Coffee Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage Barista Express.. £200.00 limited time offer..

5K views 41 replies 10 participants last post by  Rhys 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
OK, up for grabs is the popular Sage Barista Express. I bought this for my other half, but after the 'Rave Lever Day' she's now pinched my La Pavoni..
:classic_rolleyes:
/emoticons/rolleyes@2x.png 2x" style="height:20px;" title=":classic_rolleyes:" width="20">

I'm not going to use it myself, but found it that good for what it is I bought 2 (the other was a present for my sister's 50th). I did actually use it for a while when I bought it, and found it quicker to use than my setup on a morning (before buying a timer plug to turn my machine on).

Last owner was @HowardSmith who customised it for stepless grinding (although you need to wedge a penny in, in case it moves)

This one actually grinds better, and produces fluffier grinds in the basket than the other one I bought. I've only used it off filtered water from my Bestmax (I fill bottles and take them to gf's house). I've just gone through a 'Clean Me' cycle. I'll provide some cleaning powder (you don't need a lot) that'll last you for a while.

It comes with all the items shown in the second pic (there is a double basket in the portafilter and the only pressurised one is a double)

48103260968_1e27e5ac0d_c.jpg

48103322872_01b7081124_c.jpg

48103209726_5c6201f0ae_c.jpg

48103209716_54c82486bf_c.jpg

48103322817_1c097169b3_c.jpg

Have a good look at the pics for marks, scratches etc. which are common on used machines, especially on the drip tray.

Asking price: £250.00 (usual price 2nd hand with good history) Now dropping to £200.00 if sold and collected before the end of Wednesday 28th August.. After that the price goes back up

This is collection only.

For the price, I can't believe you can get a better machine that has pre-infusion and a full manual mode (hold button in for pre-infusion, release for full pressure extraction then tap again to end) Also it's volumetric and can be programmed for single and double extractions. It's really just 'Plug & Play' when set up.

I'm not going to post, so don't ask. Been burnt a few times and it isn't happening again (plus I don't have a box/packing.) Also I'm in no rush to sell it, but it's cluttering my kitchen up and I'd rather it go than lose it in my garage.

See less See more
Reactions: joey24dirt
#2 ·
Any interest? Might chuck it on fleabay at the weekend. This is the better one of the two I bought.

#6 ·
Ah man I've just blown £180 on a couple of wood chisels
emoji23.png
emoji85.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can't make coffee with those :classic_laugh:

#12 ·
Can't be bothered with ebay tbh, I'd rather it go to someone on here. Far better than a Gaggia Classic as it offers more and the steaming isn't too bad.

It's a good all round machine that's kitchen friendly and perfect for an office. Fili it with beans and water, plug it in and off you go (after setting it up of course). Only one plug as well.

Only really selling it as I'm looking to buy another camera as I'm off on holiday at the end of August. It's not going to get any more use from me.

#14 ·
I'm still thinking about this. Might re-open the latte locker but I'll have to measure up [emoji106]

Reactions: Rhys
#16 ·
I've got a friend who's been on the lookout for an easy to use machine to get her out of the Nespresso range and I think this would be perfect for her. However get baby's just arrived 2 weeks early so she's a bit preoccupied! Hopefully I can chat with her this weekend and confirm either way.

#19 ·
My friend's interested but apparently needs to prioritize an "oven" for their kitchen, which is not a brand of coffee machine I'm familiar with...

I'll keep bugging her.
Maybe it's a type of coffee roaster.. ?

Reactions: MildredM and jymbob
#20 ·
Shamless bump..

Still sat at home gathering dust. Keep looking at it and wondering what to do with it..

Just to add, for those who can access this sales section without actually posting ( @Tait you may want to investigate this) and decide to PM me with stupid offers, next time I'll just ban you.. For those that have posted an intro and pm'd me, keep to the rules please. :classic_rolleyes:

#21 ·
Shameless bump followed by a shameless offer.

Please don't be offended, but I'd like to offer £150 with the hope you could still get it somewhere near me for a meet up [emoji51]

Like I say don't be offended, it's merely a cheeky offer to see if my luck is in [emoji4]

#22 ·
Shameless bump followed by a shameless offer.

Please don't be offended, but I'd like to offer £150 with the hope you could still get it somewhere near me for a meet up
emoji51.png

Like I say don't be offended, it's merely a cheeky offer to see if my luck is in
emoji4.png

I was actually offered more va pm by someone with no posts (I warned them off btw).. I'm not offended btw, sometimes cheeky offers work, but not this time :classic_laugh:

#25 ·
I'm based near Goole, and also travel to York.

#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Rhys

I'm in Manchester. Do you go anywhere near on the way to York?

I'm Interested in the Sage, currently have a very leaky Gaggia Classic which is genuinely limping along.

Would you consider £200 ?

Many thanks,

Alan

Edit: just looked up Goole. We're at least both at the right end of the country. I could potentially meet you somewhere this side of Leeds.
Well that's a bugger, as I've just driven by Manchester tonight on the way to Chorley and back to pick an ebay purchase.. :classic_rolleyes:

I'll come down to £220 and could possibly deliver. Snowed under with work at the minute so could possibly do Friday after work, on Saturday morning if I'm not working (although I probably will be)

As far as I know there are no leaks or internal problems. Everything works as it should. It's been hardly used while I've had it. If I've got time I'll fire it up on Thursday evening and pull a few shots to give it the once over.

#30 ·
Yes it's still available and no I won't post it.

#32 ·
No Sorry, been years since I went to Cornwall (must go again sometime) :)

#34 ·
Right, I want to get rid so I can have some holiday funds.

Dropping price to £200.00! Caveat is must be sold and picked up by Wednesday evening as I'm off on Thursday.. After that it'll probably go on eBay or stuck in Gumtree etc at a higher price.

Please note, at this price I ain't delivering (plus I don't have time) and forget posting as it's not happening..

#40 · (Edited by Moderator)
Right, I want to get rid so I can have some holiday funds.

Dropping price to £200.00! Caveat is must be sold and picked up by Wednesday evening as I'm off on Thursday.. After that it'll probably go on eBay or stuck in Gumtree etc at a higher price.

Please note, at this price I ain't delivering (plus I don't have time) and forget posting as it's not happening..
Ah. I didn't get that far into the posts. Sorry, I'm in Pembrokeshire.. never mind, he needs a quicker fix bean to cup really.

#37 ·
If this hasn't gone by Wednesday evening I'm taking it off sale as it's been on here long enough, and at a good price.

At this price I'm not a taxi service. You want it, you pick it up. If you've got a car and can't be arsed to jump in it (or too tight to put fuel in) then why should I.

I'm away for a fortnight and when I get back it'll be going on eBay.

#39 ·
Goole? I thought you would live in Llanfairfechan, or Trallwng, or even Newport. Gutted. Anyway £199 if you'll post with insurance to my brother in Devon. I bought him a bargain bean to cup Gaggia from someone on here a while ago but it won't grind finer than ¼ bean size. ☹

#41 ·
Well, 1 day left. I'm up at silly o'clock in the morning to get a job finished. Won't be home until later on. I get email notifications of posts so if anyone wants a last minute bargain.. Thursday morning I'll lock this thread and then I'll be on radio silence for a fortnight..

#42 ·
Time's up. Going on eBay when I get back off holiday :classic_cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.