IGNORED

Is the cleaning cycle just bollocks?

2 hours ago, Wisey said:

@TomHughes @puffin1

to be clear - backflushing - 

is the process of putting the blanking disc in the pf with a tablet/cleaning product in....you run the espresso cycle which ultimately pushes the water around the Machine & will come out when the blank disc is removed & shots run? 

so, I have a blank disc, there is no hole....the sage manual states about the cleaning cycle above but doesn’t use the phrase backflush...see photo below...as you see it doesn’t state about having a basket in just the blanking disc in the pf.......so am I doing this right? 

@TomHughes - I have tested the machine.....did about 6 shots & the machine didn’t get above 90 degrees (shot 6)......shots 3/4/5 stayed around 88

AB1826B2-D323-4A88-AFC2-EE4689AA19E3.jpeg

You have found the reason your shots are rubbish then. 
I’d send the machine back 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi! I'm from Warsaw, Poland and also had the same issue with Bambino Plus. I bought SAGE/Breville Bambino Plus last december (12.2019). I was having a lot of problems with cleaning process. And

As stated above that resets the program.

Funnily enough, our machine just started yesterday with the flashing 200 cup lights. So, today I ran through the cleaning cycle, but this time, I dissolved the tablet first before pouring it over the

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Wisey said:

@TomHughes

so purely because it ain’t getting upto 93 degrees?  

I’ll contact sage directly? 

Yep
If you did it exactly as I said, pre-warmed PF.
Single pressurised basket etc. 
Then 88 is not good enough. 

When it comes to extracting coffee a few degrees can be critical. 89 can taste terrible, 92 can be spot on. 

I wrangled for ages with sourness from my DTP, it could produce a nice shot from a dark roast, but medium to light absolutely no chance.

I think David (Blackcat) roasts lighter than many. The rave italian will be much darker and probably be fine in the DTP.

This seems a common problem with the DTP. Some seem to have been lucky and got a good one!

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd post in here instead of starting a new thread. My bambino which I've had since about May has recently gone cleaning mad! For example this week alone It has entered into cleaning mode with the two flashing lights three times! Now obviously this isn't right but was wondering whether anyone else has had this problem or if anyone else has any potential solutions?

Thanks!

22 hours ago, td2812 said:

Thought I'd post in here instead of starting a new thread. My bambino which I've had since about May has recently gone cleaning mad! For example this week alone It has entered into cleaning mode with the two flashing lights three times! Now obviously this isn't right but was wondering whether anyone else has had this problem or if anyone else has any potential solutions?

Thanks!

I'd call Sage, especially since your machine is so young, their support is pretty good in my experience.

• 3 months later...

Just an update as the OP. I finally finished the original Sage tablets I was slowly crumbing into the cleaning disk for the cleaning cycle (which still weren't completely dissolving) and bought some proper cleaning powder (Urnex Cafiza). The difference is immense, I can now see the cleaning mixture bubbling down into the drip tray and no cleaning powder is left after the cleaning cycle, even though I use more of it than I was previously. I'm confused as to why the Sage tablets are so bad.

I never had any problems with Sage tablets on the BE. Maybe a few tiny bits left. The cleaning disc at that time had the hole mostly for use with the DTP.

If some one wants to use powder I'd suggest adding a bit of water and stirring before fitting the portafilter and running the backflush or maybe run it a 2nd time without any powder so just plain water.

Does anyone know if sage published a corrected version of the user manual to address the cleaning cycle confusion?

Bambino that is

Posted (edited)

@kennyboy993 As far as I know the manual was always fine, if vague/ambiguous, it was the official video linked in the OP that confused me. And the fact that the tablet lay undissolved in the blanking disk.

I note the original video is now unlisted.

Edited by Jamie K
  • Like 1

Ok thanks Jamie.

I think my manual instructs putting the blanking rubber in to the basket and using that during cleaning cycle - which would basically flood the drip tray within a short amount of time

52 minutes ago, kennyboy993 said:

Ok thanks Jamie.

I think my manual instructs putting the blanking rubber in to the basket and using that during cleaning cycle - which would basically flood the drip tray within a short amount of time

Odd but BE again. Manual mentions emptying the drip tray before maintenance and yes water will go into the drip tray as that is where back flush water needs to go. This is using the machines back flush program though. I'd assume they haven't changed that. There are pauses and etc to allow the tablets to dissolve.

2 hours ago, kennyboy993 said:

Ok thanks Jamie.

Yeah that's what mine says too, which is what I do. I don't get flooding, only a very small amount of water back flushes for each cycle.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ajohn said:

The cleaning disc at that time had the hole mostly for use with the DTP.

Add one if you want one. Pin. They dropped the hole some time ago which causes a bit of a problem on a DTP as no 3 way to get rid of the pressure.

@kennyboy993 Yeah mine's the same, a Bambino Plus with no hole in the blanking disk.

Ah cool. I guess the only confusing bit in the manual then is it stating to add a jug under the group

I asked about cleaning cycles ages ago.

someone on here said about the DTP & I can’t remember the terminology but basically saying the cleaning liquid doesn’t actually go up into the machine, so ja must cleans the group head area...

If this is the case what’s the point doing it, why not just take the shower screen etc off and clean? 

Someone more experience please clear up my hazy memories & clarify I am right?