fatboyslim

LSOL June - Kiss the Hippo [London]

Posted (edited)

There's good news....and there's bad news.

The good news is that I am preposterously excited about this month's roaster. Having just sampled the two choices we have, either one could easily go down as one of the best LSOLs ever! The bad news is....that this will be my last quarter running LSOL. It's been a great 2 years but it's time to move on. There will be a separate thread on my succession so please keep enquiries about taking over to a minimum in this thread. If you're interested in having a go at running LSOL keep your eyes open for the announcement.

On to the coffee. There is a lot of hype around Kiss the Hippo and from the samples they've sent me it's easily justified. They roast exactly on point for my tastes and seem to have a great selection of coffees. Learn more here https://kissthehippo.com/blogs/pages/our-approach

Let's be clear, these coffees are expensive so guest slots are going to be £25 for 500g delivered (definitely cheaper than buying direct). I will try to bring the price down before we finalise everything but I can't guarantee. What I do guarantee is that you'll be getting the sort of coffee I really want to serve up for LSOL. A stonking juicy banger of a coffee.

The coffee will be dispatched w/c 17th June. Please add your forum name below if you would like to join:

Cheers! FBS

[P.S. it's not too late to re-subscribe if you were thinking to drop out for this quarter]

Edited by fatboyslim
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Really looking forward to this one! Thanks so much @fatboyslim for all your hard work, it's very appreciated. :)

• Like 1

Gaggia Classic / Aeropress / V60 / Niche Zero / Wilfa Svart / Feldgrind

1 hour ago, fatboyslim said:

There's good news....and there's bad news.

The good news is that I am preposterously excited about this month's roaster. Having just sampled the two choices we have, either one could easily go down as one of the best LSOLs ever! The bad news is....that this will be my last quarter running LSOL. It's been a great 2 years but it's time to move on. There will be a separate thread on my succession so please keep enquiries about taking over to a minimum in this thread. If you're interested in having a go at running LSOL keep your eyes open for the announcement.

On to the coffee. There is a lot of hype around Kiss the Hippo and from the samples they've sent me it's easily justified. They roast exactly on point for my tastes and seem to have a great selection of coffees. Learn more here https://kissthehippo.com/blogs/pages/our-approach

Let's be clear, these coffees are expensive so guest slots are going to be £25 for 500g delivered (definitely cheaper than buying direct). I will try to bring the price down before we finalise everything but I can't guarantee. What I do guarantee is that you'll be getting the sort of coffee I really want to serve up for LSOL. A stonking juicy banger of a coffee.

The coffee will be dispatched w/c 17th June. Please add your forum name below if you would like to join:

1. AmandaH 

Cheers! FBS

[P.S. it's not too late to re-subscribe if you were thinking to drop out for this quarter]

• Like 1

(Tidy up)

1. AmandaH

• Like 1

The coffee will be dispatched w/c 17th June. Please add your forum name below if you would like to join:

1. AmandaH

2. Bainbridge

• Like 1

The coffee will be dispatched w/c 17th June. Please add your forum name below if you would like to join:

1. AmandaH

2. Bainbridge

3. Abs

• Like 1

Awesome. Looking forward to this 

• Like 1

1. AmandaH

2. Bainbridge

3. Abs

4. MildredM

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

It's possible that all previous subscribers weren't included in the renewal message due to this wonderful new forum.

If you were in last quarter and want to renew but haven't received a message then feel free to pay in the usual way but send me and Daren a PM.

Cheers

• Like 5

Any more takers? This is definitely going to be one of the best LSOLs ever!

• Like 1

Any more takers? This is definitely going to be one of the best LSOLs ever!
I'll hold you to that
Can someone add me?

Are they Omni roasters by the way?

1. AmandaH

2. Bainbridge

3. Abs

4. MildredM

5. fluffles 

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, fluffles said:

I'll hold you to that emoji16.png
Can someone add me?

Are they Omni roasters by the way?

Yeh, I've been assured it's a great espresso, and it's definitely a winner as filter.

Edited by fatboyslim

Is it possible I could have a guest slot please? Would be great to try these.

Thanks

• Like 1

Niche Zero, Lelit Bianca, Claris Ultra filter, Torr Tamper with NickNak handle, BT Wedge distribution tool, Felicita ARC scales, MildredM towels. Fully converted by Coffee Forums UK.

1. AmandaH

2. Bainbridge

3. Abs

4. MildredM

5. fluffles 

6. Nick1881

• Thanks 2

Could someone please add me too?

Cheers

Eric

Slayer One Group ; Versalab M3/4

1. AmandaH

2. Bainbridge

3. Abs

4. MildredM

5. fluffles 

6. Nick1881

7. EricC

8. Junglebert

• Thanks 2

Any more takers? It's a stonker!!

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

I’ll take a bag.

• Like 2

Beans>Grinders>Machines

1. AmandaH

2. Bainbridge

3. Abs

4. MildredM

5. fluffles 

6. Nick1881

7. EricC

8. Junglebert

9. Rakesh

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

1. AmandaH

2. Bainbridge

3. Abs

4. MildredM

5. fluffles 

6. Nick1881

7. EricC

8. Junglebert

9. Rakesh

10. Snakehips

Edited by Snakehips
  • Like 1

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

1. AmandaH

2. Bainbridge

3. Abs

4. MildredM

5. fluffles 

6. Nick1881

7. EricC

8. Junglebert

9. Rakesh

10. Snakehips

(can't change font size???) Keep adding names if you want to join.

Just a heads up, we'll be collecting payments before the weekend. I think we need to keep guest slots at £25 to make this viable but that price is definitely cheaper than buying direct from them (should be more than a 15% discount).

• Like 1

Final chance to get on board - we will be closing down the guest slots this evening and payment instructions will be sent to those lucky enough to have got on the list.

Get your name down quickly if you want in on the action.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

Posted (edited)

Bring it on! I can’t wait

606418C9-1C51-49D5-B590-7003700A7B48.jpeg

Edited by MildredM
  • Like 4