Tait

Please Switch Dark Roast Theme

I'm on "Dark Roast" (possibly the old version) - but can't see any "Theme" link anywhere...

I have "Privacy Policy" and "Contact Us"  but they're bottom left, and nothing else that even looks like "Theme" near them.

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

However - Too much is never enough!

15 hours ago, Tait said:

I've made the Hessian Sack the default and knocked it back by 30%. I announced earlier today that midday tomorrow I'll be removing that theme. It never worked in the first place and everyone should be moving off of it - it was a manual attempt at overriding a light theme but it wouldn't have been upgrade proof or manageable so it's got to go. Meanwhile, I'm happy to keep working on the "Dark Roast".

That's as near perfect as I could wish for - thank you. Also thanks for reinstating the "New Posts" facility. I use it all the time.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

17 minutes ago, MildredM said:

I’m having to get my eyes tested. I’ve found it hard looking at the Cream on brown but just thought it was my eyes emoji851.png

I stay on top of my eye tests. No stronger prescription of glasses is gonna fix this!

• Like 1

LR, ZM

I stay on top of my eye tests. No stronger prescription of glasses is gonna fix this!

I do too. It’s only 9 months since my last test.
  • Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

1 hour ago, Les996 said:

I think I was the only one who liked the white! 

I cannot find change option either but think @Tait is working on themes at the moment! Hope the white option will come back :)

I liked the white too.

now I seem to have this awful brown colour and I’m clicking on the new themes to change it but nothing happens

tut tut tut 

Posted (edited)

OK,,so cos I had my iPad portrait I couldn’t see any difference.

now I’ve got it landscape I can see the themes work, but all they do is change the border of the screen.

are we now stuck with this awful brown page colour?

I feel like I’ve been transported back to the 70s 

At least before, people had the option of choosing the page colour,,,,every time I visit I feel it’s gone 1 step forward and 2 steps back 

Edited by Jumbo Ratty
Wanted to add more

Can I assume that none of us on Dark Roast can change themes now?

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

However - Too much is never enough!

14 minutes ago, MrShades said:

Can I assume that none of us on Dark Roast can change themes now?

Hope not, I am tucking it behind another page on my desktop at the moment 😐

Vesuvius • Hario VST-2000B • Distributor • Push Tamper • Niche Grinder

2 hours ago, Fez said:

The white on brown text just doesn't work for me. To the point where it makes my eyes uncomfortable.

Yeah, it's not ideal. I don't really see the need to make the theme that brown. I'd suggest the Dark Roast theme be a dark theme with dark grey as the main background rather than brown. If you got one white theme and one dark grey/black, you got most bases covered. Especially when browsing the forum late at night, I prefer dark colors on the monitor.

The Dark Roast theme could be generally black and dark grey, but with details in brown if need be. Black backgrounds and white (or #CCC) text is easy on the eyes and easy to read.

Is it just UFT or are lots of posts getting posted more than once?

• Thanks 1

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Is it just UFT or are lots of posts getting posted more than once?

I am seeing multi posts too. @Tait !
  • Thanks 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

1 minute ago, MildredM said:

I am seeing multi posts too. @Tait !

...I thought it was my eyes 🤩

• Haha 1

Vesuvius • Hario VST-2000B • Distributor • Push Tamper • Niche Grinder

36 minutes ago, Zephyp said:

Yeah, it's not ideal. I don't really see the need to make the theme that brown. I'd suggest the Dark Roast theme be a dark theme with dark grey as the main background rather than brown. If you got one white theme and one dark grey/black, you got most bases covered. Especially when browsing the forum late at night, I prefer dark colors on the monitor.

The Dark Roast theme could be generally black and dark grey, but with details in brown if need be. Black backgrounds and white (or #CCC) text is easy on the eyes and easy to read.

I'll probably do a poll for this to get a general consensus. I appreciate the input!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jumbo Ratty said:

OK,,so cos I had my iPad portrait I couldn’t see any difference.

now I’ve got it landscape I can see the themes work, but all they do is change the border of the screen.

are we now stuck with this awful brown page colour?

I feel like I’ve been transported back to the 70s 

At least before, people had the option of choosing the page colour,,,,every time I visit I feel it’s gone 1 step forward and 2 steps back 

I'll do a few temp options of darker colours and then I'll do a poll about it to canvas opinion. Keen to get the best match around the community.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tait said:

I'll do a few temp options of darker colours and then I'll do a poll about it to canvas opinion. Keen to get the best match around the community.

White page has to be an option,,,,,not just 3 shades of brown.

• Like 2

I was using the white background with the brightness turned down. Struggling with the brown.

Londinium I / Monolith Conical / Macap MC4 / Cormorant CR600 Roaster

Ok, just accessed the forum today and I've gone from the white background to brown.  I don't know what theme it is, but can't find the 'Theme' button.

Lelit Bianca/Mazzer Major/Several odd cups, one milk jug and a yen to do good latte art/ Four horses/four cats/3 dogs/7 chickens. :o

3 minutes ago, Obidi said:

Ok, just accessed the forum today and I've gone from the white background to brown.  I don't know what theme it is, but can't find the 'Theme' button.

Maybe missing right now because he's working on stuff. It was at the bottom of the page earlier today. Usually located all the way at the bottom on forums.

• Thanks 1

I'm working on some bigger issues usability issues right now. I'll keep tweaking the theme once they're completed. In the mean time let's talk about coffee.

• Like 1