Jensen

Questions about coffee and tea difference

I filled it in but if you're a genuine student, I'm not sure what you're going to get out of it.

A few very vague questions and then 2 very specific ones, which I managed to answer but very few will ( in the UK at least ) doesn't seem to provide any data that you can use.

14 hours ago, cold war kid said:

I filled it in but if you're a genuine student, I'm not sure what you're going to get out of it.

A few very vague questions and then 2 very specific ones, which I managed to answer but very few will ( in the UK at least ) doesn't seem to provide any data that you can use.

It is quite complicated to explain. But thank you for your feedback anyway.

16 minutes ago, Jensen said:

It is quite complicated to explain. But thank you for your feedback anyway.

Try us.  We might understand.

It currently looks like stealth market research on two tea brands.  Happy to complete if you can convince me otherwise

a grinder a lever and some beans

1 minute ago, working dog said:

It currently looks like stealth market research on two tea brands.  Happy to complete if you can convince me otherwise

Yep,

I got 2/3 of the way through and closed it for this very reason.

• Like 1

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

22 hours ago, working dog said:

The survey is about market research and this project is all about Business Innovation for the business course. If you mind, you can skip the last question. Thank you for your input.

2 minutes ago, Jensen said:

The survey is about market research and this project is all about Business Innovation for the business course. If you mind, you can skip the last question. Thank you for your input.

Thanks for the reply but that doesn't answer the question. 

Ive spent many years driving innovation working with company decision makers and struggle to see how you will obtain this through your questions.  You will find that a lot of innovation is already kicking about in someones head.  Its just a case of getting it out by asking far more open questions.

If you can share the specific areas that you are targeting for innovation, maybe we can help.

Maybe I'm over simplifying things, but if you haven't tried those brands, check the box that says you haven't tried those brands. Answer the rest of the survey as per normal, no harm done to anyone? And the OP gets what he needs?

• Like 1

Home 1 -- Melitta Varianza CSP

Home 2 -- Lido 3 & 2012 Gaggia Classic (modded)

Outside -- Porlex mini (modded) & Aeropress

3 minutes ago, Dr Forinor said:

Maybe I'm over simplifying things, but if you haven't tried those brands, check the box that says you haven't tried those brands. Answer the rest of the survey as per normal, no harm done to anyone? And the OP gets what he needs?

For me, I am more than happy to help people in their study or to progress their career.  Far too often there have been posts masquerading as surveys / questions about brands / comments about suppliers which are blatant adverts or surveys dressed up as something that they are not.

Perhaps this one is genuine but it doesn't feel that way,  It asks bland generic questions and then asks about two specific brands.  

The OP hasn't answered the question and their up-chunked reply makes me less convinced that this is genuine.

Maybe am just an old cynic but this just doesn't feel right.

37 minutes ago, working dog said:

Maybe am just an old cynic but this just doesn't feel right.

Ok, if it doesn't feel right, based on the questions that are specific, not much can be gained from us answering it? Meaning if something has been hidden, really, no harm can come to anyone from us answering it?

Home 1 -- Melitta Varianza CSP

Home 2 -- Lido 3 & 2012 Gaggia Classic (modded)

Outside -- Porlex mini (modded) & Aeropress

6 minutes ago, Dr Forinor said:

Ok, if it doesn't feel right, based on the questions that are specific, not much can be gained from us answering it? Meaning if something has been hidden, really, no harm can come to anyone from us answering it?

Youre absolutely right.  No harm can be done by answering it.

It isn't the specific questions that don't feel right, its the whole set of questions.  From my experience they wouldn't provide feedback for innovation.  The OPs response started off as dismissive and then went to high level.  They have provided no tangible reply.

As said earlier - if they can be more specific in the aim of the survey, maybe we can help.  With this sort of survey there has to be a target and the questions should be geared towards that target.  These seem to be scatter gun questions followed by specific questions.

I'm happy to help but need a bit more transparency from the OP first.

Posted (edited)

My views on surveys is that they rarely benefit anyone except the company commissioning so why should I fill them in. For students there are specific site they can use for free to get mutual survey completion etc.. and any student knows this, so why are they asking on a forum? I have put a link below for the students benefit and suggest they do a search on google.

https://www.topuniversities.com/blog/how-get-people-take-your-dissertation-survey

People can and do get money, some marketing companies use this tactic to get people to fill in surveys. So as a rule, I simply don't fill in surveys for people who drop onto a forum with a link.

In fact @Tait why don't you set the forum software so people have to have at least 5 or 10 posts before they can post links, which would help stop a lot of the passport, counterfeit etc.. scammer/spammer posters as well. I used to set my old forum to that and rarely had to worry about spammers.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Really good idea ^^^ no links until you’ve made 10 posts @Tait

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

1 hour ago, DavecUK said:

My views on surveys is that they rarely benefit anyone except the company commissioning so why should I fill them in. For students there are specific site they can use for free to get mutual survey completion etc.. and any student knows this, so why are they asking on a forum? I have put a link below for the students benefit and suggest they do a search on google.

https://www.topuniversities.com/blog/how-get-people-take-your-dissertation-survey

People can and do get money, some marketing companies use this tactic to get people to fill in surveys. So as a rule, I simply don't fill in surveys for people who drop onto a forum with a link.

In fact @Tait why don't you set the forum software so people have to have at least 5 or 10 posts before they can post links, which would help stop a lot of the passport, counterfeit etc.. scammer/spammer posters as well. I used to set my old forum to that and rarely had to worry about spammers.

Thank you for your information. I really didn't think of that there were sites for students to get survey completion. And i am trying that site now. But the survey is not only for getting as many responses as possible, but targeting people from different age ranges, backgrounds so i can get more useful results. That's why i am trying forums.