Coffee Forums banner

EK 43 Dosing cups

4K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  PPapa 
#1 ·
Looking to purchase a decent dosing cup for my Ek, been looking at the Artisan Smith ones, which seem to do the job, but bit of a faff coming from Australia and are made to order apparently, according to their website, with a 2-3 week wait.

Is there anything else out there which is worth a look?

#4 ·
Looking to purchase a decent dosing cup for my Ek, been looking at the Artisan Smith ones, which seem to do the job, but bit of a faff coming from Australia and are made to order apparently, according to their website, with a 2-3 week wait.

Is there anything else out there which is worth a look?
Cocktail shakers etc, Not sure what makes that Aussie Cup " precision " or why it needs to be made to order. I use to use a old small milk steaming jug at one point :)

#5 ·
Wine tumblers do work as well, but they do have a welded bottom which can be difficult to clean. I've been using a mini cocktail shaker bottom which does work wonders.

I keep meaning to get an Acaia one, but there's *something* that stops me from getting one. I wonder what!

#6 ·
Wine tumblers do work as well, but they do have a welded bottom which can be difficult to clean. I've been using a mini cocktail shaker bottom which does work wonders.

I keep meaning to get an Acaia one, but there's *something* that stops me from getting one. I wonder what!
If its the same Acaia as the scales, I can just imagine what's stopping you..

I will check it out though, that's what the excitement of new kit does to you!

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well I coughed up a whopping £44.00 and I have a very nice Acaia dosing cup in my possession, its a lovely product, is it worth £44.00?

Probably not, however it will be the only dosing cup I will buy, I'm telling myself I saved on the Acaia scales by shopping about , so it's cost £10 ish...

A complete bargain!

However, the scales are yet to arrive..

#18 ·
Well I coughed up a whopping £44.00 and I have a very nice Acaia dosing cup in my possession, its a lovely product, is it worth £44.00?
Probably not, however it will be the only dosing cup I will buy, I'm telling myself I saved on the Acaia scales by shopping about , so it's cost £10 ish...
A complete bargain!
However, the scales are yet to arrive..
Did you get it from espresso solutions?

Looking forward to your user experience!

#25 ·
I've been playing with one for last day or so... here's some thoughts and quick snaps.

27ce2ec0befe5e6ce0221c3b47b1d89a.jpg

It's quite hefty (75g), much smaller than Niche cup and feels much sturdier and easier to use if you asked me.

ee7cee7bd394aa249e61f9a439fe279e.jpg

Mini cocktail shaker on one side, tamper on the other!

The opening is 52mm rather than 58, but it allows quick flip over and the lip rests nicely in the basket. I would still WDT regardless.
bd0aa2a0327af397eb1cc2dd2b5d5ee9.jpg

Link to eBay:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202714425173

Shipped from Ireland via Hermes for £13 in total, so not bad overall. I dare to say, possibly best £13 spent on any coffee gear (apart from BPlus WDT tool, but that was tad more expensive methinks?).

I usually find quality gear worth the premium, but I have a feeling this is going to be hard to beat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.