1 minute ago, MildredM said:

Careful now . . . . 

😋

lol was going to say lots of...buffing ;)

• Confused 1

Vesuvius • Hario VST-2000B • Distributor • Push Tamper • Niche Grinder

1 minute ago, igm45 said:
23 minutes ago, Nicknak said:
Somethings .. new and shiny 
87C5D010-3289-4369-9B14-A75F72586575.thumb.jpeg.94125727071dbf35712082e7e32c15fa.jpeg

How do I make mine that shiny?

You could buy a lathe and accessories and some polishing mops etc etc .. I would be more than willing to do it for you .. I was experiments while waiting for some measurements and tried some polishing mops they came up a treat .. Feel a bit guilty I didn’t try it on yours .. You know my address if you want .

• Like 1

While waiting for oil to dry ...  I thought I’d try something for my La Pavoni .. Made with a bit of old window frame ..

CB02FEBD-D5FF-479A-8ED8-282BA042A10F.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice but won’t it be a bit draughty at yours tonight?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

I have all around the house looking for bits of wood 🥴

• Haha 1

Hi Nicknak,

Would it be alright to contact you about a full set of olive wood knobs and handles for a La Pav Stradaveri?

All of this stuff looks amazing!

La Pavoni Stradaveri, 2x Aeropress, 2x Feldgrind

30 minutes ago, DougalMcGuire said:

Hi Nicknak,

Would it be alright to contact you about a full set of olive wood knobs and handles for a La Pav Stradaveri?

All of this stuff looks amazing!

Please do. ..  very polite 😁

Father Christmas been early in the form of @nicknak

The quality is stunning and fit perfect

The photos don’t do them justice - the grain comes through lovely in the flesh.

IMG_0041.thumb.jpg.8c0eb02374bf3f3edcca356334b1f367.jpgIMG_0041.thumb.jpg.822460cc68919a9704bd565a4e49ea0a.jpgIMG_0041.thumb.jpg.04d3135ad4824f9a4f48c1663a6ca575.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

Wow! It looks SO smart @kennyboy993 😁 

What a talent we have in @Nicknak and others too, on our forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Glad you like them Kenny .. They are a challenge getting everything the same , angle right and the cut outs for the other bits to fit  into ..

Its really good to see them on the machine 😁 .. Thanks to @igm45 allowing me to keep hold of his original handle and toggle .. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, kennyboy993 said:

Father Christmas been early in the form of @nicknak

The quality is stunning and fit perfect

The photos don’t do them justice - the grain comes through lovely in the flesh.

IMG_0041.thumb.jpg.8c0eb02374bf3f3edcca356334b1f367.jpgIMG_0041.thumb.jpg.822460cc68919a9704bd565a4e49ea0a.jpgIMG_0041.thumb.jpg.04d3135ad4824f9a4f48c1663a6ca575.jpg

Looking mighty fine Kenny.

Out of interest what are the steam/water arms your using?

• Like 1

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Thanks Ian. That’s a V steam arm with a water spout at the end.

I have a rocket Giotto water wand ordered from BB which is shorter otherwise exactly the same.

I’m a plumbed in regular user of the hot water - I couldn’t get a mug under the original wand.

Live and Let Live

IMG_0041.jpg

Another shot in a different light - the dark wood compliments the black niche well I think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Live and Let Live

4 minutes ago, kennyboy993 said:

IMG_0041.jpg

Another shot in a different light - the dark wood compliments the black niche well I think

It looks very posh now 😂

• Like 2

It really does look great 😁 

• Like 2

IMG_0041.jpg

Last one - to show quality of the grain

• Like 3

Live and Let Live

1 hour ago, kennyboy993 said:

IMG_0041.jpg

Last one - to show quality of the grain

Very nice @kennyboy993 a lot better with the dark wood 👍

• Like 1

Vesuvius • Hario VST-2000B • Distributor • Push Tamper • Niche Grinder

I found a few logs in one of the sheds and set about them with the chainsaw .. One was a piece of Yew and the other I think is from a Eucalyptus tree .. Had them over ten years ..428F3706-E8C5-47C8-9DCF-026EFF497432.thumb.jpeg.344f5284bd870948b1afc5e251047fb2.jpeg

Then had a play to see what they look like ..1B0492C3-C869-4B07-BA21-9FA938DE0F7A.thumb.jpeg.42389901beb23cc038beca2673e8fa11.jpeg

• Like 7

Sometime ago someone asked about Walnut Marzocco handle and then bought one ...I found someone walnut and had ago .. I think it’s a little  fat in the body but copied from a picture .. A nice shape though 😬

5AF140B9-867C-416A-B7BA-5675B45B6BD4.jpeg

• Like 3

Sometime ago someone asked about Walnut Marzocco handle and then bought one ...I found someone walnut and had ago .. I think it’s a little  fat in the body but copied from a picture .. A nice shape though
5AF140B9-867C-416A-B7BA-5675B45B6BD4.thumb.jpeg.586831ff004affe15a602f4c69eee000.jpeg
Always said the LM handles needed to be nicer. Especially when I had the LMLM. They were too plasticy and basic. That looks significantly better.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Machine - Currently a Londinium R. Grinder - Niche. Tamper/distributor - Puqpress and Pullman Distribution and Big Step Palm Tamper.

A Nice piece of London Plane arrived today as well .. Unusual grains pattern and finishes well .

70E38E80-1957-4087-937A-B5DC2C2207BF.jpeg

AD583C46-BDBB-404C-9753-7B1AF5B95F25.jpeg

• Like 3

Sometime ago someone asked about Walnut Marzocco handle and then bought one ...I found someone walnut and had ago .. I think it’s a little  fat in the body but copied from a picture .. A nice shape though
5AF140B9-867C-416A-B7BA-5675B45B6BD4.thumb.jpeg.586831ff004affe15a602f4c69eee000.jpeg
Looks good. What did you do with the rest of the baluster?
  • Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

9 hours ago, ashcroc said:

Looks good. What did you do with the rest of the baluster? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji12.png

Walnut baluster that would be posh .. (is that how you spell ,better check..yes it is 🤓) ..I do have about 30 spindles and stair parts in Pine sitting under the stairs waiting to be fitted ☹️.They have been there quite a few years since I fitted the new stairs 😬

The baluster .......7EE2906A-1725-4241-B243-6E9F41A4B74F.thumb.jpeg.d8b09cd5894340220227bcf66f38f481.jpeg

• Like 4

@Nicknak would you be able to make a portafilter stand similar to the niche one but without the hole in the bottom in either walnut or blackwood? If so, would you be kind enough to PM me with cost?

Londinium R - KafaTek Monolith Conical - Versalab M3