There’s a very good reason why nobody has been able to contribute to this thread. Can you guess what it is?

• Like 1

Sage Duo Temp Pro ++ Sage Smart Grinder Pro ++ Aeropress ++ V60

http://www.bhxcoffee.com

Pop down to Mc D's its going to be nasty but you will appreciate your home set up even more - think your best bet is to buy an aeropress

• Like 1

keep calm and grind flat

@filthynineswhilst am not sure if they still have a café or even what the cup quality is like, other than taking the car option in the day and driving to Rave (Cirencester), Ethical addictions (www.eacoffee.co.uk) have got to be better than McD's. Had some very pleasant Tanzanian beans from them a while back from my daughter. little bit further out from the centre is bella barista's roastery coffee shop at Unit 3, Orchard Business Park, Bristol Road, Quedgeley GL2 4NE Gloucester (nowhere near their other site in Wellinborough!)

Hope of help, failing that, head for Cheltenham :)

John

• Like 1

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 113Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

3 hours ago, jimbojohn55 said:

Pop down to Mc D's its going to be nasty but you will appreciate your home set up even more - think your best bet is to buy an aeropress

All in favour of McD’s for artery-clogging breakfasts, but can’t touch their dishwater!

The aeropress nearly made an appearance but it ended up being left off for lack of time. Next time top of the list!

2 hours ago, johnealey said:

@filthynineswhilst am not sure if they still have a café or even what the cup quality is like, other than taking the car option in the day and driving to Rave (Cirencester), Ethical addictions (www.eacoffee.co.uk) have got to be better than McD's. Had some very pleasant Tanzanian beans from them a while back from my daughter. little bit further out from the centre is bella barista's roastery coffee shop at Unit 3, Orchard Business Park, Bristol Road, Quedgeley GL2 4NE Gloucester (nowhere near their other site in Wellinborough!)

Hope of help, failing that, head for Cheltenham :)

John

Thanks John - Rave a bit too far out for us, but I’ll take a look at the sat nav for the others. How interesting that the coffee shop is a long way from BB!

5 min walk from city centre and you are at Gloucester docks. Couple of cafes there over looking the canals. Gets busy on a  sunny weekend. 

Posted (edited)

Make the trip to Cheltenham for Coffee Dispensary outside Regent's Arcade. Now I've closed my coffee shop in Cirencester, there have been times when I've driven to Cheltenham just for a coffee.

Edited by Barry Cook

Barry

Toys @ work : Wega Concept | Mazzer SJ | Compak K3 | Macap MC5 | Aeropress | Clever Dripper | V60 | Chemex

Toys @ home : Aeropress | kettle

Rave was far too far away for my city centre visit. In the end I did indeed visit the Coffee Dispensary (excellent) and The Find (Coffee not so good, but food decent) in Cheltenham on the way home.

The docks, unfortunately, had little to offer. Coffee Lab looked promising but appeared permanently closed.