2 minutes ago, ashcroc said:

It's probably better described as a 42mm basket with big shiulders to fit a 58mm portafilter. emoji16.png
Think it'll be easiest if I send them over to you so you can check the fit as you're going. Will PM after work.

Sounds good I think you are local possibly , If I remember rightly you visit Croydon way ?

• Like 1

Sounds good I think you are local possibly , If I remember rightly you visit Croydon way ?
Only 5 days a week (unless I'm doing overtime). Used to work in Wallington too so not too far away at all.
  • Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Great this, starting to resemble a briar pipe...love it

Gaggia Classic Chrome - Mignon Specialita 55

Re the above request I have been beavering away and come up with this funnel in Cherry wood .. It really helped having the relevant bits to size too . Quite a challenge to get a nice sliding fit for the tamper and the bottom  angle to be tight to the portafilter . We like cherry and a quite enjoyable project .😬🥴😂

0AEACEFF-1A30-4BC4-8A51-C1AB3DD32AB2.jpeg

2C18B67A-E9E3-4D6F-B6C5-0A2097B04F8A.jpeg

DCBD4CE9-2554-46A3-A77B-B4670AFC34ED.jpeg

47A0B0F9-8566-455C-898D-26D4927717E0.jpeg

0290A7C7-DCA7-44DE-BD6C-8B528E9DB5FD.jpeg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Nicknak said:

Re the above request I have been beavering away and come up with this funnel in Cherry wood .. It really helped having the relevant bits to size too . Quite a challenge to get a nice sliding fit for the tamper and the bottom  angle to be tight to the portafilter . We like cherry and a quite enjoyable project .😬🥴😂

0AEACEFF-1A30-4BC4-8A51-C1AB3DD32AB2.jpeg

2C18B67A-E9E3-4D6F-B6C5-0A2097B04F8A.jpeg

DCBD4CE9-2554-46A3-A77B-B4670AFC34ED.jpeg

47A0B0F9-8566-455C-898D-26D4927717E0.jpeg

0290A7C7-DCA7-44DE-BD6C-8B528E9DB5FD.jpeg

Nick, that is awesome work. Seriously impressive and looks ace in cherrywood

• Like 2

Machine - Currently a Londinium R. Grinder - Niche. Tamper/distributor - Puqpress and Pullman Distribution and Big Step Palm Tamper.

1 minute ago, Planter said:

Nick, that is awesome work. Seriously impressive and looks ace in cherrywood

Thanks Mr P .. I will get the cheque in the post 👍😂😂😂😂

• Like 2

Re the above request I have been beavering away and come up with this funnel in Cherry wood .. It really helped having the relevant bits to size too . Quite a challenge to get a nice sliding fit for the tamper and the bottom  angle to be tight to the portafilter . We like cherry and a quite enjoyable project .
0AEACEFF-1A30-4BC4-8A51-C1AB3DD32AB2.thumb.jpeg.b6b308837c2bc1253478c520b24541d0.jpeg
2C18B67A-E9E3-4D6F-B6C5-0A2097B04F8A.thumb.jpeg.95f7eebf0827afe41ebb9fcd4e30d8be.jpeg
DCBD4CE9-2554-46A3-A77B-B4670AFC34ED.thumb.jpeg.ddcb7a3e3d69595346e6f426085d9104.jpeg
47A0B0F9-8566-455C-898D-26D4927717E0.thumb.jpeg.b759a0cbac390c5b6479620821126150.jpeg
0290A7C7-DCA7-44DE-BD6C-8B528E9DB5FD.thumb.jpeg.cc0e28a8c06501736a40473d34a58d96.jpeg
Looks supurb. Can hardly wait to pick it up & test it out. I see alot more single espressos in my future!
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ashcroc said:

Looks supurb. Can hardly wait to pick it up & test it out. I see alot more single espressos in my future! emoji4.png

Thanks Mr A ..having you been missing the singles 😂

• Like 1

Thanks Mr A ..having you been missing the singles

It's not been too bad to be honest. Just went back to a spouted portafilter (only usually use it with a blind basket!) to split the shot if making a 'spro. Mostly have milk drinks or americanos anyway but have a feeling that may change.

• Like 1

Look what I got! Shiny black wood!

Thank you@Nicknak it is gorgeous.19cab66cef7ccb220eda4dfeb2abce4a.jpg

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

It’s great 😁 I want one now! Which grinder to make it for though . . . 

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

47 minutes ago, MildredM said:

It’s great 😁 I want one now! Which grinder to make it for though . . . 

It really is, looks just like the decent espresso funnel but 10 times classier. 

Of course now I want a Blackwood tamper handle as that’s the only thing that doesn’t match!

I can’t use it direct on the grinder yet. I need a set of bench scales first.

• Like 1

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

It’s great I want one now! Which grinder to make it for though . . . 
The Hobart?
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, ashcroc said:

The Hobart? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sorry, you’ll have to speak Up! I can’t hear for the grinder noise 😂

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

3 hours ago, igm45 said:

Thank you@Nicknak it is gorgeous19cab66cef7ccb220eda4dfeb2abce4a.jpg

Oh my, very classy.

• Like 1

Lelit Bianca/Mazzer Major/Several odd cups, one milk jug and a yen to do good latte art/ Four horses/four cats/3 dogs/7 chickens. :o

3 hours ago, igm45 said:

Thank you@Nicknak it is gorgeous.19cab66cef7ccb220eda4dfeb2abce4a.jpg

Now what is that cup made of ? it sort of let’s the side down all dull like ...

• Like 1

Now what is that cup made of ? it sort of let’s the side down all dull like ...

I’m surprised he dared show if in the same photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MildredM said:

I’m surprised he dared show if in the same photo emoji23.png

I know.. it is sooooo bland and I think PLASTIC .. possibly the EazyTamp one .. A Blackwood one would be really nice and very very expensive that size ( cost of wood alone 🤯)  🥴😂😂

• Like 2

I know.. it is sooooo bland and I think PLASTIC .. possibly the EazyTamp one .. A Blackwood one would be really nice and very very expensive that size ( cost of wood alone )  

Plastic? Like a ...... baby’s drinking cup

• Haha 1

I know.. it is sooooo bland and I think PLASTIC .. possibly the EazyTamp one .. A Blackwood one would be really nice and very very expensive that size ( cost of wood alone )  
Would probly be cheaper to make one out of lignum vitae if you could find an old set of woods in a charity shop to turn down.
  • Like 2

😲😳😮😲

Oi you lot! What happened there?

I share one picture of my shiny wood and you judge my cup that holds the wood!

I thought you were better than that, shame on you...

(Starts googling cheapest place to get BW...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ashcroc said:

Would probly be cheaper to make one out of lignum vitae if you could find an old set of woods in a charity shop to turn down. emoji6.png

That is a nice wood , I have a carving mallet made from an old bowling ball 👍.. Might incorporate that into my new strength building regime for the HG-1 🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, igm45 said:

😲😳😮😲

Oi you lot! What happened there?

I share one picture of my shiny wood and you judge my cup that holds the wood!

I thought you were better than that, shame on you...

(Starts googling cheapest place to get BW...)

Well ... really .. 🥴and it sort of doesn’t fit .. 😂😂😂😂😂😂 .. sooooo Sorry 😎

• Like 1

That is a nice wood , I have a carving mallet made from an old bowling ball .. Might incorporate that into my new strength building regime for the HG-1
I love a good repurpose. I can see how the weight & density of lignum would lend itself to a mallet head.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nicknak said:

Well ... really .. 🥴and it sort of doesn’t fit .. 😂😂😂😂😂😂 .. sooooo Sorry 😎

29 minutes ago, MildredM said:

baby’s drinking cup emoji38.png

😤😤😤😤😤

where’s that ‘report post’ button?

Is this the right time to mention that it doesn’t work with my V pf??🤪

• Sad 1