MildredM

New Look Forum!

I hate change! And I'd be the first to say I could grumble for England! When I landed on CFUK yesteday morning I wondered what the heck had happened!! However, 24 hours later I am starting to love the new look forum - everything is still here and easy to find once you get the gist of things, it is easier to post (iPad/laptop) without bothering with Tapatalk (which has its own anomalies), and I expect there are a bunch of other reasons behind the scenes for upgrading. Maybe when @Tait has 5 minutes he can fill us in on the whys and wherefores. I suspect we will see far less spam for starters. I expect he is beavering away improving lots of things to make it even better and posting what's what in between titivating the site and slurping a load of coffee.

Oh yes! One of THE most irritating features of the old forum was posting photos. It is a breeze now - adding a single pic or multiple just takes seconds (it is even easier than doing it via TapaTalk).

I am sure once we all get used to it we will wonder what all the fuss was about 😁 

Coffee.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

This is good. On a laptop etc just hover over the name for a box to click message the user!

955207F6-6E8A-4EE5-A442-A0139A21F943.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

i still couldn't get used to the mobile view. But desktop view is not too bad :)Anyone figured out how to see the location of user? It used to be on the right top corner of the comment.

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

1 minute ago, Inspector said:

i still couldn't get used to the mobile view. But desktop view is not too bad :)Anyone figured out how to see the location of user? It used to be on the right top corner of the comment.

Hmmm I can only see location by clicking on the forum user 🤨

• Thanks 1

If you are still feeling a bit lost then one of the easy ways to see latest posting is buy clicking here - 

ECF003DD-B8C9-4FA3-9A37-91C77E58AA7B.jpeg

And then . . . 

4F72E89D-EBC2-4151-8376-7F0502BC1997.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Chap-a-chino said:

@Tait is it still possible to thank someone for their post and like it?

Our new "Like" is now a cuppa coffee! I just liked this. Thank is a Trophy atm.

• Like 8

But can you do both ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tait said:

Quite like this new system :) liking the new look now that I'm used to it as well! 

• Like 1

......it is pretty terrible to use on my Android tablet 😞

Fracino Ariete (Classico), Wood Handles, opv 9 bar - Mazzer Royal inc.Titanium Burrs T151B ,Funnel mod + powder coat in progress - Mazzer Super Jolly inc. Cleen sweep doser, new paint job ! - Mazzer Mini - Rancilio Silvia inc. MeCoffee PID, IMS Shower Screen, Silicone Group Head, opv to 9 bar - Gaggia Classic, Silicone Group Head, Rancilio steam arm, opv 9 bar + Other stuff 🙂

It'll take some adjustment. But change isn't inherently bad, eh?

• Like 1

Espresso: Quick Mill Verona

Grinder: Niche Zero

Brewed: Hario V60, French press

3 hours ago, simon333 said:

......it is pretty terrible to use on my Android tablet 😞

How so? Perhaps I can help?

50 minutes ago, Tait said:

How so? Perhaps I can help?

.... It seems to be layout mainly and sizing,  before when I was viewing the for sale section everything would be neatly laid out and I could see all the unread items that I've not looked at, but now I seem to be permanently scrolling and not being too sure what's read and unread as clearly as it was.....

Anyway I didn't mean to belittle all the hard work that people have put in creating this, It's just that I have no idea I change was coming I refreshed my screen and it was all change !

1 hour ago, lhavelund said:

It'll take some adjustment. But change isn't inherently bad, eh?

As Ihavelund says, change isn't inherently bad, eh?

Just ignore me, I 'll get used to it, sorry for being negative 😞

Kind Regards

• Like 1

Fracino Ariete (Classico), Wood Handles, opv 9 bar - Mazzer Royal inc.Titanium Burrs T151B ,Funnel mod + powder coat in progress - Mazzer Super Jolly inc. Cleen sweep doser, new paint job ! - Mazzer Mini - Rancilio Silvia inc. MeCoffee PID, IMS Shower Screen, Silicone Group Head, opv to 9 bar - Gaggia Classic, Silicone Group Head, Rancilio steam arm, opv 9 bar + Other stuff 🙂

I used to be able to look at a list of posts on one page and easily determine all sorts of info...like how many pages of new posts there are

Now it is scroll scroll scroll. 

I am sure that the phone users and tablet users are happy little chappies in fact anything with touch screen control but for the remainder we have lost so much

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I for one like it, I'm not saying it's better or worse for that matter just I like it thus far and I'm sure eventually it will be enjoyed by many. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just found something else. Downloads, for file sharing. It could be useful - I will test it out with a recycled quiz later 😁 

• Like 1

So, who's trying the new 'Dark Mode' skin? (selectable at the bottom of the page)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

7 minutes ago, Rhys said:

So, who's trying the new 'Dark Mode' skin? (selectable at the bottom of the page)

Oh I say :)

13 minutes ago, Rhys said:

Actually, this wasn't really available for anyone who wasn't an Admin @Rhys. I've now made it available to members but it's in "beta" meaning you may find some issues with it. Please report any graphical weirdness to me and i'll sort it.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Rhys said:

been there done that 😎

All good in military terms 👍🏻, until I hit the reply button. On Android/DuckDuckGo Browser at least, CSS style did not transfer to text input box 

Just now, Tait said:

Actually, this wasn't really available for anyone who wasn't an Admin @Rhys. I've now made it available to members but it's in "beta" meaning you may find some issue with it. Please report any graphical weirdness to me and i'll sort it.

Like it :)

Just a bit of a job reading my signature but as most folks will have blocked it anyway . . . 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tait said:

Actually, this wasn't really available for anyone who wasn't an Admin @Rhys. I've now made it available to members but it's in "beta" meaning you may find some issue with it. Please report any graphical weirdness to me and i'll sort it.

It's much better. Thank you!

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

10 minutes ago, Rhys said:

Naughty Rhys, letting things slip out  😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MildredM said:

Like it :)

Just a bit of a job reading my signature but as most folks will have blocked it anyway . . . 

We can’t block it until we know what the gap is for

• Haha 1