AJSK66

Difference between Mignon versions

Can anyone help a newbie understand the difference between the different Mignon versions?

I'm looking on bellabarista and I see the Filtro for £189, Silenzio for £299 and Specialita for £359.

This will be my first grinder. Initially I'll be using it with a moka pot but eventually I'll go for a good machine like the Lelit 62 once I've saved up enough on the side, so I've decided to jump to a good grinder straight off the bat that will work well with the machine in the future. Any help is appreciated!

Filtro- designed for french press/pour over

Silenzio - 50mm burrs suitable for espresso 

Specialata - 55mm burrs suitabile for espresso, with touch screen

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Thank you! Other than the touch screen which is a bit irrelevant to me, is the burr size difference very significant?

The filtro doesn't look like it is designed to grind for espresso. So, not really an option for when you get an espresso machine.

The Specialita has larger burrs than the Silenzio

“Coffee evokes the most insane reactions in people”, Rene Redzepi.

https://markwjburness.wordpress.com/

I have the Specialita and, although I wasn't looking for a digital touch screen, I find that I really like having it. Really pleased with the machine overall, so quiet compared to my old Gaggia MDF . 

Fracino Heavenly, Eureka Mignon Specialita 16CR, Gaggia MDF, Espro 58mm Tamper, Bialetti, Aeropress, Oomph, V60, French Press, Puck Puck cold brew widget, Pinarello bikes!

I’m considering the Specialita but wonder how long the LCD screen will last before failing.  Fine if it’s in the first 2 years but can these parts be replaced after this? Alternatively I could go for the Manuale Basic at £239 which would give a similar grind result, although the burrs are slightly smaller. I guess this works as just off and on with no timer?  I’m finding it tough to make a decision!

36 minutes ago, Caffeine fan said:

I’m considering the Specialita but wonder how long the LCD screen will last before failing.  Fine if it’s in the first 2 years but can these parts be replaced after this? Alternatively I could go for the Manuale Basic at £239 which would give a similar grind result, although the burrs are slightly smaller. I guess this works as just off and on with no timer?  I’m finding it tough to make a decision!

Dont expect the timer on either of these to give you a truly accurate dose. 

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

So maybe the basic version is best & weigh the ground coffee before putting it in the filter basket?

I have a mk2 & use it on manual all the time so wouldn't miss the lack of a timer.
I've never played with any of the new range though so couldn't comment on whether the LCD display & 10% larger hurrs of the specialita would be worth the extea cost.

Laissez les bons temps rouler