IGNORED

Any opinions on the Rocket Espresso Mozzafiato Type V

Laura_K

1 minute ago, Laura_K said:

Thanks for all the advice, I ended up going with the Rocket R58! Received it this morning and I'm very pleased, definitely worth upgrading to the double boiler. New grinder next on the list ?

Congratulations on the new purchase! Don't forget to share photographs of your shiny new set up ?

• 1 year later...
On 18/06/2019 at 13:44, Laura_K said:

Thinking of upgrading, currently have the Appartamento which I've really enjoyed. I was wondering whether anyone had any opinions or experience with this model? Thanks!

I know this is an old thread but if you read this, how much better is the steaming on the R58 vs Appartamento? I’m looking to upgrade from a Sage and considering the Mozzafiato as I love the Rocket Looks and brand. 

16 hours ago, EddieT said:

I know this is an old thread but if you read this, how much better is the steaming on the R58 vs Appartamento? I’m looking to upgrade from a Sage and considering the Mozzafiato as I love the Rocket Looks and brand. 

The R58 is no more - replaced by the Cinquantotto but that's like £1,150 more than the Appartamento. Main reason for going dual boiler is better brew temp control not steam power. You also mention the Mozzafiato which is also a Heat Exchanger (HX) machine just like the Appartamento. I've not owned either but fairly close to pulling the trigger on an Appartamento and all reviews say how good the steam power is. The Mozzafiato gets you PID and a Shot timer but if you are splashing that much extra your gonna want to go for the R version for the quieter pump but then you are £600 more than the Appartamento.

• Thanks 1