johnbudding

Pakt Coffee (yup - with a K!!)

I couldn't see this mentioned anywhere. Another crowdfunded, portable coffee brewing kit that could lighten the wallets of many a coffee fan... 

https://paktbags.com/pages/coffee 

It's a pourover kit with an insulated mug, dripper, and electric (!) kettle. 

The company seems to have a decent reputation having made a popular 'minimalist' travel bag a few years ago, another crowdfund I think that's become something of a cult. We all know how crowdfunding projects can go, but given their track record I'm holding out a bit more hope than some others I've seen; not sure if they will get a UK version out though. 

Keen to hear thoughts! 

Looks interesting, I’ve signed up for email updates.

looks like they do international shipping too.

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

While it could do with a grinder if the electric kettle is capable of running off a car lighter socket, it could be almost perfect for my day to day work drinking.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

9 hours ago, filthynines said:

I foresee a solicitor’s letter in their future.

Haha! I don't think Pact trades in the USA. The name comes from their Pakt bag company, so perhaps an unfortunate cross over. 

Has anyone else considered backing this? I see they're taking orders on Indiegogo now.

I'm seriously considering it. What does everyone else think? Do the wiser folk forsee issues that are not immediately apparent?

LR, ZM

I might if the kettle plugged into a 12v lighter socket but since it's mains I think I'll pass.

There's always a risk with crowdfunding & I just wouldn't get the use out of it.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

They have a track record of bringing a product to market, so that's certainly a plus, but I don't know if I'd really get the use out of it myself. They mentioned interchangeable adapters for the kettle, but I'm sure that's not a possibility with the different voltages. I can see the appeal, and I was certainly tempted when it launched, but I'd gladly sit back and see how others get on before investing my money and being disappointed in the ever shifting deadlines (has anyone backed a project that actually delivered on time?!)