MildredM

New Look Forum!

1 minute ago, ashcroc said:

It's much better. Thank you!

+1 and it blends in with parts of our home interior, so me checking for updates might go completely unnoticed 😇

• Haha 2

Just now, Tait said:

Actually, this wasn't really available for anyone who wasn't an Admin @Rhys. I've now made it available to members but it's in "beta" meaning you may find some issue with it. Please report any graphical weirdness to me and i'll sort it.

Oops.  .:classic_tongue:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

@Tait  in quotes, names appear in black on a dark grey header bg

6 minutes ago, Tait said:

Actually, this wasn't really available for anyone who wasn't an Admin @Rhys. I've now made it available to members but it's in "beta" meaning you may find some issues with it. Please report any graphical weirdness to me and i'll sort it.

Seeing who somebody is quoting is a bit tricky in dark mode. 

Screenshot_2019-05-21-22-34-04.png

• Thanks 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

1 minute ago, ashcroc said:

Seeing who somebody is quoting is a bit tricky in dark mode. 

Screenshot_2019-05-21-22-34-04.png

That's what I meant 🤦🏼‍♂️

Posted (edited)

The quote title line is a bit hard to read - black on dark grey, but otherwise i may be tempted for the darker roasted post...:good: 

edit: the edit post button "Save" is in orange and the Cancel button is hard to see, and if you select Cancel, the warning is white on white ... so a little over stealthy fo mere mortals...

Edited by Agentb

I'm really coming round to the new layout.

Taking a while but I'm really enjoying it.

The 'clincher' for me is the 'Dark Mode'.- Just like my beans😋

• Haha 1

Ron 

So do we think it’s best to do away with Tapatalk? It seems totally screwed up now

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Sage bambino plus & smart grinder

@SkateReclaimCreate

So do we think it’s best to do away with Tapatalk? It seems totally screwed up now

Mine seems fine. Had to log out and in, and I deleted all the old notifications to start again. Since then it’s been okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2000 - Krups Vivo + Whittard hand grinder

2010 - Gaggia Classic + Iberital MC2

2017 - ECM Mechanika IV Profi + Niche Zero

Aeropress / V60 / Puck Puck / Cafetière / Moka Pot / Ibrik (كـَنـَكـَة) / Lido E

1 minute ago, richwade80 said:

Mine seems fine. Had to log out and in, and I deleted all the old notifications to start again. Since then it’s been okay.

I’ll give that a try 👍

• Like 1

@SkateReclaimCreate

10 minutes ago, joey24dirt said:

I'm still using it to receive noyifications etc but on the whole I'm mainly browsing via the web as unable to quote on TT at the minute.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, joey24dirt said:

No!!!! Can't loose Tapatalk!!!

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

After deleting and adding again, I’m still having stuff mixed up

e5004f0828a2bb773c3209c04bf267a1.jpg

Pictures from postie thread put with other random threads.

• Confused 1

@SkateReclaimCreate

Messaging in Tapatalk seems to be broken 😬

It's a disaster for me.

Any ideas???

Screenshot_20190522-072741.png

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

6 minutes ago, Daren said:

Messaging in Tapatalk seems to be broken 😬

It's a disaster for me.

Any ideas???

Screenshot_20190522-072741.png

Same here. I'm ok replying to a PM through tt but can't srart a new PM.

Thanks for reinstating our badges @Tait 😁 

• Thanks 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Hopefully my Badges will re-appear soon? @Tait

Also what about 'sigs'? - Still working on it?

Ron 

9 hours ago, Rhys said:

So, who's trying the new 'Dark Mode' skin? (selectable at the bottom of the page)

Now, that's much easier on the eye. Report post / share / post No top right of each post are not very visible in MS Edge on Windows 10 Pro.

John

• Thanks 1

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 106Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

My go to tab is New Posts. Click on a post, read it, comment etc, back button and the page is instantly refreshed with any new posts and minus the one you’ve read. Excellent 😁 😁 

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

@Tait  

Thank you for the dark theme.

Arguably better to be confused and in the dark than blinded by the light. ;)

Has the banner advertising policy changed?

I am seeing an annoying, (to me at least), targeted,  Google Ad banner below the first post of each page.

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

2 hours ago, ronsil said:

Hopefully my Badges will re-appear soon? @Tait

Also what about 'sigs'? - Still working on it?

Hi Ronsil, which badges are you looking for to show up i'll check

7 minutes ago, Snakehips said:

@Tait  

Thank you for the dark theme.

Arguably better to be confused and in the dark than blinded by the light. ;)

Has the banner advertising policy changed?

I am seeing an annoying, (to me at least), targeted,  Google Ad banner below the first post of each page.

What was the advertising policy you're referring to? I'm planning on making it so people who've donated in the current year won't see those ads. We have to get the increased bills paid but I'll find a good balance of looking after the core community.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

So far I have had nursing homes, deaf aids, Jeeps and a kitchen company who we used for our kitchen cabinets! I’m worried I will get tempted by Nespresso . . . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am getting those adverts as well, really annoying, I get why you have to do this to keep up revenue @tait however some folk contribute to the forum In many other ways than just financial and the constant ads might drive some of those folk away!

• Like 2

AKA Toffee chips

4 minutes ago, MildredM said:

So far I have had nursing homes, deaf aids, Jeeps and a kitchen company who we used for our kitchen cabinets! I’m worried I will get tempted by Nespresso . . . 

I'll gladly take your list over the inappropriate carp I'm getting!

Screenshot_2019-05-22-10-54-16.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1