Johnny Rogerson

Sage oracle descaling problems.

Hi everyone 

can anyone help me?, I live in Scotland where we really don’t have a problem with hard water. My Oracle is leaking water and making gurgling noises, I have phoned Sage and I was advised to descale the machine. I have done everything by the book, empty right hand screw first then the left hand screw, then when I start the descale process the machine gets to about 17 or 16 on the screen then the machine knocks all the power off in the house. I have tried quite a few times to do this but the same problem happens, even when flushing the descaling solution out of the boilers. I got an electrician out at the cost of £70 and he tested socket and trip fuse box, he says the machine is faulty. My machine is going away to be repaired but Sage seems to think that this is user error!, the electrician and myself tried the machine in another socket, bang the same thing happened again. My machine never ever gurgled but now it does it all the time when it’s switched on, I have about 5-6 cups of coffee a day and have owned the machine for just short of 2 years.

can anyone advise me on this if at all possible.

One of your o rings on top of the steam boiler will be leaking. Had it happen on my dual boiler.

Sage Dual Boiler. Baratza 270. Sage Smart Grinder Pro. 18g Vst ridgeless. Motta Competition Tamper 58.4mm. Aeropress.

A machine which trips the house electrics should never be 'user error' unless the user has been fiddling about inside the case.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

8 hours ago, Craig-R872 said:

One of your o rings on top of the steam boiler will be leaking. Had it happen on my dual boiler.