MildredM

New Look Forum!

6 minutes ago, MildredM said:

So far I have had nursing homes, deaf aids, Jeeps and a kitchen company who we used for our kitchen cabinets! I’m worried I will get tempted by Nespresso . . . 

Now we know what’s going in the gap , a Nespresso ..I can block for signature..😇

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MildredM said:

So far I have had nursing homes, deaf aids, Jeeps and a kitchen company who we used for our kitchen cabinets! I’m worried I will get tempted by Nespresso . . . 

So they are sort of targeting people’s needs then ..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Which all suggests that this is now being run as a business and not a community forum. I am not sure what expenses you incur, after internet costs and the cost of hosting the framework for the forum. Anyway, as stated, the new look (and seemingly new rules, especially around bloat advertising) do not appeal one bit to me....

@dfk41 Yours are the same thoughts I have had .. So the donation button has now become a subscription to stop the ads .

I use the All Activity button .. and it is noticeable how quiet the forum is at the moment if you discount the discussions over the new format ! 

I will stick around as I like it here and it’s the only web based activity I can be bothered with  , but I can see how it would put people off .

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ashcroc said:

I'll gladly take your list over the inappropriate carp I'm getting!

Screenshot_2019-05-22-10-54-16.png

Is there something we should know @Ashcroc 😁 😁 😁 

(I didn’t try and click on it, honestly)!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

1 hour ago, Tait said:

Hi Ronsil, which badges are you looking for to show up i'll check

2000 Club + Super Supporter.  Thanks for looking

Ron 

11 hours ago, dfk41 said:

Which all suggests that this is now being run as a business and not a community forum. I am not sure what expenses you incur, after internet costs and the cost of hosting the framework for the forum. Anyway, as stated, the new look (and seemingly new rules, especially around bloat advertising) do not appeal one bit to me....

My thoughts . . . If Tait runs the forum with a passion for creating something good, the time he puts in can’t be free for ever. My plumber earns £38 an hour! Why shouldn’t the investors show some form of return. He’s already mentioned the Google ads will be hidden to forum supporters, he hasn’t mentioned a fee as such and while I have no idea what anyone has ever donated speaking for myself I have paid in far less than the eBay fee would have been on even one machine sale. The value the forum represents is phenomenal. 

As long as Tait keeps listening and addressing the issues as identified I personally am happy to give him my full support. I don’t want to see Google Ads but if they have to be here then keep them to the foot of the page so they don’t irritate us regulars! Having said that, we should be used to ads - they are on FB, TT, loads of Apps and every which way you look these days. 

I really hope all the regular forum users keep posting, you are what make the forum what it is - a well of information, support, banter, humour and somewhere to 'be' when I don’t think much to being in the real world 😁 

• Like 3

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

1 hour ago, coffeechap said:

I am getting those adverts as well, really annoying, I get why you have to do this to keep up revenue @tait however some folk contribute to the forum In many other ways than just financial and the constant ads might drive some of those folk away!

you better get your wallet out then... :D

2 hours ago, Tait said:

What was the advertising policy you're referring to? I'm planning on making it so people who've donated in the current year won't see those ads. We have to get the increased bills paid but I'll find a good balance of looking after the core community.

• Like 1

btw, inserting quotes to an existing post is ACE!!!

Just click the quote button and it appears where your cursor was 👌

No biggy but still not showing my badges & signature🙄

Ron 

1 hour ago, ronsil said:

No biggy but still not showing my badges & signature🙄

Not sure if they are disabled Ron because you are a moderator? Anyway those of us that have been around a while know you are a legend

• Like 1

AKA Toffee chips

It is coming along a treat now @Tait thank you  😁

Things to tweak:

Signatures not legible again DR Skin

Going to last page of a thread, it doesn’t load (I couldn't get to p3 of this thread, in fact I can’t navigate to any page of some threads)

Reinstating photos

Some badges missing

Certain google ads not suitable ;)

Location not visible

And something else but I’ve forgotten now !

@MildredM I have just been looking at your pictures of Minty on the dog lovers bit .. How do you load pictures  ? because whatever you do and have done has kept your pictures from disappearing??? I know it’s not because you are special 😀

46 minutes ago, Nicknak said:

@MildredM I have just been looking at your pictures of Minty on the dog lovers bit .. How do you load pictures  ? because whatever you do and have done has kept your pictures from disappearing??? I know it’s not because you are special 😀

It’s so easy on this new forum!!!!!! Never thought I’d be saying that a couple of days ago!

Here, look . . .

DC241F19-F32F-4F23-86A4-68391DACE519.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Nicknak said:

Hold on a minute, did someone say 'you are special'? You are very dear too, NN!!!!!!

• Like 1

you may also just copy/paste into the text window, very handy!

If you've uploaded to Tapatalk, they're stored on TT servers and linked to CFUK. Maybe that's how some survived... 

• Like 1

oh wow, just figured you can collect multiple quotes all across different threads the site over by simply clicking '+' symbol below a post to more or less add to your cart. 

• Like 3

Out of curiosity, is anyone running fullscreen without loads of real estate either side being blank? Is there a setting to stop this?

Oh my, double quotes! Whatever next 🙈

6 minutes ago, Hasi said:

oh wow, just figured you can collect multiple quotes all across different threads the site over by simply clicking '+' symbol below a post to more or less add to your cart. 

I can’t make it work!!

2 minutes ago, MildredM said:

I can’t make it work!!

28 minutes ago, MildredM said:

Ahem . . . 

2B7BFFBC-1D6D-4A3B-82BA-E8C97B1E0C47.jpeg

33 minutes ago, MildredM said:

Yes, I’ve been getting that too. I’ve got a list of jobs for Tait somewhere  on another thread ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grumpydaddy said:

Out of curiosity, is anyone running fullscreen without loads of real estate either side being blank? Is there a setting to stop this?

Noticed that at the weekend when on PC. It seems to be set up for an old style square monitor.

I've worked around it on other forums by zooming in on my browser (ctrl+ if on windows, think there's a right mouse click way of doing it too) so it fills the screen horizontally.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Screenshot_20190522_220035.thumb.jpg.239735be7ffb351d6b35de6948da08fa.jpg

hit that + and then a pop-up shows.

you can browse on and hit random +es on any other post in any other thread 😂

when you're done collecting, click/tap 'quote x posts' and they'll appear as a reply to the thread you're currently in

Yeah @ashcrocI can do that using a slider on Vivaldi but it seems odd changing tab to CFUK and all the print being Large.

Related to phones use I expect or possibly Google telling us what to do maybe

1 minute ago, grumpydaddy said:

Yeah I can do that using a slider on Vivaldi but it seems odd changing tab to CFUK and all the print being Large.

Related to phones use I expect

Not too sure about the phone use as the mobile version of the page is different.

There should be a plugin or code somewhere that'll tell the forum to 'fit to screen' but it's probably far down rhe 'to do' list if it's on it. For me, getting things like the old photos back would take priority.

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler