samjg60

Beans with low caffeine content (but not decaf)

Does anyone know if there are any coffee beans out there that naturally have a fairly low caffeine content, rather than being decaffeinated in the processing stage?

Not sure who has any at the mo. But the Laurina from Brazil has a very low caffeine content . 

There are places that do half and half roasts too ( Decaf and Non ) 

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, samjg60 said:

Does anyone know if there are any coffee beans out there that naturally have a fairly low caffeine content, rather than being decaffeinated in the processing stage?

Hi

I went to Barn Berlin recently, and instead of decaf they were serving a low caffeine varietal bean called Laurina.

Tasted good,  . . . . . unlike their service !

https://thebarn.de/collections/beans/products/laurina-lowcaf

Edited by JKK

__________________________________________/////EK43////EXP DB/////

On 28/05/2019 at 19:30, JKK said:

Hi

I went to Barn Berlin recently, and instead of decaf they were serving a low caffeine varietal bean called Laurina.

Tasted good,  . . . . . unlike their service !

https://thebarn.de/collections/beans/products/laurina-lowcaf

I've heard from quite a few people about how bad the service is at The Barn!

I think this is a hard thing to find but yeah the Lauria is supposed to be lower caffeine.

Why not make your own half and half blend, it's not rocket science.

Ian

Minima ma ma ma Eureka Zenith

As mentioned there’s Laurina beans from The Barn - I think they mentioned they were on with a new Lot of these today. We really like it :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely give the Laurina a try.

Another low caffeine bean from Barn:

https://thebarn.de/products/aramosa-honey

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Why not make your own half and half blend, it's not rocket science.
Ian

I guess depending on the luck of the ‘scoop’ the 18g of beans you put in to the grinder may well have large variations in caffeine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

I guess depending on the luck of the ‘scoop’ the 18g of beans you put in to the grinder may well have large variations in caffeine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shouldn't be a problem if you're single dosing & mixing the blend each grind.
  • Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler