Ant38

Gaggia Classic tripping RCD when I go to pump water

Hello, new to the forum and after a bit of help! My classic is tripping when I go to pump water. I thought the solenoid valve might have been leaking so have done a full strip and service on it, (and the rest of the machine) but it’s still tripping when I go to pump water. The boiler warms up fine etc. Any ideas as to what the issue may be? Guessing it could be the water pump? 

Thanks

Ant

you sure its the machine and not the circuit being fragile? Sometimes kettles and microwaves can trip circuits.

Pretty certain, never had an issue before and no issues when using kettle, toaster and dishwasher all at the same time.

thanks

ant

When you did a full strip down did you get the boiler really wet at any point - I was warned about keeping it dry as the insulation absorbs liquid and can cause issues.

On the off chance anyone has a similar problem I was able to figure out it was the solenoid causing the issue. Did this by running water through the wand (don’t think it uses the solenoid for this) and found it didn’t trip anything. Replaced the solenoid and it’s all running fine. 

Ant 

• Like 3

On the off chance anyone has a similar problem I was able to figure out it was the solenoid causing the issue. Did this by running water through the wand (don’t think it uses the solenoid for this) and found it didn’t trip anything. Replaced the solenoid and it’s all running fine. 

Ant 
Thanks@ant38.

Frustratingly I have just encountered this problem this morning. Like you it trips on pressing pump but not on steam then pump so presumably the same issue. A quick Google search and I might try dismantling and cleaning the solenoid later.

Jack