I thought I would start my own thread as I have a few bits I have been asked to do . Also those that are not interested can ignore it .

The first handle here is for a Vesuvius, made out of Blackwood . It is very hard but machines well and the picture is of it sanded to 600 grit with no finish . A bit of research is needed into what finish will be used as the wood is dense and has natural oils . On the internet it is suggested to sand up to 2000 grit and polish ..

A19D63D6-8AF4-4A3B-9696-1F065E123197.jpeg

F3B719BB-CBCF-455F-B3E1-7323DB727F89.jpeg

• Like 6

Fantastic! Can’t wait to see where this leads 😁 

I finished mine with Osmo oil. A light wipe in the evening, buff up in the morning. I’ve been doing this every few days and they are coming along beautifully.

• Like 2

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

4 minutes ago, MildredM said:

I finished mine with Osmo oil. A light wipe in the evening, buff up in the morning. I’ve been doing this every few days and they are coming along beautifully.

It will lead to a Vesuvius perhaps 🥴😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It looks great!

Are you able to make the Vesuvius joystick and brew handles also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

2 minutes ago, kennyboy993 said:

It looks great!

Are you able to make the Vesuvius joystick and brew handles also?

Thanks Kenny .. The picture is from a PF .. Next on job list is the three toggles . Is that what you meant ? If yes I am going to give it a go . The Blackwood is so hard I’m going to thread the wood and give that ago .Softer woods I’d make a brass insert for them .

• Like 1

Yeah that’s right - steam, water and brew handle

Can’t wait to see how they turn out!

I’d be up for that if they look as good as Mildred’s

• Like 2

Live and Let Live

1 minute ago, kennyboy993 said:

Mildred’s are made from Thuya Burr very exotic and the timber is very expensive . But if money is no object look up Snakewood 🤑🤑🤑

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nicknak said:

Mildred’s are made from Thuya Burr very exotic and the timber is very expensive . But if money is no object look up Snakewood 🤑🤑🤑

@Snakehips in the morning? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

He needs some ..... It’s the only way to out do @MildredM 😂

• Haha 2

Where genius leads, others follow - but not @Snakehips The very idea 😂

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

2 minutes ago, MildredM said:

What have you started M ? Nobody likes anything else now ..

No volunteers for snakewood though 🤣.. I’m surprised you didn’t ? It would be very very exclusive ..

• Haha 2

Just now, Nicknak said:

What have you started M ? Nobody likes anything else now ..

No volunteers for snakewood though 🤣.. I’m surprised you didn’t ? It would be very very exclusive ..

a "one off" so to say

• Like 2

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

I’m in..... let’s help nicknak get a bigger order of this exotic material.

It’s so......... Mildred!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Live and Let Live

35 minutes ago, kennyboy993 said:

No pressure there then @kennyboy993 😯

• Like 2

Ahem . . . 

2B7BFFBC-1D6D-4A3B-82BA-E8C97B1E0C47.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ha ha more than one pf handle done - you are so extravagant!

• Haha 1

Live and Let Live

I’ve got a shed full of English hardwood .. My wife is getting the hump .. What are you buying that for . You’ve got loads of it the sheds and garage 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It could end badly when £60 worth of Thuya burr ends up as guinea pig bedding 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hasi said:

@Snakehips in the morning? 

1 hour ago, Nicknak said:

He needs some ..... It’s the only way to out do @MildredM 😂

52 minutes ago, MildredM said:

@Hasi @Nicknak @MildredM

Oi!!!!   I got a bone to pick with you lot!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Everyone is falling into n love with snakeswood

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

AKA Toffee chips

1 minute ago, Snakehips said:

@Hasi @Nicknak @MildredM

Oi!!!!   I got a bone to pick with you lot!!!!

I'm not into wood turning, so won't pick your bone to begin with! 😂 but thanks for the offer... :whistle:

• Haha 1

says Hasi.

2 hours ago, MildredM said:

😂😂😂

says Hasi.

14 minutes ago, coffeechap said:

Everyone is falling into n love with snakeswood

Oy! Hands OFF!!!

when ive used Blackwood it works well with Danish oil, then a top wax but osmo polyx is a good bet as well - ive used it for my new oak worktops in the kitchen and its standing up well, trick is to use  osmo wood protector first for extra water resistance https://www.osmouk.com/sitechaptern.cfm?bookid=Products&chapter=82&page=254#4006

It sits deep in the wood to prevent water ingress or water stains 👍

• Like 2

keep calm and grind flat

@jimbojohn55 thanks I’ll have a look at that ..

• Like 2