Espression1

Which Espresso Machine should I buy ???

Hello all !!!

Being an avid drinker of Espresso's, I've recently been on the lookout for a decent Espresso machine and Fracino has some very nice one's which have caught my eye.. any suggestions / recommendations from any owners here ?? would be a great help before I spend my hard earned cash ! It's the domestic type I'm looking at as well.. so, like the Piccino (like my profile pic) or even the Little Gem or Cherub.. Heavenly by Fracino would be great and looks very nice too.. suggestions of where to buy as well people please ?? anyone ?

What's your budget for machine and grinder, will you also make milk drinks?

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Hey yeah, thanks for your comment..

I will be looking to buy one for milk drinks - I like being able to choose and offer this as an option to guests.. so, yeah the combo machine is more of an appeal.

Let's talk numbers .. £££ .. I'm fairly flexible to cost, nothing more than £2k and nothing less than £1k so, anything inbetween, it has to be durable and robust but at the same time stylish and hot ! I really like the idea of buying something 'British Made' - like I said in my introductory post, the Fracino brand is the sure winner for me being that they are the only UK manufacturer of these coffee machines.. Their Heavenly model is very nice - not sure if this is a combo machine or not though ?? - and I'm a first time buyer and see that they use 'distributors' to sell their products - so who can I trust ? 

Thanks again for relating 'DaveC' your input is appreciated !!

EspressiOn1

Hi @Espression1

Welcome to the forum, have you given any consideration to a grinder?

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Hey yeah, thanks for your comment..
I will be looking to buy one for milk drinks - I like being able to choose and offer this as an option to guests.. so, yeah the combo machine is more of an appeal.
Let's talk numbers .. £££ .. I'm fairly flexible to cost, nothing more than £2k and nothing less than £1k so, anything inbetween, it has to be durable and robust but at the same time stylish and hot ! I really like the idea of buying something 'British Made' - like I said in my introductory post, the Fracino brand is the sure winner for me being that they are the only UK manufacturer of these coffee machines.. Their Heavenly model is very nice - not sure if this is a combo machine or not though ?? - and I'm a first time buyer and see that they use 'distributors' to sell their products - so who can I trust ? 
Thanks again for relating 'DaveC' your input is appreciated !!
EspressiOn1
British made and hot.. you must be referring to the Londinium R ;)

Seriously though, check it out. Gorgeous lever machine but only a touch over budget. There have been a couple sold on here second hand recently.
Otherwise there have been a couple recently reviewed by Dave which offer serious bang for buck, Lelit Bianca and ACS minima. The Bianca looks very nice in my opinion.
  • Like 2

LR - Ceado E37S; Baratza Preciso; Aergrind; Comandante MK3 - Syphon & V60 - patience

32 minutes ago, christos_geo said:

Londinium R

Yes, that is one beautiful beast ! lol

Seriously though I have looked at the Lelit and their machines are too erm.. square ??

I'm stuck on the Fracino brand - I just fell in love with the Heavenly when I first saw it.. prices ?? well I'm sure I can get it for less than £1200 somewhere.. any suggestions people ??

Thank you 'igm45'

You are right ! what is a perfect Espresso without a decent Grinder ?

Any thoughts on this too from anyone here would be most welcomed to hear.. I am quite impressed by the Fracino brand who I have yet to buy anything from them.. so, any comments from anyone who has bought one of their grinders or machines is most welcome here too.

I think they have quite a varied selection of both grinders and espresso machines.. just that their prices vary a little across a few distributors who seem to be running the sales side for them..?

Cheers to the perfect double !

Espression1

Here we go, elephant in the room...

Fracino are not particularly highly regarded by most on here.

You will get a lot more for your money elsewhere.

What’s wrong with Fracino? Not temperature stable, poor build quality, not innovative.

I know that’s not what you want to hear but hey ho.

• Like 2

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Londiniums are also built by Fracino, but I assume designed by Reiss (Londinium) and uses higher end components. My Londinium R certainly doesn’t feel cheap.

Grinder wise, it depends on what you drink and how often you’d like to change types of beans you drink.

A £2k machine arguably requires a more than a decent grinder. Have a look at Mahlkonig (65S maybe?), Compak, Ceado... a grinder is just as important as a machine, if not more.

Posted (edited)

Don't forget you need jugs, scales, coffee, tamper and all other things 2k will get you a pretty good set up. I am not knocking Francino but your budget passes that criteria. And what part of Manchester.

Edited by Jony

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

I own a Fracino Classico and really like it, Buying at rrp you probably have better options but if you can pick one up at a discounted rate there isn’t many other options that offer better value for money. If you want to spend a bit more just remember the grinder is just as important, niche zero’s are around £500 and probably the most highly regarded grinder that is worktop friendly at that price.

Fracino Classici Vs ACS Minima, I would choose Minima every time!

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

At £1200 I agree, classico is available at £850-900 though and makes it a more difficult decision but I suppose the budget is there

51 minutes ago, KTD said:

At £1200 I agree, classico is available at £850-900 though and makes it a more difficult decision but I suppose the budget is there

ACS Minima is still an immeasurably better machine for not that much more. If the issue is you can only spend 900...sure you get what you can, if you can stretch that little bit more it would be madness not to because of features/performance offered by the Minima.

• Like 1

He says budget is 2k some Minima, Niche, and £300 on coffee and other stuff.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Not sure if budget is £2k plus grinder.

If so I’ll throw in ECM mechanika. Beautiful machine and although HX is super temp stable - and can be plumbed.

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

I have the Rocket Appartamento, I've had it for 2 1/2 years and I must say I'm very happy with it :) I use it alongside a Eureka grinder

Well, it looks like I started something on here !! lol

Thanks for everyone's comments and interest in this.. it's been interesting and insightful.. much to the point where I have decided to just go for it and buy one ! So, I've been trawling the internet for a decent combination of both an espresso machine and grinder with all the barista extras thrown in if possible..? and to keep it within 2k (in answer to Kennyboy993)

On 15/06/2019 at 11:53, kennyboy993 said:

Not sure if budget is £2k plus grinder.

I've seen a few prices but nothing that grabs me, like delivered as a package deal.. apart from maybe one (back to the 'Heavenly again by Fracino) who has a fairly new store on Bonanza ?? anyone else bought from here ?? looks similar to eBay ? anyway, I've put a best offer in on their Heavenly machine with a Luxomatic Grinder and all the Barista accessories for no more than £1800, which they say they have but just not currently listed.. I'll come back and tell you all if they accept my offer. 🤪 

Some people don't take info on board.

• Like 2

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

This is a very interesting post...

Is it standard when people ask for advice, get advice and then completely ignore advice given? As has been stated before, Fracino aren't known for build quality and temp. stability. Why on earth, after hearing these two downfalls (arguably two of the most important characteristics an espresso machine should have), you would still go for it, I don't know. This also seems sketchily like a Fracino plug/advertisement.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Did you try Coffee Italia :exit:

Edited by MildredM
  • Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Is it standard when people ask for advice, get advice and then completely ignore advice given? As has been stated before, Fracino aren't known for build quality and temp. stability. Why on earth, after hearing these two downfalls (arguably two of the most important characteristics an espresso machine should have), you would still go for it, I don't know. This also seems sketchily like a Fracino plug/advertisement.
The thought had crossed my mind re Fracino or whatever the site he bought from plug...
  • Like 2

Ir's surprisingly common unfortunately. Some people ask for asvice to validate their opinion then totally disregard what others say if/when it doesn't match their thoughts.
  • Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Some people need to make an obvious mistake before they will learn. 

Minima ma ma ma Eureka Zenith

I love these posts.

New member asks for advice but has already limited themselves to one brand.  Then the recommendations come in, based pretty much on what they own.

It staggers me that people will buy an expensive bit of kit based on others recommendations.

My twopenneth, fwiw.  Go and see the machines in the flesh.  Play with them and the grinder. See which works best for you / which makes the best coffee for you.  Is there something that you cant live with about  a machine ?

Fracino are ok machines.  Ive owned one but wouldn't buy another.  They make coffee but the finish isn't great, the resale value is low and they don't tend to sell quickly.

Read the advice, consider buying used equipment from the forum and make your choice.  If you've already made your decision, enjoy your machine.

• Like 3

a grinder a lever and some beans