Tait

Please Switch Dark Roast Theme

Hi all, please can I ask that you switch the "Dark Roast" theme instead of "Initial Dark Roast Theme (Deprecated) by Monday midday GMT. Some reports of things not working properly are specific to that theme and the new "Dark Roast" is a much better experience.

Please select the top choice in this menu if your background is all canvas.

image.thumb.png.4303524ddd6b053d456479131ded8b77.png

Afterwards, if you would like canvas again you can use the background chooser icon in the header here:

image.thumb.png.0f7dff2c8aea9a9600f6777f2fea729b.png

Monday midday I'm going disable the broken theme so please either switch before that or be aware that the theme will be reallocated to the Dark Roast theme then! Thanks

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Could we fix the dark roast so that the top bar is not fixed? It makes it unusable for me as it blocks half the screen.

Edited by the_partisan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, the_partisan said:

Could we fix the dark roast so that the top bar is not fixed? It makes it unusable for me as it blocks half the screen.

It' been mentioned. :-)

• Thanks 1

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Just a note to say you won’t be able to see the Theme button if you have your background set to white on the initial Dark Roast Theme. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

What size screen or device are you using? Can I see a screenshot?

On my radar. Only does this on desktop and some views.

Please fix the deprecated Dark Roast theme. The new one doesn't do it for me at all. Too much distraction in the side bars/background. The hessian BG in the older version is fine. This is on a 1920 x 1080 PC monitor. At the very least please knock the brightness of the background down to about 30%.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

The fixed top bar is annoying for me as well as I'm currently using a smaller screened laptop, and the background pic is a bit distracting.

• Thanks 1

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Rhys said:

The fixed top bar is annoying for me as well as I'm currently using a smaller screened laptop, and the background pic is a bit distracting.

You can choose from a few different backgrounds.......

BUT you ar stuck with the f*cking fixed header blocking that bit of the screen...... actually blocking the screen!!! All the text and  stuff actually gets hidden behind it!! No really.... Not only is it fixed thus losing some of the screen it actually hides stuff..... 

Edited by Drewster

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

1 hour ago, Drewster said:

You can choose from a few different backgrounds.......

BUT you ar stuck with the f*cking fixed header blocking that bit of the screen...... actually blocking the screen!!! All the text and  stuff actually gets hidden behind it!! No really.... Not only is it fixed thus losing some of the screen it actually hides stuff..... 

Not as of 5 minutes ago. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rob666 said:

Please fix the deprecated Dark Roast theme. The new one doesn't do it for me at all. Too much distraction in the side bars/background. The hessian BG in the older version is fine. This is on a 1920 x 1080 PC monitor. At the very least please knock the brightness of the background down to about 30%.

I've made the Hessian Sack the default and knocked it back by 30%. I announced earlier today that midday tomorrow I'll be removing that theme. It never worked in the first place and everyone should be moving off of it - it was a manual attempt at overriding a light theme but it wouldn't have been upgrade proof or manageable so it's got to go. Meanwhile, I'm happy to keep working on the "Dark Roast".

• Like 2

5 hours ago, the_partisan said:

Looks like that's working ok now.

Have switched over but am still getting the annoying white screen between pages (win10, edge) which I did not and do not get if switch back to deprecated or light version, suggesting something in the new dark roast taking longer to load?

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 113Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

8 minutes ago, johnealey said:

Have switched over but am still getting the annoying white screen between pages (win10, edge) which I did not and do not get if switch back to deprecated or light version, suggesting something in the new dark roast taking longer to load?

John

Not sure if I understand but you can change the background to black etc. 

F4F253C3-931A-46B0-B634-C6AF6838CC30.jpeg

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Hi @MildredM

Is not the background it is something in the theme itself that takes longer to load than the other two themes thus introduces a "delay page" before the screen "draws" itself correctly.

Have tried the black background and still get the white intervening page so now back to hessian on the new Dark roast. The white intervening page absolutely causes eye strain as there is such a change in brightness that find myself looking away from the screen when changing pages so clearly something not yet sorted.

Hope explains

Fed up again John

• Sad 1

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 113Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

Yes top header isn't fixed anymore, thanks!

I can't deal with the dark roast theme on my phone and now the option has disappeared to switch it back @Tait

• Thanks 1

LR, ZM

I think I was the only one who liked the white! 

I cannot find change option either but think @Tait is working on themes at the moment! Hope the white option will come back :)

• Like 1

Vesuvius • Hario VST-2000B • Distributor • Push Tamper • Niche Grinder

I really hope so too. I've tried not to complain about the new forum as I appreciate the changes will be for the best in the long run but the dark theme is too much 

LR, ZM

I can't deal with the dark roast theme on my phone and now the option has disappeared to switch it back @Tait

Hey Fez, what is up with the Dark Theme for you?

Thank you, that theme(look) is bearable.

BR

GaggiaEnthusiast

Buying expensive equipment won't make you barista!

Odd thing is, in my profession I have screens wrapped around me so you would think the white would be overpowering...but it suits my environment :)

Vesuvius • Hario VST-2000B • Distributor • Push Tamper • Niche Grinder

10 minutes ago, Tait said:

Hey Fez, what is up with the Dark Theme for you?

The white on brown text just doesn't work for me. To the point where it makes my eyes uncomfortable.

• Like 5

LR, ZM

12 minutes ago, Les996 said:

I think I was the only one who liked the white! 

No you weren't!  It was the only one I found usable.  I find the white text on brown much harder to read.  @Tait, please can we have the white back as an option? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Heligan said:

No you weren't!  It was the only one I found usable.  I find the white text on brown much harder to read.  @Tait, please can we have the white back as an option? 

Me too 

• Like 1

I’m having to get my eyes tested. I’ve found it hard looking at the Cream on brown but just thought it was my eyes