rob177palmer

£200 mythos - be quick!!

I was sorely tempted to buy this 2 months ago when he was trying to get 550 for it. Obviously just wants shot of it now

Contacted him and he's happy to package it up for posting.

Concerned it's a bit overkill for home us though - looks pretty massive!

• Like 2

It IS big but you can make it prettier and if it is in good order internally you will enjoy the tastes it brings to the table

You can chop the hopper easily and take off the front metal tamper - slums and reduces the visual impact massively. Hope you get it.

Just had a chat with my wife and she's not too concerned with the size 'as long as it looks ok'.

As I'm going to take the tamper off the front I guess I'll have to do some work on it and see.

If it doesn't pass the aesthetics test I think it would be pretty easy to get my money back.

• Like 1

I've got a mate who does custom bike resprays so if I could take the panels off I could get him to refinish them in any colour or design we wanted.......

Sounds like we have a budding refurb thread on or hands!

Also someone on here is using one without a hopper, just taping down the weight based switch and using an aeropress hopper to single dose.

Buying a new low profile hopper would cost more than the grinder itself 🤣

That will be me! (you will also need a glass tube under the aeropress hopper into the throat of grinder.... (I'm happy to post up a pic if needed - makes more sense I suspect)

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

Just had a chat with my wife and she's not too concerned with the size 'as long as it looks ok'.
As I'm going to take the tamper off the front I guess I'll have to do some work on it and see.

If it doesn't pass the aesthetics test I think it would be pretty easy to get my money back.

Aye, one step at a time! Compak R120 on the bench next. You need to condition people around you
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, PPapa said:

Aye, one step at a time! Compak R120 on the bench next. You need to condition people around you emoji13.png

Yeah well the seller has gone very quiet so I'm thinking I might not get my bargain Mythos

The seller has totally ghosted me so I won't have a new grinder project 😭

• Sad 1

Here you go - second time lucky :)

Looks great condition and same thing - take off the front tamping gubbins, chop the hopper, maybe trim the excess metal from the front (now said gubbins removed), and you have a Niche-sized grinder...ish!!

http:// https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-kitchen-appliances/nuova-simonelli-mythos-1-coffee-grinder/1343083455

Just an update to this.

Last week I had a message out of the blue from @paul whu. He had been slightly slower off the mark than me seeing the advert, so when he heard back the seller said he already had a buyer.

The next day the seller told him his buyer (me) had pulled out, and further to that, he could deliver the grinder to Paul the very next day!

Understandably he said yes, and true to his word the seller turned up with the Mythos in good working condition, in exchange for £200.

Paul had no idea about my efforts and being ghosted by the seller until he came upon this thread. At which point he messaged me, and has offered to deliver the grinder to me the next suitable time he's in London (it won't be a while yet as my house move is taking forever).

We've spoken on the phone and he's a lovely chap, and I just wanted everyone to know what a lovely gesture he has made. 

Thanks again @paul whu you are a true gent! 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant,

bravo @paul whu!

@Bainbridge let us know how you get on...

• Thanks 1

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Wow. Big thumbs up to Paul whu

• Thanks 1

LR, ZM

Wahoo!

How weird but frankly superb to hear this has turned out so well.

That is incredibly kind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a lovely guy

Londinium R - KafaTek Monolith Conical - Versalab M3

Even better, we are on for that refurb thread you promised!

1 minute ago, rob177palmer said:

Even better, we are on for that refurb thread you promised!

Pressure is on now!

3 minutes ago, rob177palmer said:

Wahoo!

How weird but frankly superb to hear this has turned out so well.

That is incredibly kind

Isn't it just. 

Blimey I'm blushing!!! Glad it's all worked out well!!

• Like 19

Now this is what this forum is all about!

Well done Paul!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

L1, EK43, K30, Torr Titan, VST.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)