you soon get sorted.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MildredM said:

Didn't Martin from Niche team work for Kenwood? Niche blender might actually look decent where it belongs to, near all the Kitchenaid appliances! 

10 minutes ago, Nopapercup said:

The best blenders are Vitamix or Blendtec but they’re not cheap. I have a Vitamix and it’s amazing, commercial parts will last a really long time and you can make all sorts of things from nut butters to soups and ice creams. 

Yeah I get you, but £300 isn't really going to pay off for a semi-occasional solo use, methinks. 

5 minutes ago, Snakehips said:

@PPapa  Absolutely no problem.  I hope you soon get sorted.

Sorry Snakes. Thanks for the recommendation though! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MildredM said:

The grinder spins too slowly and would fall over with a blender on it...

• Haha 1

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

16 minutes ago, PPapa said:

Didn't Martin from Niche team work for Kenwood? Niche blender might actually look decent where it belongs to, near all the Kitchenaid appliances! 

Yeah I get you, but £300 isn't really going to pay off for a semi-occasional solo use, methinks. 

Sorry Snakes. Thanks for the recommendation though! 

I picked mine up on eBay for less than £200 but they're over £500 new. Like anything it all depends what you're using it for 

Ebay doing %20 off at the moment @PPapa. Try Ao or Hughes direct on ebay to snap up a blender. There are ninja ones  proper jug style (not bullet) for about £120 minus %20 comes about £96, or breville. Have a look mate.

Edited by Inspector
Text added

A Niche that fits onto a kenwood chef to supply the drive would be better & you'd have a blender (& a whole lot more) too.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Funnily enough, I'm also in the market for a blender for smoothies mainly, maybe the odd soup.

Which seem to recommend Sage, and the Nutri-Bullets also seem to get a good write up - anyone have any experience of these?

In the absence of anyone crowd-funding a Niche attachment ? that refurb Magimix looked good value, might warrant further investigation.

My last one was a £30 Daewoo with a glass jug, which still is on the web - was perfectly functional. until the jug cracked! Might just get another one of those, and put the cash towards a PID!

Having received a couple of PMs showing interest in purchasing the Magimix I offered to PPapa, I think it as well to post an update.

The blender is no longer for sale as it has been donated to a worthy charity.

• Like 3