Great effort and generosity

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Absolute gentleman, Paul.

Don't often see that kind of generosity on forums. Nice one

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Gaggia Classic Chrome - Mignon Specialita 55

very belated update to this saga.

I finally moved house and on Monday Paul and I managed to liaise for me to pick up the Mythos.

Since I got it home I've changed the burrs (I had an idea that the burrs might be worn and they were), taken the front tamper off and given it a clean.

I've dialled in a few different coffees now but it's not that easy to single dose. I have been looking at solutions like lens hoods and puffers but haven't come to any form conclusions yet.

I have to say the espresso coming out is a totally different from the Sette 270Wi I've been using. The mouthfeel and body is just so smooth and silky. I'm even enjoying my wife's decaf - the first time I've truly enjoyed decaf in my life.

It is big, I would love to make it a bit smaller but I'm not sure I could do that without making it very ugly. My wife doesn't mind the size but she said it looked a bit knackered - fair point tbh. 

Anyway, thanks again to @paul whu 

He's a lovely chap and really went out of his way for me, a complete stranger. Warms the heart!

IMG_20191104_154140.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

She does look a little tired but I reckon with a new lick of pain she would look lovely again. 

• Like 1

I will get the case resprayed if I keep it, would make it look a look more palatable.

Does someone on here cut down the hopper and make wooden lids?

I will get the case resprayed if I keep it, would make it look a look more palatable.
Does someone on here cut down the hopper and make wooden lids?
Think@jimbojohn55 has in the past.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

2 hours ago, ashcroc said:

Think@jimbojohn55 has in the past.

Jim does indeed do these and they look superb 

EB4B55A5-89D6-4EBF-8359-FFFE30C5B692.jpeg

AKA Toffee chips

Jim does indeed do these and they look superb 

EB4B55A5-89D6-4EBF-8359-FFFE30C5B692.thumb.jpeg.4cca33b8c31c7fb91fdf8c9afac22790.jpeg
That's a lovely coffee (grinder) table you have there!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)