filthynines

EK43 or similar

Not dead set on buying this yet but looking for options. Would prefer it to be within a reasonable distance of Birmingham for ease of inspection and collection. I'm sure one will come along for sale in the next couple of months but worth me throwing this out there.

• Like 1

Sage Duo Temp Pro ++ Sage Smart Grinder Pro ++ Aeropress ++ V60

http://www.bhxcoffee.com

Ha!

Was a darn good deal maybe @RDC8 is passing it on one sunny day...

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

It was! Brand new they're not a terrible price. I did see a refurbed one advertised at 30% extra on top of the brand new price...

There's a chance I might sell mine before long but I'm not ready to decide yet.  I'll let you know if I do.

• Like 1

Home: Ambient Vesuvius, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Could you decide between 23/26 June haha I am local then.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Yep in the for sale area😎

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Cheeky, I like it. 

But this happened when a forum member sold his Niche and bypassed my wanted thread. Worst that can happen is that you make me an offer to buy and I say no - you can then go straight to the FS forum. I don't expect to be given first refusal, but I would really appreciate it if I was having expressed a genuine interest to buy. 

• Like 1

I could beat you the the advert. Unless you get a PM beforehand

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Posted (edited)

I couldn't find the confirmation in the wanted rules but it has always been the case that if someone replies to a wanted thread and puts it up for sale the poster of the wanted thread gets first refusal.

If nothing else it's the honourable/right thing to do.

I'm sure @Glenn can clarify.

As to what happens on pm is another matter. We all know that deals are done on them.

Edited by igm45
  • Like 3

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Not me mate. If your not fast your last.🤣

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

If someone wants to offer me a Monolith then I’ll quite happily sell you mine and I’ll deliver it personally free of charge.

Londinium R - KafaTek Monolith Conical

5 hours ago, filthynines said:

Thanks @dan1502, keep me posted please

Will do

• Like 1

Home: Ambient Vesuvius, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

1 hour ago, Sparkyx said:

If someone wants to offer me a Monolith then I’ll quite happily sell you mine and I’ll deliver it personally free of charge. emoji6.png

I can offer you a Monolith. I can't supply you one though.....

• Haha 2

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

15 minutes ago, igm45 said:

I can offer you a Monolith. I can't supply you one though.....

Let me rephrase that. If someone if willing to SELL me a monilith then I'll part with my EK. 😉

• Like 1

@filthynines due to me being offered a Monolith by a very respected forum member I would like to offer you my EK43. The burr carrier was sent to Titus by a previous owner to be aligned and is running the new style coffee burrs. I estimate it has had less than 60kg through it since new. It also has the volumetric dosing tool which makes single dosing a breeze. I can supply photo's if needed and I will honour my word regarding delivery. The price I'm looking for is £1700.

• Like 3

Thank you very much for bring it to my attention @Sparkyx. Delighted that somebody has given (sold) you what you wished for! I'm replying now to let you know I've seen it, but I'm in the middle of heavy work at the moment and need to get back to that. If you wouldn't mind posting some photos that would be great. Out of interest, in which part of Staffs do you live? I may not be a million miles away... (Feel free to PM the bit about location)

No problem. I live in Cannock so I'm just down the road from you. I will take some photo's now and pass them on to you.

Yes, you are really very very close to me. Funny old world. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Yes, you are really very very close to me. Funny old world. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

As promised, I have attached some photos. There are a few small little chips on the paintwork, which is quite common on the EK’s. Nothing that a black sharpie can’t cover up. (Two on the back and one on the front)

IMG_5820.jpg

IMG_5823.jpg

IMG_5822.jpg

IMG_5827.jpg

IMG_5821.jpg

IMG_5824.jpg

IMG_5825.jpg

IMG_5826.jpg

@SparkyxAll things considered, would you accept £1,650? Subject to me coming to inspect it, payment by Paypal F+F. Suggestions as to when I can come and see it would be good. I'm away Sunday through to Tuesday. 

Split the difference at £1675 and you have yourself a deal?

As far as coming to view, I'm flexible around your schedule so just shoot me a message.

Posted (edited)

£1,675 it is - thanks very much. I'll PM you in a little while about logistics - there's a small chance I'll be around tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed for your Monolith!

Edited by filthynines
  • Like 5

You're very welcome. I'll look forward to it.

• Like 2

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)