Espression1

Which Espresso Machine should I buy ???

Go to Bella barista and see the machines in person. Pull some shots. Speak to their staff. It'll make the decision much easier.

LR, Niche & a steady stream of beans

1 hour ago, working dog said:

I love these posts.

New member asks for advice but has already limited themselves to one brand.  Then the recommendations come in, based pretty much on what they own.

Standard forum behaviour almost everywhere.  More often than not the first post should be 'I want one of these, please validate my decision'.  Which is fine, but not what people say....

• Like 2

Sage DTP | Santos #4

1 hour ago, working dog said:

I love these posts.

New member asks for advice but has already limited themselves to one brand.  Then the recommendations come in, based pretty much on what they own.

It staggers me that people will buy an expensive bit of kit based on others recommendations.

My twopenneth, fwiw.  Go and see the machines in the flesh.  Play with them and the grinder. See which works best for you / which makes the best coffee for you.  Is there something that you cant live with about  a machine ?

Fracino are ok machines.  Ive owned one but wouldn't buy another.  They make coffee but the finish isn't great, the resale value is low and they don't tend to sell quickly.

Read the advice, consider buying used equipment from the forum and make your choice.  If you've already made your decision, enjoy your machine.

I would argue that @DavecUK's opinion is fairly well informed due to the fact he owns/has owned a lot of the machines stated/suggested, and beta tests a lot of them as well. If I were to really consider an opinion off anyone it would be him. If someone has asked for advice, then people only really feel qualified to comment on their own machine, as it wouldn't be fair for them to suggest others and potentially badmouth them, without having ever used them.

Although I do agree that they should see the machines in the flesh and have a feel and a proper look. If you want milk drinks, dual boiler & a big steaming boiler. If you want a lever, you want a lever. There is countless threads on this topic about "What machine shall I buy" where people have offered recommendations and are just getting blatantly ignored/undermined because the poster already has their heart set on a specific machine. If that's the case, go and buy it, and then come to here for advice on that machine, and when you find out it's not what you wanted, complain and upgrade then.

• Like 1

The poster made rather odd posts all the way through. He covered the domestic range from small to large, prices, rebadged grinder. Finally finishing on some deal site I have never heard of where you can buy one even if it's not listed. I suspect we won't hear too much more from them.. ...

• Like 2

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

6 hours ago, Cooffe said:

This is a very interesting post...

Is it standard when people ask for advice, get advice and then completely ignore advice given? As has been stated before, Fracino aren't known for build quality and temp. stability. Why on earth, after hearing these two downfalls (arguably two of the most important characteristics an espresso machine should have), you would still go for it, I don't know. This also seems sketchily like a Fracino plug/advertisement.

I have to agree with this, the op's posts are all over the place.

Lelit Bianca/Mazzer Major/Several odd cups, one milk jug and a yen to do good latte art/ Four horses/four cats/3 dogs/7 chickens. :o

3 hours ago, DavecUK said:

The poster made rather odd posts all the way through. He covered the domestic range from small to large, prices, rebadged grinder. Finally finishing on some deal site I have never heard of where you can buy one even if it's not listed. I suspect we won't hear too much more from them.. ...

Completely agree, very odd series of posts.........

Lelit Bianca/Mazzer Major/Several odd cups, one milk jug and a yen to do good latte art/ Four horses/four cats/3 dogs/7 chickens. :o

5 hours ago, Mobycoffee said:

A good grinder is the most important!

And you have a  graef.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

And you have a  graef.
Sometimes it takes owning not so good stuff to realise the importance of quality!

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Posted (edited)

Aaaand, OP has never been heard from again....

Spoiler

I just wanted to find out what the eye symbol did

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

I sell Fracino machines and have used one for the last 11 years with very little drama! Well put together machines and I can highly recommend the redesigned Heavenly  - lovely machine,  Give me a shout if you are interested in one and I can give you a very competitive Forum price! 😃

https://thecoffeebean-vanandroaster.co.uk/

[email protected] 

Toper Cafemino - Fracino Contempo Dual - Fracino K3 - Piaggio Ape............fresh beans!:)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I sell Fracino machines and have used one for the last 11 years with very little drama! Well put together machines and I can highly recommend the redesigned Heavenly  - lovely machine,  Give me a shout if you are interested in one and I can give you a very competitive Forum price! 😃

Aimed, fired and missed. It was just a decoy Andy, like those duck quack things you blow down....no duck there. ;)

Edited by DavecUK
  • Haha 1